New Equipment (Rubbers & Blades) 2020

XIOM Hugo HAL 5w+2 Hyper Axylium

sPOkshXl.png

Are you sure it’s alc? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that it’s just Al (without the carbon)
It is basically ALC but since ALC is trademarked in Japan that is why they did not name it ALC. I have explained this repeatedly in the past.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
It is no ALC, it is AL, so only arylate/axylium fibre. There will also be an ALC version: the Deep impact 36.5 will be ALC with Koto outer, so seems to be Viscaria clone with cold glue process

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
It is basically ALC but since ALC is trademarked in Japan that is why they did not name it ALC. I have explained this repeatedly in the past.

Most ALC blades I've seen had a checkerboard pattern on the composite layer. You could see alternating colors, for example, blue and black. This one has a continuous blue line so it suggests it doesn't have carbon (usually black) in the weave, or this is not a weave at all.
sal.jpg
Photo source: another thread in this forum.

Last edited:

sPOkshXl.png

Are you sure it’s alc? I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that it’s just Al (without the carbon)

It is no ALC, it is AL, so only arylate/axylium fibre. There will also be an ALC version: the Deep impact 36.5 will be ALC with Koto outer, so seems to be Viscaria clone with cold glue process

You can go ahead and argue with Xiom if you do not believe me. They have repeatedly said it is Super ALC but since the term is trademarked in Japan, they are not allowed to use it. I have the orange Axylium blades coming including the Ice cream blades that have the orange axylium instead of blue. The Hugo SAL and the 36.5.

Kuba, i know how a normal ALC looks like since I have owned more than a dozen ALC blades through the years but as what Xiom told me months ago and even confirmed to me again this is their version of ALC!

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
ALC means Arylate CARBON. They are not allowed to call it Arylate, since this is trademarked. Anyway the Hugo SAL / HAL is without carbon, while the 36.5 is with carbon. They call both Axylium, since they are not allowed to call it Arylate.
anyway, Hugo SAL/HAL is AL (fiber only) and 36.5 is ALC.
they state this themselves in their catalogue...

sPOkshXl.png

ALC means Arylate CARBON. They are not allowed to call it Arylate, since this is trademarked. Anyway the Hugo SAL / HAL is without carbon, while the 36.5 is with carbon. They call both Axylium, since they are not allowed to call it Arylate.

Which catalogue ate you talking about? The 36.5 is also axylium. I have the catalogue that is given to distributors. Let me give you an insider info. Octover 2019 when I met with Xiom executives and the 4 blades were presented to us including what the composite material on each blade. The Hugo blade has Super ALC but they call it Super AL only due to trademark reasons. It is different from the regular ALC because they say it has better properties. Check the new catalogue, the ice cream blades both azx and azxi both have axylium on one side which before was with alc. And no, they did not change the composite material it is still ALC but a super ALC that is. You only know what you read online about Xiom products but you do not even have insider info on what you are seeing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Agreed with the reasoning.
Zrzut ekranu 2020-04-18 o 13.02.15.jpg
As seen on the screenshot, I asked them directly. Whoever is handling their facebook they seem to agree with our reasoning. Although I trust your sources Yogi, this particular topic is weird. I know you have inside sources but both pictures, their PR and common reasoning tend to lean towards pure arylate, without carbon.

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
They are the same. SAL was released as a limited edition in Korea and Europe only to see whether it is a success. It is allowed to call it „Arylate“ in these countries. Now they are releasing it worldwide and they need to call it differently : axylium

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Yes carbon, no carbon, yes carbon, no carbon...

Damn, there's nothing (a)xiom about Axylium. This is so anti-Xiom.

https://tabletennisshop.com.au/blog/interview-xiom/
2. CONCEPT

The name XIOM came from the word AXIOM. (It is pronounced as ‘axiom’.)
As some of you might know, axiom means new paradigm or what you call a self-evident truth that requires no proof (Wikipedia).

This user has no status.
No Carbon. I have the SAL but I can't wait to try the HAL. Below is from the Xiom website about the HAL:

"We focused on the idea that Hugo is playing pure wood blade. Therefore, we developed the Super Arylate without Carbon materials.

After several sample tests with Hugo Calderano, we’ve released HUGO SAL limited edition to Europe and Korea only. Now "HUGO SAL" is well-known for its unique feeling and performance.

And now, XIOM development team is preparing to release another HUGO blade, HUGO HAL.
XIOM is to release "HUGO HAL (Hyper Axylium)" in June 2020. The special material "Hyper Axylium" used in "HUGO HAL" is a high-quality Orange-colored Arylate which is originally developed by XIOM. We named this new material as "Hyper Axylium" because it has a slightly different character than the "Super Arylate" used in the "HUGO SAL". Hyper Axylium features a clear feeling, improved repulsive power, and well-balanced performance.

HUGO HAL is similar to HUGO SAL in terms of a non-carbon material, but it has a different repulsion and playing sense. Detailed information about the product will be followed sequentially."

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews