New carbon blades from Friendship/729!

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I saw these on aliexpress the other day for 30 bucks!

They're available in shakehand and cpen. They come in 4 different versions and the top ply is the main difference, redwood is supposed to be the softest and blackwood the hardest.

The composition is:

Top ply: Redwood, Rosewood, Verawood and Blackwood

Mid ply: Ayous

Inner ply: KLC (some kind of carbon)

Core: Ayous

They look interesting and the price is really good!

What's your opinion on them?

-1521931602108718798.jpg

Reactions: kindof99
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
They may be new for Aliexpress but not in China. KLC is called "yellow ALC" in China. The KLC layer is thin for this blade series on their ads.

I have never tried 729 blades but they are more known for their rubbers. Also there aren't many ALC blades that can be cheaper than these (maybe except the 729 yellow ALC), so if you want to try how ALC feels with low cost, they are worth a shot.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
They may be new for Aliexpress but not in China. KLC is called "yellow ALC" in China. The KLC layer is thin for this blade series on their ads.

I have never tried 729 blades but they are more known for their rubbers. Also there aren't many ALC blades that can be cheaper than these (maybe except the 729 yellow ALC), so if you want to try how ALC feels with low cost, they are worth a shot.
Nah, I'm an 5ply wood purist, they just caught my eye with how cheap they were. Idk, maybe I'll try the redwood if I order from ali. 30 bucks won't hurt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

They're available in shakehand and cpen. They come in 4 different versions and the top ply is the main difference, redwood is supposed to be the softest and blackwood the hardest.

The composition is:

View attachment 27399
I had the verawood one. It was very good. Very different feeling than my white wood blades though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022

The composition is:

View attachment 27399
Friend has one, Speed was nice. Feeling was terrible lmao. It is all subjective. Build quality isn't very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Friend has one, Speed was nice. Feeling was terrible lmao. It is all subjective. Build quality isn't very good.
Disagree on the build quality, these are very beautiful blades. In fact, I had mine for about 2 months then my friend wanted to buy it mainly for the slick looking design. So I just sold it off to my friend.

Because of the hard dark surface wood, the blade has a fairly snappy feeling impact. The feeling is quite different. It was quite fun to block with and was quite fast.

But with the inner carbon, the dwell time is quite long. There is a fairly strong feeling of grabbing the ball.

I dunno if its just me, but I feel the KLC layer is softer than ALC, so it didn't have a massive 2nd gear. The difference between 1st and 2nd gear was less pronounced compared to HL5 style blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Disagree on the build quality, these are very beautiful blades. In fact, I had mine for about 2 months then my friend wanted to buy it mainly for the slick looking design. So I just sold it off to my friend.

Because of the hard dark surface wood, the blade has a fairly snappy feeling impact. The feeling is quite different. It was quite fun to block with and was quite fast.

But with the inner carbon, the dwell time is quite long. There is a fairly strong feeling of grabbing the ball.

I dunno if its just me, but I feel the KLC layer is softer than ALC, so it didn't have a massive 2nd gear. The difference between 1st and 2nd gear was less pronounced compared to HL5 style blade.
Not saying it is ugly, the design is nice. But it just felt kinda cheapish? The build quality felt like xvt archer b carbon. His was already pretty old, perhaps a defect i don't really know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Not saying it is ugly, the design is nice. But it just felt kinda cheapish? The build quality felt like xvt archer b carbon. His was already pretty old, perhaps a defect i don't really know.
Well, maybe its subjective. I never felt it looked cheap. It looks just like how it does in the photos, it looks perfectly good to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Nah, I'm an 5ply wood purist, they just caught my eye with how cheap they were. Idk, maybe I'll try the redwood if I order from ali. 30 bucks won't hurt.
Be careful with redwood. There are many completely different trees with red color. They vary greatly in both weight and stiffness, which can greatly affect the properties of the blade. Mahogany, for example, is heavy and viscous and slows down considerably...

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Be careful with redwood. There are many completely different trees with red color. They vary greatly in both weight and stiffness, which can greatly affect the properties of the blade. Mahogany, for example, is heavy and viscous and slows down considerably...
I don't know then, maybe the rosewood. I've played the rose nct v, could be fun to experiment

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Can you compare the feeling to that of a viscaria or any other popular carbon blade?
I think compared to Viscaria, it has a harder surface feeling, but it has more dwell time than Viscaria. It kinda has a louder cracking sound on every hit compared to viscaria.

So the overall blade doesn't feel terribly stiff, the but surface touch of the blade feels harder.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I think compared to Viscaria, it has a harder surface feeling, but it has more dwell time than Viscaria. It kinda has a louder cracking sound on every hit compared to viscaria.

So the overall blade doesn't feel terribly stiff, the but surface touch of the blade feels harder.
I see, thanks a lot for the comarison!

One more question, I'm looking for a cheap palio/yinhe blade for penhold, I have a stiga azalea off but is heavyyyyy... I don't care if it has carbon as long as it's light and relatively slow.

I'm looking at the Palio r57 (5+2) and the Yinhe mc2 (5ply). The palio because it's light and people say it's not too fast, and the yinhe because it's pretty similar to the classic stiga 5ply blades. I play with the Intensity and don't want anything drastically different. So 5ply wood and 5+2, but light, I can't find much that are light... Got any recommendations???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I see, thanks a lot for the comarison!

One more question, I'm looking for a cheap palio/yinhe blade for penhold, I have a stiga azalea off but is heavyyyyy... I don't care if it has carbon as long as it's light and relatively slow.

I'm looking at the Palio r57 (5+2) and the Yinhe mc2 (5ply). The palio because it's light and people say it's not too fast, and the yinhe because it's pretty similar to the classic stiga 5ply blades. I play with the Intensity and don't want anything drastically different. So 5ply wood and 5+2, but light, I can't find much that are light... Got any recommendations???
MC2 is a nice wood blade, quite cheap, so I would recommend it.

I think Sanwei blades tend to run light, but anyways, you can always ask the seller to pick a light one out for you. Why not get the 75 inner?

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I've seen it but I can't get it because of the Greek customs. I can hardly get over 20 euros. At 22 the customs all items get taxed, so I would end up paying 80 euros instead of 40, it's a big handicap when it gets to buying outside the EU...