Need help chosing equipment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hi i'm a young tt player been playing for around 4 years now. I'm a lefty with a good attacking style and my forehand is my strength, i'm looking to make a new bat and need some reccomendations for rubbers and blades, i'm looking for a variety of prices. Something that suits me.
Comment down below anything that comes to mind.

Thanks.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, can you estimate your level?

What have you been using till now? Blade? Rubbers? Prebuilt or rubbers and blade bought separate and rubbers glued and cut onto the blade?

Have you had any coaching?

Have you played in a league or, if in USA, do you have a USATT rating?

Do you like harder blades? Stiffer blades? More flexible? Softer? More spin? More smashing and driving? Any rackets you've tried recently that you really liked? Do you know any players whose rackets you can try?

Ultimately, if you are looking for a new racket/rubbers setup and don't have a coach who knows your game and who you can consult for what will be best for you, that is ideal.

Second best is to try a lot of rackets from everyone you play. And there will be some that you like.

But, short of that, the more information people here know about your game, what you've used, etc, the more possible it will be for people here to help you out with information on equipment.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: BeGo
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Yeah, can you estimate your level?

What have you been using till now? Blade? Rubbers? Prebuilt or rubbers and blade bought separate and rubbers glued and cut onto the blade?

Have you had any coaching?

Have you played in a league or, if in USA, do you have a USATT rating?

Do you like harder blades? Stiffer blades? More flexible? Softer? More spin? More smashing and driving? Any rackets you've tried recently that you really liked? Do you know any players whose rackets you can try?

Ultimately, if you are looking for a new racket/rubbers setup and don't have a coach who knows your game and who you can consult for what will be best for you, that is ideal.

Second best is to try a lot of rackets from everyone you play. And there will be some that you like.

But, short of that, the more information people here know about your game, what you've used, etc, the more possible it will be for people here to help you out with information on equipment.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Nah Carl, become a member of the HARDCORE PUNDITS and state that the only way to grow is with an ALL class wood 5 ply with 1.5-1.7 Srivers and call it a day, then go on to explain why any thing else is gunna be the ruin of him.

I know you got some 5 ply wood blades you like on hand, heck, I even got one in my TT bag (The Nexy LISSOM) but let's here it from you one time.

Wouldn't it feel really good to declare that as the only way to go? Saves a lot of breath.

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Nah Carl, become a member of the HARDCORE PUNDITS and state that the only way to grow is with an ALL class wood 5 ply with 1.5-1.7 Srivers and call it a day, then go on to explain why any thing else is gunna be the ruin of him.

I know you got some 5 ply wood blades you like on hand, heck, I even got one in my TT bag (The Nexy LISSOM) but let's here it from you one time.

Wouldn't it feel really good to declare that as the only way to go? Saves a lot of breath.

hahaha. It is often the case that an all wood 5 ply would be useful. I kind of feel like older gen tensors are good for a lot of people to start off with. But, hey, Mark V is actually not bad rubber or XP2008. I would rather find out what he is used to and a few other things before I say things that may be good for his play.

He did say he is playing 4 years and is good at looping. I think the Kim Jung Hoon 7 ply might be a good option here. Feel and flex like a 5 ply with a few extra gears. But, who knows until he answers about what he has already been using.

Reactions: Der_Echte