new rubbers for complete amateur

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
he asked specifically about super soft not super FX, super soft is a much slower rubber rated on many websites as defensive, its easy to make the mistake tho....
2.0 super soft is slower or the same as 1.5 sriver EL but still a good rubber i prefer FAST blades with it.

Maybe due to the bad bad quality control, but I've felt that the supersoft has the same speed as super fx or maybe faster (or my teammate boosted/glued it). But you're right, I've passed the -soft word.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I would get this Poland http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-RITC72...hash=item3cdf5d7ed2:m:mABwhHDoCOFpFLy2IyDlcpg
cheap, soft, 2 identical versions on both sides (which is something I would also recommend as you don't confuse yourself while learning) and also it's european rubber, presuming you are playing the chicken stroke. I would also pick it up in 2.1mm so you get max spin out of your play and you will learn the feel when you get more familiar with it.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RITC729-A...hash=item43c963dcca:m:m39nRFgjLXpuTm5ZsR7IVSw
Aurora is another great alternative but it's more expensive and I would recommend it the most if it wasn't for the higher throw Battle 1. http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/729-battle-i.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Thanks guys for feedback.

I planned buy rubbers from Europe shop but shipping is pricey and its bad idea

So I decided to buy rubbers from Poland ( where I live ) shop because shipping is very cheap .

I realized that I have wider range of rubbers that I can buy in Poland for acceptable price.

Please guys once again help me which rubbers should I choose ( I know I'm oppressive but ..)

Also which sponge thickness and tackiness I should choose ?

Also I write down what strokes I'm usually use

On backhand - I receive with it 80% of serves because I like more with backhand , I loop balls with backspin and no spin , I cant counter looop topspin so I can only block

On forehand - I'm looping everything , counterloop topspin , sometimes receive serves and smashing

This is the rubber list I can spend money on - please help me

- Friendship /729 super FX

- Friendship/ 729 super FX blue sponge

- Friendship / 729 FX lightening

- LKT pro XT

- LKT pro XP

- Friendship / 729 FX EL super soft

- Joola 4-all

- Friendship /729 RITC 2000 Tack Speed

- Friendship /729 GeoSpin Tacky

- LKT Rapid Speed

- DHS G666

- LKT RApid Sound

- LKT Rapid Soft

- DHS G888

- Friendship /729 Higher

- Friendship /729 Faster

- LKT Red Diamond

- CTT National Strike

- Tibhar volcano

- CTT National Hero

- Globe 999

- Globe 999T

- DHS G777

- DHS TNT

- Gewo thunderball 2 ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- friendship /729 origin ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- friendship/729-08 ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- DHS skyline II ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- DHS Hurrican II ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- DHS Hurricane III ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

- DHS Skyline III ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list)

Thanks guys for all.

Reactions: sanavasaraja

NDH

says Spin to win!
At the risk of sounding unhelpful, I think you've had enough advice to go on.

No one knows how you play, other than you and the people you play with - perhaps ask them what they think?

Also, you said you were a complete novice, but now you've said you loop on both backhand and forehand?

i think you are over complicating it - you'll get used to whatever you choose, they are all very similar.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I'd recommend to buy Joola 4 All, both for backhand and forehand, both 1,8mm thickness. They allow any style of play and any shots and strokes you could perform. We have already equipped dozens of beginners in our club with this rubber without any problems. You can easily play them within the first few years until your technique is decent.

What blade do you use? That is as much important as the rubbers choice.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
At the risk of sounding unhelpful, I think you've had enough advice to go on.

No one knows how you play, other than you and the people you play with - perhaps ask them what they think?

Also, you said you were a complete novice, but now you've said you loop on both backhand and forehand?

i think you are over complicating it - you'll get used to whatever you choose, they are all very similar.

I think this is great info.

If you wanted more info, make a cue card for each rubber and put them on a dart board. Find someone who is really bad at darts. Blindfold them and have them throw until a dart hits one of the rubbers. Then use that for both sides.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: NDH
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I think I'm beginner because when I train I can loop backspin or no spin ball 5-6 times in a row , sometimes more but in a match my efficiency is even lower so that's why I said that I'm beginner

Ok but last couple questions:

1. Is it really tiny difference between 729 super fx blue sponge and DHS Hurricane III ?? DHS rubber is two times more expensive ...

2. more tacky rubber is = more spin and speed I can create ??? Am I right ??

3. rubber which have 2.2 mm sponge will create more spin and speed than 1.5 mm sponge ?? Am I right ??

I dont know which blade. My coach said that he will give me one .

Thank you guys for answers !!!

NDH

says Spin to win!
I think I'm beginner because when I train I can loop backspin or no spin ball 5-6 times in a row , sometimes more but in a match my efficiency is even lower so that's why I said that I'm beginner

Ok but last couple questions:

1. Is it really tiny difference between 729 super fx blue sponge and DHS Hurricane III ?? DHS rubber is two times more expensive ...

2. more tacky rubber is = more spin and speed I can create ??? Am I right ??

3. rubber which have 2.2 mm sponge will create more spin and speed than 1.5 mm sponge ?? Am I right ??

I dont know which blade. My coach said that he will give me one .

Thank you guys for answers !!!

You are seriously worrying too much about this.

As Carl said, just pick any of them for now - you can always change later.

I would get between 1.8 and 2.1mm - perhaps see if you can try different thicknesses before you buy?

Tacky rubbers give you more spin, and typically less speed - but so many factors come into this - which, as a beginner, you really shouldn't worry about.

The way I see it, you either go for tacky rubbers (Chinese style), or European/Japanese rubbers which (in my opinion), would be better for a beginner.

However..... If you have a coach, for the love of god ask them what they suggest :)

No one is going to be able to tell you which is best for you. Try them and see.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This is the rubber list I can spend money on - please help me

- Friendship /729 super FX - Hard tacky rubber, very slow, diffiuclt to use for modern allround off game

- Friendship/ 729 super FX blue sponge - Hard tacky rubber, very slow, diffiuclt to use for modern allround off game

- Friendship / 729 FX lightening I hear this is an allround off rubber slow, SUITABLE to develop a game

- LKT pro XT - Allround OFF rubber, not super fast GOOD CANDIDATE

- LKT pro XP - Allround OFF rubber, not super fast GOOD CANDIDATE

- Friendship / 729 FX EL super soft - wouldn't want something so tacky

- Joola 4-all - never used it cannot say anything

- Friendship /729 RITC 2000 Tack Speed - never used it cannot say anything

- Friendship /729 GeoSpin Tacky - Might be the only tacky rubber I would say is SUITABLE to learn and grow. Tacky, but you got some feel and good spin.

- LKT Rapid Speed - Not as fast as the name a SUITABLE allround OFF rubber Good Choice OK for FH.

- DHS G666 - Never used it

- LKT RApid Sound - extreme soft version, maybe OK for BH, allround OFF rubber not very fast

- LKT Rapid Soft - soft controllable version of an allround OFF rubber, Good Choice for BH

- DHS G888 - never used it

- Friendship /729 Higher - Decent FH rubber for a fast attacker, has some speed

- Friendship /729 Faster - Decent FH rubber for a fast attacker, has some speed

- LKT Red Diamond - This rubber felt hard as a brick, sounded like one too, same feel as a brick. Black Power even more so.

- CTT National Strike - Never used it

- Tibhar volcano - Never used it

- CTT National Hero - Never used it

- Globe 999 - EXCELLENT topsheet, but it will likely come with a crappy sponge. If you can get the topsheet separately, glue it onto a sponge you like. This is an EXCELLENT combo for a modern controlled OFF game, topsheet only half tacky, but again, the sponge this comes with is crap. JUIC from Japan uses this topsheet with a few of their sponges, it is a much better rubber than 999 with OEM sponge. In Europe, you can find this for 20 Euros range.

- Globe 999T - same topsheet as 999. Same comments. A GREAT combo if you custom glue it to a sponge you like. Usually comes with a crappy sponge in OEM.

- DHS G777 - Never used it

- DHS TNT - Never used it

- Gewo thunderball 2 ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) - Never used it

- friendship /729 origin ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) recommend against

- friendship/729-08 ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) recommend against

- DHS skyline II ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) Use this only if you have a very forward solid impact

- DHS Hurrican II ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) Use this only if you have a very forward solid impact

- DHS Hurricane III ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) Use this only if you have a very forward solid impact

- DHS Skyline III ( but only with less pricey other rubber from top of the list) Use this only if you have a very forward solid impact

Reactions: BeGo and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That about sums it up. Perfectly stated by NDH. Also agree with him about learning with Euro/Japanese, grippy non-tacky.

The reason is, with grippy non-tacky rubbers, particularly semi-soft rubbers, it is easier to learn how to get the ball to sink in part way so the topsheet can grab more for higher technique spin later.

With hard tacky rubbers, you have to learn how to brush thin or you are wasting your time using them. They actually are better for higher level technique.

There are some people who say it is hard to switch from hard/tacky to medium soft/grippy non-tacky and vice versa. But I can go back and forth. I think when your technique is solid you can change between them and it only takes a few hours of getting used to the change. And any time you change your setup, it takes a few hours to get used to the new one anyway. So....

Go for euro/jap medium soft grippy non-tacky.

Dawei 2008XP is a very inexpensive Chinese version of what I just described.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Another simplified version of the above suggestions, get any two out of these three:
- LKT/KTL Pro XP
- LKT/KTL Pro XT
- Dawei 2008 XP
If three is still too many and making it hard to choose for you, then go with the first two only.

They work great until you develop better and know more exact about which direction you want to go with your fh and bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Thank you guys for all.

Der echte you're the king

I will choose between globe 999 , lkt pro xp or rapid speed , 729 faster.

But first I must talk with my coach. I want more spinny and speedy rubber on my forehand and sth not overreacting and good for looping on my backhand .
He will know what rubber will suit me well .

Thank you guys once again.
Peace

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Develop your offensive 4H defensive BH first.

4H rubber - LKT Torrent Gold
BH - pick your style

Cheap prices on quality products at EA Cheng and TTNPP.

Good webpage for all developing amateur players with tips on technique, equipment, video links, etc.

North Little Rock Table Tennis Group at Senior Center on Facebook