Oh no! Zhang Jike in trouble?

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
I will wait for a court decision before making any kind of conclusion. Cancel culture has been too fast too furious lately.

Otherwise what kind of loan-shark accepts videos instead of money?

"I am here for ma money"

"I aint got no money, but I have some bitching good videos of my ex"

"Yo, that the good shit"

Seems like extra steps to get videos to extort someone to get your money back.

But on the other hand the chinese and gambling issues.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
I will wait for a court decision before making any kind of conclusion. Cancel culture has been too fast too furious lately.

Otherwise what kind of loan-shark accepts videos instead of money?

"I am here for ma money"

"I aint got no money, but I have some bitching good videos of my ex"

"Yo, that the good shit"

Seems like extra steps to get videos to extort someone to get your money back.

But on the other hand the chinese and gambling issues.....
The part you referenced is actually true , and the guy was sentenced a couple of years already

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Guess ZJK had a lot of time to kill when he stopped training ten hours a day. Should have taken the FZD route and played video games, it's way cheaper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Yes, I read it in the article that there was actually extortion with videos, now what needs to be proven is that Jike was the one who provided those videos.
Didn't the news article say judicial records show that Jike has admitted that he did show those videos clips to others already?

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
He isn't the first Chinese player to struggle with that, isn't he? Wasn't Kong linghui also struggling with that?

Is there a lot of gambling in China?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
A lot of people have not been around terrible gamblers with poor judgement and worse self-discipline...

You would be very surprised at how much and how quick someone can go in debt gambling vs pro outfits.

Dammit, now I gotta make a JZK Trouble Makers jersey with black and white stripe theme.

54b1f81ef312092a2bfcedaf8a97c5a9.jpg

This user has no status.
Guess ZJK had a lot of time to kill when he stopped training ten hours a day. Should have taken the FZD route and played video games, it's way cheaper.
It appears that he has been gambling since he was a teen - and that was actually the reason why he was punished and sent back to the provincial team in the first place... And he's been caught a few times while he was an active player too - he never really stopped.

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
Why did he retire completely? I remember in one of his last matches he almost beat Harimoto and was still playing at a high level, then he disappeared
he had way too many injuries at that point, even in the match against Harimoto he was grimacing and playing very stiff.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
how could he be in debt though? didn't he make millions of dollars from all his endorsements and such?
The amount that is claim he racked up in gambling debt was quoted as around $750,000 USD. He might not have that amount in liquidity. You can be worth millions and still not have $750k just sitting around to pay your bookie.

A $750k marker from your bookie is pretty big, and it would make sense for the book to have some sort of collateral. Here, it was explicit videos of a popular actress (allegedly).

Reactions: Choosikick