New gear

This user has no status.
Also from DHS, there are those blades that are cheap and all wood:

Power G7
Power G8
Power G9

But i think they are all fast blades, but who knows, you may control them regardless of the speed, they are not very very fast after all, say they are OFF category, G7 could be the fastest but i don't think they are uncontrollable after all.

We will see what you will get, good luck with your decision.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I forgot to mention that I a while ago bought a Yasaka Mark V carbon(pre assembled) and I played with it and I think its ok. But I know that I want something else that feels better. As You say Tareq I looked at a cheaper model of TB all, or TB off-. So I have a list of what blades I can choose, as a start of course. Regarding the rubbers Could I try some DHS or Friendship that could suit me? I would like to try a cheaper version also because I think that a expensive one is easier to find.

This user has no status.
I forgot to mention that I a while ago bought a Yasaka Mark V carbon(pre assembled) and I played with it and I think its ok. But I know that I want something else that feels better. As You say Tareq I looked at a cheaper model of TB all, or TB off-. So I have a list of what blades I can choose, as a start of course. Regarding the rubbers Could I try some DHS or Friendship that could suit me? I would like to try a cheaper version also because I think that a expensive one is easier to find.

From DHS, the only rubber that i hear a lot is Hurricane ones, could be NEO 3 or just Hurricane 3, some keep talking about provincial or commercial versions, until now i didn't buy this rubber and not sure which version, i feel it is like gambling or a lottery with this rubber, and now with new one which is Hurricane 8 sounds it is more towards new poly balls.

About Friendship rubbers, i just hear good things about it, mostly 729, but there are lots version of Friendship rubbers and many are good, so difficult to point on one only, after all they are cheap and you can buy even 4 in price of 1/4-1/3 of one Tenergy rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I think that Neo 3 is faster. I think that I will try a wooden stiga, classic etc with dhs hurricane 3 on both sides. After hitting some balls I will certainly upgrade to TB ZLF with 05 fx and 64fx, I think that they will suite me. I don't understand the 729 rubbers, wich one could compare with hurricane 3 or H3 neo? Friendship is also cheaper than DHS

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just lost a final (U1800, yeah, I dropped level that much !) in an important Korean TT tourney in NJ for the East Coast Korean TT assn. My opponent was also a foreigner with control of hand pressure at impact that totally fooled me and made me SO reluctant to blindly attack balls I could not properly read...

Opponent was using a Timo Boll W5 with H3 and T64...

but for real, please, Child... that dude coulda used my Der_Echte Special and played the same way and destroyed me. I lost 1-3 in front of every one.

This user has no status.
Again, i keep recommending Tenergy 05 or 05FX for FH, about BH not sure, i am happy with 05FX on my FH, but someone in the club trying to convince me to go with Calibra LT Sound, he told me he tried too many rubbers of different brands until he found that Calibra LT Sound is the best rubber for BH combined with 05FX on FH, is he right?

I am still looking for a rubber for BH, i am very happy with 05/05FX on FH so far on different blades, just BH is somehow a so so for now even i still use 05FX for BH on the main blade for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Again, i keep recommending Tenergy 05 or 05FX for FH, about BH not sure, i am happy with 05FX on my FH, but someone in the club trying to convince me to go with Calibra LT Sound, he told me he tried too many rubbers of different brands until he found that Calibra LT Sound is the best rubber for BH combined with 05FX on FH, is he right?

I am still looking for a rubber for BH, i am very happy with 05/05FX on FH so far on different blades, just BH is somehow a so so for now even i still use 05FX for BH on the main blade for now.

I know that alot of people use tenergy 64,64fx on their BH, You would need good spin for topspins and block, I like speed and spin in my backhand so i can do a fast smash with the bh, Then i will try something else for BH and later on a 64fx on BH and 05fx in FH

This user has no status.
I know that alot of people use tenergy 64,64fx on their BH, You would need good spin for topspins and block, I like speed and spin in my backhand so i can do a fast smash with the bh, Then i will try something else for BH and later on a 64fx on BH and 05fx in FH

I had 64 on BH with Jun Mizutani blade before, i started with Butterfly blade and Tenergy rubbers as my first ever custom racket, now i feel it is difficult to look at anything else, but good i did buy more rackets, i like my DHS blade more than any of my BTY blades i have, but still Tenergy is the favorite rubber, i mean T05/05FX, and my experience with 64 before was not that good enough due to i started with it so quick while i wasn't ready for it, it should be in FH instead, it was so fast, perfect for flick and loop, but for block or sometimes return/receive spinney serves i lost a lot because of this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
So you think if I make a custom one, That i should maybe go 05fx on both sides? At least as a start.

This user has no status.
So you think if I make a custom one, That i should maybe go 05fx on both sides? At least as a start.

Yes, 05FX is perfect for BH, FH you can go with 64, but i prefer 05 or another 05FX, in the club or another place i didn't see many using 64 on FH or BH not even the coaches, but 05/05FX and 80 are almost there for almost everyone even one side.

If i have to order Tenergy rubbers as overall then this will be my order [not necessarily as fact or very true accurate, it is only my opinion]:

1. T05FX
2. T80FX
3. T05
4. T80
5. T64FX
6. T64

7. Forget about T25/T25FX even it is still a good rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Technique is much more important than equipment.

Asking someone who hits flat what rubber you should use on BH when you brush loop with BH is like asking someone who is in Australia for the time when you are in Germany and expecting they will give you the right time for your region.

But what Der_Echte said makes a lot of sense. He basically said the guy he was playing could have been using a cheap $30.00 Chinese setup (Der_Echte Special = Galaxy 896 blade, Tibhar Aurus on FH and Dawei 2008 XP on BH) and it would not have changed his performance.

If your technique is really good, Tenergy is great stuff even if it is expensive. If your technique isn't great and it is hard to handle Tenergy, then a rubber that is easier to control like Xiom Vega Pro would be better. If you do not already have good technique, and Tenergy is hard to handle, then it will make it harder to learn good technique.

If your technique is good, then you can use whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Also, a player who doesn't know that he doesn't have good technique, who wants to use the same stuff the pros use, without knowing why they use what they use, and without being at a level where the equipment helps the person improve, then that same equipment could slow a player's progress.

A pro I know picked up an amateur player's racket. Said to him: "you bought the most expensive equipment." The guy was not at a high level. His "loop" was inconsistent if you could call it a loop. Most of the time if he tried to loop the contact was too hard and direct and he didn't get good spin because he could drive but he couldn't get that more precise contact for an actual loop.

So the amateur said: "but it is really good, right!" And he was proud of how fast it was when he smacked the ball. It was an InnerForce ZLC, Tenergy 80 and Tenergy 64.

The pro responded: "even if it is good, you don't have the technique to use it for what would make this racket good."

Top end rubbers and blades for players who are learning to brush and loop better are not only a waste of time, they can be counterproductive to your development.

If you are primarily smashing or driving then the top level equipment can be used but you will not be getting the most out of it because it is made for something else.

It isn't until you really have control of how much you brush so you can brush thin or thick that the top level equipment helps you more.

The ability to dig into the ball and get deep contact and still be brushing, where the rubber makes that corking sound but the wood makes no sound, or getting the ball to touch the wood only a little while drive looping, or a very thin brush, where you are using mostly the topsheet and not even the sponge, then Tenergy or the other top end rubbers do more for you. However, ironically, when you can do that, you can also use anything even if you have your personal preferences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Der_Echte