Need help with blade choice.

This user has no status.
Hi guys I am a two-winged looper. I am currently using an off- blade with Rasant and Rasant Grip on each side. This blade is good up close to the table however it lacks away from the table power. My strokes are becoming more advanced I was just wondering what blade would suit me? I was looking at either the Hurricane Long 3, Butterfly Viscaria, TB Spirit or the TB ALC. Thanks in advance.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I have an 896 ALL+ to OFF- blade with Regular Rasant on FH side that is FASTER from mid-distance counterlooping than TBS with Aurus.

You want faster performance with a familiar blade, try slapping on a sheet of Calibra LT to that blade and see how it goes, that joker is fast with a capital B.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Hi guys I am a two-winged looper. I am currently using an off- blade with Rasant and Rasant Grip on each side. This blade is good up close to the table however it lacks away from the table power. My strokes are becoming more advanced I was just wondering what blade would suit me? I was looking at either the Hurricane Long 3, Butterfly Viscaria, TB Spirit or the TB ALC. Thanks in advance.

Which blade and what rubber thickness?

A lot of players, pros and amateurs, play with off- blades and don't lack power away from the table. Have a chat with a coach - perhaps a simple small change in your looping technique will bring about the desired effect without sacrificing the control and feel of an off- blade.

Also, as you play better opponents, you will inevitably find that some of your shots become less effective against better opposition. Changing equipment is not the best way to deal with this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
I'm a two-winged looper, too. I'm using Viscaria with Andro Rasant on my BH. It's really great, powerful, good feeling, blocking. You can't go wrong with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
I think the TB Spirit is good. It is not so expensive, and my coach says that the TB Spirit has lots of control and feeling. Lots of speed, too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
TB Spirit is great for power... combine it with Tenergy 05 on the FH and you've got a monster looping setup. The drawback is... your control may suffer in short game.

This user has no status.
I bought two Viscarias. Main setup is about 87G i wanted it a little heavier though and the second one only weighs like 85 :(. Nonetheless this blade is by far the best thing I have ever used. massive amounts of control but when i go back from the table it is a monster. I have H3 NEO with 3 layers of Falco on it and it just murders everything.