New rubbers for young athlete

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
:) I'm trying to support her passion and give her a real chance, you know we didn't start when she was 4/5, I'm not a former player or coach, my wife neither... I'm doing what I can. Anyway looking for a club for her, not a lot of options close to us though
I like the idea of Xiom Vega Europe, but Rakza 7 won because she is using it already and is used to it
Cybershape Clipper would be cheaper option and still Cybershape (what my daughter is excited about) but we already ordered Cybershape Wood yesterday and hope it will be ok for her!
Cybershape wood is already fast and 5-ply, a heavy 7-ply clipper is not what you are looking for.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
:) I'm trying to support her passion and give her a real chance, you know we didn't start when she was 4/5, I'm not a former player or coach, my wife neither... I'm doing what I can. Anyway looking for a club for her, not a lot of options close to us though
I like the idea of Xiom Vega Europe, but Rakza 7 won because she is using it already and is used to it
Cybershape Clipper would be cheaper option and still Cybershape (what my daughter is excited about) but we already ordered Cybershape Wood yesterday and hope it will be ok for her!
I understand: what a lucky girl she is to have such passionate parents. Wish you guys the best if luck with your new setup.

This user has no status.
Hi guys,
Update for you. Today my daughter glue her new racket all by herself. It was not easy for her (especially the cutting part) but she made it! It looks great, very neat.
We took it for a little spin on our table and so far she is liking it. No adjusting period whatsoever.
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
Rubbers: Yasaka Rakza 7 (2,0 mm)
Glue: Buttefly Free Chack ;)

For anyone curious about the weight, it's pratically the same. Old setup 180g vs new setup 184g - I think it's imperceptible for her.

I can update after some trainings how it's holding up.

This user has no status.

I think there are a few limitations to consider. While Cybershape's promise for the bigger sweet spot can be something, it will be considerably head heavy, if used with rubbers above average weight , as the balance is already somewhat further away from the handle. Once there will be intense rallies during games, one have to use hard and usually heavy rubbers to remain playing stable and controlled - this could make Cybershape style rackets feel excessively head heavy, which works for some people, but probably not for the majority of players (ok, I know, here comes CWT into consideration). But it might not be a good idea to let her use Cybershape anyways, as it will limit the options of selecting the blade suitable for her play - there is a great variety of wood ply (and composite material) combinations otherwise.

Did you consider using chinese table tennis materials? There are a few valuable options to see (I learned a lot from using more affordable options with different compositions just to see, how they work - using few, but more expensive blades could be counter productive).
I'd get a few Yinhe Uranus U2 or U2 Spin blades to experiment with, they would be excellent to use for testing out different rubbers. For example, it would be a revelation for your daughter if you have e.g. 3 pieces of Yinhe U2 Spin, and you would mount a pair of ESN rubbers on the first blade (e.g. FH: Rakza X or Z, BH: Rakza 7 - or Victas Ventus Stiff for either backhand or both sides), Yinhe Big Dipper (FH: 39 degrees, BH: 38 degrees) or another selection of hybrid style rubbers on the second blade, and a more diverse pair of rubbers with a more chinese-like rubber on the forehand of the third blade (e.g. DHS Hurricane 3 Neo or 729/Friendship - the backhand rubber should remain either Yinhe Big Dipper or maybe 729/Friendship Pro Dragon L Soft or DHS Tin Arc 3 for safety.
If 7 ply all-wood will be too slow later, Sanwei 75 Inner (from AliExpress) or DHS Power G3T /PG3T/ could be a good upgrade then.

This user has no status.
Hi guys,
Update for you. Today my daughter glue her new racket all by herself. It was not easy for her (especially the cutting part) but she made it! It looks great, very neat.
We took it for a little spin on our table and so far she is liking it. No adjusting period whatsoever.
Blade: Stiga Cybershape Wood
Rubbers: Yasaka Rakza 7 (2,0 mm)
Glue: Buttefly Free Chack ;)

For anyone curious about the weight, it's pratically the same. Old setup 180g vs new setup 184g - I think it's imperceptible for her.

I can update after some trainings how it's holding up.
I just noticed, that she has a new racket now. We will see then, but I hope my suggestions can be helpful later on :)