This user has no status.
How do you like Battle 2 provincial? I have one sheet of that, blue sponge. I have put it on a spare blade but have not used it that much. I am curious what your opinion would be as I eventually will cycle back to that blade.
I’ve only tried the provincial purple sponge version H40. You need a lot of effort for that initially, more than Neo Hurricane 3. After a few hours it softens and is very good, not very bouncy but good control and nice over the table and also away just need to put in the power. Also don’t use it on a hard blade unless you boost it.

Reactions: JJ Ng
says Hey! I'm a big fan of table tennis but also a...
says Hey! I'm a big fan of table tennis but also a...
Jun 2023
  • Haha
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I’ve only tried the provincial purple sponge version H40. You need a lot of effort for that initially, more than Neo Hurricane 3. After a few hours it softens and is very good, not very bouncy but good control and nice over the table and also away just need to put in the power. Also don’t use it on a hard blade unless you boost it.
Got it. Yes that's my impression too. I like Hurricane 3 neo better. But Battle II Provincial blue sponge is not bad either. It plays earily similar to Sanwei Target National black sheet with blue sponge. Nothing wrong with them. I can see how they soften up over time and people would like them. But I still prefer Hurricane 3 neo at the end of the day.

So how is it going, what are you using now? I’m surprised that nobody asked you why not just plain Rakza Z since you found EH version too hard and didn’t seem to have any other problems with it.
Considering your choices, only Battle 2 National Gold version is like a boosted H3 since it’s bouncier than regular Battle 2 provincial which I’ve used. If you want a tacky rubber close to the table I’d recommend Hurricane 2 Neo H39, it works better close to the table than Hurricane 3 Neo.
Funnily enough, I chose a rubber that wasn't in any of my choices: Dignics 05. I was able to get a sheet for relatively cheap so I thought why not?