New order from Dandoy, delivered in record time !

Ok thanks for the review. I will skip Power Bloom to try.

I have tried Big Dipper and AK-47, and I don't like them.

I have a Battle II blue sponge that I am going to try later this week. But that's it.
Not a review per se, just some reflections. This was according to sponge hardness (45 shore A) by far the hardest I have I my current stash.

I got a Battle II silver coming up eventually.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I noticed that Dandoy seems to have the newest equipment first. For example, the new Stiga DNA Hybrid rubbers. I haven't seen any other dealer carry them yet.
Agree. And I wonder if Dandoy will carry Xiom Vega Korea before anyone else does.

I can see Stiga DNA hybrid on sales for 63 USD. I don't know. These ESN manufacturers are testing the limits of the market such as Yasaka XX for 55 USD, Tibhar K3 for 55 USD, Nittaku Hammond Z2 for 55 USD, Joola Dynaryz series for 58-60 USD, Donic Bluestar for 64 USD, etc.

I don't know. I like to test different equipments but this is getting out of control. In fact, recently I have moved down to the Xiom Vega series for 36-40 USD per sheet because I have so many blades and I need to find even more affordable options than Rakza series, Fastarc series and Revolutions series which are at the 45 USD price range.

We will see how the price action goes coming up. After all, it is just a rubber. How much mark-up can a piece a rubber get? It is a piece of rubber after all.

I don't need THAT much catapult to play a plastic ping pong ball. And either you can spin a ball or you cannot. I am pretty happy with Hurricane on the forehand and various ESN rubbers, developed 7-10+ years ago, on the backhand. Not sure I need all the newest, most expensive ESN or Butterfly rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Not a review per se, just some reflections. This was according to sponge hardness (45 shore A) by far the hardest I have I my current stash.

I got a Battle II silver coming up eventually.

Cheers
L-zr
I have a Battle II Provincial with blue 39 degree sponge being prep'ed right now. I don't know if I will like it. I have applied two layers of boosters already, 24 hous apart. The sponge still feels hard as a rock to me. I don't know. I will have to see. This sponge might need four layers to soften up.

I am pretty sure Friendship and DHS has different scales but still.... I am used to Hurricane at 39 degree since I source it mostly from TT11 and 39 degree is pretty much the only one that TT11 carries. I am used to it so no desire to change that.

Had another couple of more sessions with Bloom power.

It is now significantly less tacky, even though I cleaned it with water only and very carefully. It currently barely lifts the ball. The grip is still excellent and it is still very spinny.
I like this degree of tackiness, I imagine it is less of a dust magnet and it is still very spinny. I miss some high end power but I got more security instead. If I can get used to the hard feeling I think I will stick with it for a while.

As far as the blade goes. It has a somewhat subdued feel, so if you like a crisp feet stay away, but that was expected looking at the design.

Cheers
L-zr

Some more updates:
- Blade
I Took to the season opening Yesterday I have Donic Accuda S2 on BH right now. Nothing special at all, but this combo is a blockers dream. BH attacks were less deadly but I got it all back in blocking compartment instead.
Because most drills are against BH block I figure this will be a perfect practice combo,,,
Also a great soft feeling due to the rather thick spruce layer on top.

- Bloom power:
I can cope with this rubber now, but its not a game winner for me, Yes more spin and most shot are landing but the lack of power still bothers me. But I will continue. To win more games I have to up my FH shots by hitting harder, which not entirely bad...

Cheers
L-zr

Update: I have now ordered some Haifu seamoon booster...

Last edited:
Bloom power updates:

I had session no 7 today (a total of -14 hrs) and now it is about as tacky as Tibhar hybrid MK. It is still pretty grippy but it has lost the tacky edge. I cleaned it with water only after each session and sometimes mid session. This is exactly what I suspected, tackiness is very short lived…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng and mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Bloom power updates:

I had session no 7 today (a total of -14 hrs) and now it is about as tacky as Tibhar hybrid MK. It is still pretty grippy but it has lost the tacky edge. I cleaned it with water only after each session and sometimes mid session. This is exactly what I suspected, tackiness is very short lived…

Cheers
L-zr
I think you should try some cleaner. TT Rev Bio Cleaner is good. I have a year old Bloom Power 47deg that still holds the ball easy for 10 seconds, :)

Reactions: JJ Ng
I think you should try some cleaner. TT Rev Bio Cleaner is good. I have a year old Bloom Power 47deg that still holds the ball easy for 10 seconds, :)
Wow, mine didn’t do this brand new out of the package… 2 sec tops…

It’s worth a shot, I’ll include this in my next order.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Wow, mine didn’t do this brand new out of the package… 2 sec tops…

It’s worth a shot, I’ll include this in my next order.

Cheers
L-zr
Yes I think so. I always used water up until two years ago, and tried this cleaner. It's not a miracle cleaner in any way but I feel that it gives me a rubber with a bit better grip. I clean my rubbers about every 30 minutes when playing, because I really need the tackiness :)

Reactions: JJ Ng and Lazer
Yes I think so. I always used water up until two years ago, and tried this cleaner. It's not a miracle cleaner in any way but I feel that it gives me a rubber with a bit better grip. I clean my rubbers about every 30 minutes when playing, because I really need the tackiness :)
For me cleaning mid sessions doesn’t help. The tackiness comes back first after being between covers for some time. It actually gets worse because I find the rubber needs to be super dry for the tackiness comes back. And when it comes back it’s always in a lesser degree.

So I stopped cleaning mid sessions.
There is still a little bit of tackiness left.

But I will change it soon.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: mocker88
Bloom Power holds up pretty good. It lost a lot of tackiness in the beginning but now it’s minimal. It’s actually quite a bit faster. Probably due to the lost tackiness but it actually feels softer too. I have actually gained more speed than lost spin. I can hit kill shots with it now. I will not change it as soon as I thought…

Cheers
L-zr

I have it. Tried on different rubbers but didn't feel difference
My experience too, cleaners really help on ESN non stickies, dries much faster than plain water. Stickies seems to be much more sensitive to water/humidity. That I didn’t expect…

Cheers
L-zr

Update on Bloom power rubber.

It was boosted with Dandoy bio boost, 3 layers.

The 16tt of October I have played it for two months ~5 times a week.
8 weeks * 5 * 1.5 hours = 60hrs of playing time.

I can tell that by then this rubber is gone. Now it has lost almost all of the grip. Speed wise its OK but without the grip its a lame duck. This is actually a better result than expected.

It started off being very very slow with tons of grip. The honey moon where You could lift a ball was gone in a couple of sessions. Then the grip disappeared slowly and it gained speed. After about one month of playing it reached its peak. By then it had gained enough speed and still had enough grip to be dangerous. After this a slow decline in grip took over but not much speed gain...

For me an ESN rubber usually lasts 3 times as long or about 6 months,. (and that is squeezing out all of its life :))
And during its life the characteristics isn't changed this much.

Bottom line:
For me Bloom power lasts 2 months 60 playing hours.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Update on Bloom power rubber.

It was boosted with Dandoy bio boost, 3 layers.

The 16tt of October I have played it for two months ~5 times a week.
8 weeks * 5 * 1.5 hours = 60hrs of playing time.

I can tell that by then this rubber is gone. Now it has lost almost all of the grip. Speed wise its OK but without the grip its a lame duck. This is actually a better result than expected.

It started off being very very slow with tons of grip. The honey moon where You could lift a ball was gone in a couple of sessions. Then the grip disappeared slowly and it gained speed. After about one month of playing it reached its peak. By then it had gained enough speed and still had enough grip to be dangerous. After this a slow decline in grip took over but not much speed gain...

For me an ESN rubber usually lasts 3 times as long or about 6 months,. (and that is squeezing out all of its life :))
And during its life the characteristics isn't changed this much.

Bottom line:
For me Bloom power lasts 2 months 60 playing hours.

Cheers
L-zr
Thank you for your review. I will stick with hurricane then. Your advice has saved me from EJ'ing Bloom Power.

Reactions: Lazer
Thank you for your review. I will stick with hurricane then. Your advice has saved me from EJ'ing Bloom Power.
I got a couple of these new “unsticky” prov H3’s. I have one of them on my Nittaku basalt blade and it’s not very impressive at all… So I will keep looking.

My best option right now is Tibhar hybrid MK, but it’s expensive…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Привет, скоро я собираюсь протестировать твердые китайские накладки, и, поскольку все мои лезвия заняты, я решил заказать новые:

Я заказал это из-за его мягкого поверхностного слоя (ель). Твердая резина и мягкое лезвие должны прекрасно сочетаться друг с другом:

Теперь послушайте, я заказал его вчера рано утром, и заказ только что был помечен для самовывоза.
Доставлено за 28 часов из Бельгии в Швецию, теперь это, должно быть, какой-то рекорд.:упс::D:прохладный:

Ваше здоровье
Л-зр
Your mistake is that Chinese rubber, due to its lower speed than tensors, plays better on faster blades, preferably with carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
some of them may be too hard or dead for carbon blades though (without boosting).
Without a booster or quick glue, for my taste, most Chinese-style rubbers do not play at all. Since Chinese rubbers are mostly without pretension, the booster just adds the necessary pretension. At the same time, the speed is still lower than that of tensor rubber and Tenergy/Dignics.
Therefore, to reach the required speed, a faster blade is needed.