New DHS 40+ Ball - TTNPP (Is it fake or is it real?)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I will believe thin seam ones are real when someone receives them from a vendor like TT11.

Update: In a thread at MyTT we learn that one guy bought D40+ made in July of 2017 at a shop in Beijing that had thick seams and play well. Another guy got D40+ from ttnpp, also stamped July 2017, but with thin seams and they don't play well (actually play like old DHS 40+).

We still have three possibilities.

1. D40+ balls from ttnpp at the moment are fake.
2. DHS changed the process of making the balls at some point in July, and managed to make the new balls worse (at the same time they made the seams thin.
3. DHS now has two factories making D40+ balls that have different properties.

not sure yet which it is, but we will know soon if people keep reporting what they get.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
TTNPP has been selling D40+ for $72 for 40 or $.55 a ball. They have received great views. It is the cheapest ball which is presently used on the pro tour. Most other brands sell for 2-4 times the DHS cost.

A lot of brands are probably jealous due to losing a lot of $ sales. So BEWARE someone might try to discredit TTNPP to make the public hesitant to buy from them especially on forum's.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
This is really interresting. I recieved 6 packages 2 days ago from ttnpp. Stamp XHAG and all the balls has thick seam. Strange...

I will believe thin seam ones are real when someone receives them from a vendor like TT11.

Update: In a thread at MyTT we learn that one guy bought D40+ made in July of 2017 at a shop in Beijing that had thick seams and play well. Another guy got D40+ from ttnpp, also stamped July 2017, but with thin seams and they don't play well (actually play like old DHS 40+).

We still have three possibilities.

1. D40+ balls from ttnpp at the moment are fake.
2. DHS changed the process of making the balls at some point in July, and managed to make the new balls worse (at the same time they made the seams thin.
3. DHS now has two factories making D40+ balls that have different properties.

not sure yet which it is, but we will know soon if people keep reporting what they get.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Sorry but that’s just nonsense. I did buy from them in spring and got great D40+ balls (just one package) and now I bought more and I posted proof that they are not identical, just check the pictures.

Edit: it could be that I received a bad batch. I will open another package later and play with them.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I don't think Fabian is trying to discredit anyone and I am glad that he called it to people's attention. I just don't think we know yet why he got some bad balls from ttnpp.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
XEAG date stamp on pack of 10 thick seam balls from TT11 received yesterday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
In my post I wasn´t try to say that I don´t believe what Fabian is telling us, quite opposite. What is strange to me is that ttnpp clearly has differrent balls with same code. I´m sorry Fabian if you felt that I questioned your integrity becouse that wasn´t my intention.

Sorry but that’s just nonsense. I did buy from them in spring and got great D40+ balls (just one package) and now I bought more and I posted proof that they are not identical, just check the pictures.

Edit: it could be that I received a bad batch. I will open another package later and play with them.

Reactions: Shifu
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Just a misunderstanding, no harm done. :) Unfortunately I am sick at the moment so I can't practice, maybe someone else can test the new balls. But yeah, they definitely felt weird, especially the sound.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Another idea, let's suppose, somebody is making fake DHS D40+ balls, an outside person makes a payoff to a TTNPP employee to add some fakes to the inventory, then they are shipped out normally which results in a bad batch. TTNPP is discredited. That would be easy to do.

Question, who would have a thin seam factory ball mold to make the fakes ?

Anything is possible in the ruthless business world if enough Sales $ are lost by competitive brands.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I can imagine that in a chinese factory someone wants to earn more money, so he started to use the old 40+ factory lines too, but he stamps the balls with the the new machines. It's definitely not TTNP's fault.

Yep, I wonder about this too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Here we go:

IMG_0026.jpg

bigger resolution below

https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/34001965/IMG_0026.jpg