need advice on all wood blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
I need some help picking out an all wood blade thats not head heavy (i wanna put on andro R.Grip), with good speed, control and dwell. Weights not an issue as long as its not too crazy. Im wanna help my buddy out and get him a paddle of his own. He's been playing my old setup stiga allaround nct with calibra sound, but it doesn't match his skill level at all. My plan is to get him better so i can get better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
i just looked up your rubbers, the EL-S and EL-P. they're heavy rubbers?

They are medium heavy. I previously used Xiom Fuga, and my racket was way lighter. IMHO for an intermediate player it is better to stick with a blade with softer outer ply, it gives more control and dwell time than hard plies. There is a nice page http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=7194 with construction list. I bet you can choose pretty much any OFF or OFF- 5ply with limba outer wood from this list. Depending on whether it fits your budget, whether you like the handle and so on. Regarding weight, you often can ask a dealer to give a lighter or heavier blade if you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtyD
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Read 7 reviews
So that means your friend is better than you? Than i guess something like eternity vps v with el-s and vega japan will be a good setup

No, he's not consistent. he doesn't practice or play much, but he's got a natural talent. I try to focus on having fun and improving my game over winning when we play. if that makes any sense.:)

Last edited: