My pendulum and reverse pendulum serve variations akin to Zhang jike!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
My demonstration of the Zhang jike's pendulum and reverse pendulum serves. with awesome graphics, enjoy!
This is the first version, I got the net changed and I have noted a lot of mistakes and the motion is far from perfect. I would like to know your insights

Thanks always for your kindness!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Looking pretty good, would be good to get some different camera angles in there too, like from the side so people can see your motion more clearly, for learning at least :)
Considering making some serve vids myself as it'd be good to see myself and see what I can improve and I love serving.. for some reason it's just incredibly satisfying I feel like you feel the same haha

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Looking pretty good, would be good to get some different camera angles in there too, like from the side so people can see your motion more clearly, for learning at least :)
Considering making some serve vids myself as it'd be good to see myself and see what I can improve and I love serving.. for some reason it's just incredibly satisfying I feel like you feel the same haha

Dude, next time I will add some angles while recoding. But, the only difficulty is to reshoot with my smart phone again from other side.

You should definitely start producing videos. You never know how good and capable you are till the moment you record. Also, you can learn a lot about your motion and mistakes from your own videos. I believe it is critical step in receiving critical feedbacks. It seems we share the same passion.

Hoping a new video from you soon:D

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
your service is really good Siva Schopenhauer I would like to perform it too but i can't ...

Hi violoniste, Thanks for the acknowledgment!

I am glad to help you with this serve. I am will be making a video soon with vocals. I am little bit shy to speak in front of camera. I am also good in messing up my grammar. Neverthless, I ll make the video asap. In the meatntime, If you need some help with this serve PM me:eek:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey Siva,
good job. the reverse pendulum isn´t an easy serve. Well done.

True story, I have been practising reverse backhand for many months (probably over 3 or 4). I wasn't able to execute it all. Then, it dawned at me that the grip and contact was wrong. I learned it seeing a matchplay of Fan Zhendong. Now, no turning back. It was worth a try:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Dude, next time I will add some angles while recoding. But, the only difficulty is to reshoot with my smart phone again from other side.

You should definitely start producing videos. You never know how good and capable you are till the moment you record. Also, you can learn a lot about your motion and mistakes from your own videos. I believe it is critical step in receiving critical feedbacks. It seems we share the same passion.

Hoping a new video from you soon:D

I understand, I don't mind the angle at the moment, it just might be interesting to some people if you're considering making tutorials :)

I'm soon going away for 3 weeks but I'll see if I can put something together before then! It'd be a very good learning experience. Hopefully get some good feedback from other people then too :), looking forward to seeing more stuff from you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
you followed a method when you start to learn this service or only by feeling ?

All the serves have been self-taught. So, I think it is mostly about feeling. But, for example, when my opponent plays, I can easily understand what is going wrong. For most of the part, It would be with wrong grip, improper motion etc.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I played kerisliga. I think it is like the bottom most division. I am fairly new to the sport. In terms of techniques and skill, my ability is not commendable. I just uploaded a video of me doing some multiball with my friend.

check from 1:47 second where I hit some forehands and also in the last 20 seconds of the video Aw, the motion is so awful:mad:

Judge for yourself and also convey me what my strength could be

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Heyyyyy..... You've got a new net....

So here we go:
The motion of your backhand flip doesn't look bad at all, but you got some work on your fh to do. May i ask what kind of blade and rubbers you use? I hope you can take constructive criticism.

My first impression was that it looked as if you were holding yourself back, so it could be that your racket is a bit too fast.
But the motion of your fh also goes to the side quite early, some shots were ok, but when the ball came close to the body you've been rockin' the world famous t-rex topspin.
;)
Just step a tiny step more to the bh side, so you can do the same motion of your fh loop like you did when the ball was bouncin' an armlength away.
Footwork is also important. It gives you the ability to have the right distance to the ball to be able to get good spin on the ball, so rather move the feet instead of those close-to-the-body shots.

I've posted a vid where a good friend and me we're actually doing a 'Falkenberg' drill.
But we captured one real nice topspin. His motion is quite nice. Take a look.

Hope this wasn't too hard and you can find this helpful.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hey Siva. Your backhand seems okay but your fh drives are the ones you need to work on. You have great height, hence nice arm length. But whenever you play fh shots, you gotta include your waist power too. What you are doing is you are mostly using your arms, and from the video, it seems your equipment is the one for the shots, instead it should be your technique and your body power. Only then the shots will have the ping effect. If you would like to see the stance and body posture, there's ma long tutorial, which will give you the basic positions, and for further advanced loop strokes, you can see zhang jike instructions, which are probanbly available on butterfly's official site. Since you have a great camera, you can record even more while you are practising by using above mentioned videos and then you can definitely level up your game skills.
Tell me if this videos helped!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer