need suggesstions for tibhar rapid carbon?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
i am planning to upgrade from donic persson powerplay to tibhar rapid carbon. currently i have been playing with tenergy 05-fx on FH while donic coppa jo on BH. i now plan to put rakza 7 on BH while i 'll continue with tenergy on FH. i usually do loops,fast topspin and side spin depending on the ball. is this combination ok? or any other rubber ? and is this wood good and fast? given that i won't be changing it for atleast an year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would wait for the more knowledgeable people to comment. But a few initial questions that need to be asked :

1. Why do you want to switch ? Or rather why do you think switching the blade will help you . Carbon will add power , but anything that adds power will also have less control
2. Rakza has the same topsheet as mark v , albeit with a different sponge ( similar to spring sponge ) and hence it will be much heavier than donic coppa jo , so keep that in mind when you switch.

Logically approaching the problem , I would go slow on the change. First, either change the blade or the rubber and then once you find its working , you make the next change. That way it will be easier to isolate your problems and solve it . Once you make two changes at once, identifying which change is suting you and which is not will be difficult and it will be difficult to get used to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I would wait for the more knowledgeable people to comment. But a few initial questions that need to be asked :

1. Why do you want to switch ? Or rather why do you think switching the blade will help you . Carbon will add power , but anything that adds power will also have less control
2. Rakza has the same topsheet as mark v , albeit with a different sponge ( similar to spring sponge ) and hence it will be much heavier than donic coppa jo , so keep that in mind when you switch.

Logically approaching the problem , I would go slow on the change. First, either change the blade or the rubber and then once you find its working , you make the next change. That way it will be easier to isolate your problems and solve it . Once you make two changes at once, identifying which change is suting you and which is not will be difficult and it will be difficult to get used to.

i actually need a carbon wood because i find donic persson to be quite slow for my liking. i am still unsure about rakza, i have played with my friend's rakza and i thought it work great, but i can buy any other rubber in such range like donic acuda s1 or baracuda. though i don't have much personal experience with these rubbers.
great advice, i may now buy the blade first because i have unsuccessfully changed quite a few rubbers on persson powerplay, so i guess it's time for change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk