New Table Tennis Documentary

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey everyone,

This is a heads up and a big break through for some Table Tennis media exposure.

I've not been here for quite a while being busy with work, but through all of the trips and tournaments and meeting players and other film makers, it's been a wild ride.

In February of this year I met two ladies that were creating a documentary about Table Tennis. Now this is no ordinary documentary they're actually trying to create an underground behind the scenes film that actually opens the eyes of what most people around the country know very little about.

Table Tennis could really benefit from this type of exposure and I really want to help them out here. I'll be doing my very best to send them more people to look at their site and if you can help as well it's greatly appreciated.

Here's what I'm suggesting. If you can ask 1 friend every day from now until 7/19/12 to check out their kickstarter page:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341817656/top-spin-a-ping-pong-documentary-post-production

and then ask for them to ask one of their friends I think it would totally be possible to raise $50,000 in 9 days. I've seen other kickstarters go from 100K to 200K in a day so I see no reason why this couldn't be done over 9 days.

Please lend a hand and just ask a friend to check it out and donate if they like what they see, but the catch is that they need to join in as well. Just getting 50,000 people to pledge $1.00 USD would get them to their current goal. I think that if we can do this Table Tennis is ready to grow just about anywhere.

Thanks all,

Rich.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Seriously guys please help out. They're $45,000 away and anything that is pledged tonight 7/12 will be matched by another donor. To those of you who haven't heard please help out by sharing, to those who are sharing thanks a bunch it'll be great to see this film. They've logged 100's of HOURS of footage and this is a huge project for them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Seriously guys please help out. They're $45,000 away and anything that is pledged tonight 7/12 will be matched by another donor. To those of you who haven't heard please help out by sharing, to those who are sharing thanks a bunch it'll be great to see this film. They've logged 100's of HOURS of footage and this is a huge project for them.

What happens if the goal is not met?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
No if the money is not raised then the project does not get any money and no backer is charged, I'm fairly sure kickstarter takes a percentage of the project if the project succeeds. If on July 19 the money is raised then all backers are charged and kickstarter will take their fee I assume.

They just raised another 15000 in the past 4 days. They are not less than $30,000 away from meeting their goal and there are 4 days left. Please guys, this could be huge and people in the U.S. and well everywhere could have the option of seeing this. There will be special screenings as well as dvd copies made.

I'd like to ask everyone to please copy this link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...pong-documentary-post-production/posts/263209

and post it on their facebook, twitter, google +, myspace, and any other social media site to get this thing rolling. A lot can happen in 4 days and it doesn't even require a donation on your part. Just sharing the crap out of this link will do wonders. You can ask friends and family to watch the videos and if they like what they see to donate whatever amount they'd like starting at $1.00 and of course checking out the rewards available. The money is completely going into this film for hiring editors and post production staff as well as gaining the rights to share footage of the Olympic games which will cost quite a lot trust me.

To give you a picture of what a film spends in the post production period of its making most hollywood film budgets need to save about 20% of the budget for the post production staff. Now you might think that's not a lot, but the post production staff may be about 10-20 people max for a non CG heavy film where as the pre-production and production periods involve several hundred in staffing. So you can see that a lot of money is needed for the post production people.

So please help out this film and let it come to light, it's something that table tennis surely needs.