Ovtcharov ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
As someone suffering from EJ i am looking to try another blade and it's the Ovtcharov ALC. The sick design doesn't help in avoiding that too. Anyway.. I've read it behaves very much like most outer alc blade (such as boll alc and viscaria ). Few questions however...
How head heavy is it ? More or less than cybershape carbon ?
What technique/shots do the bigger head help with or it doesn't? I am thinking over the table flicks and shots will be at a bit of a disadvantage, while kill shots (thanks to bigger dwell time) will have less margin for error?
I will be pairing it with 2x 09c, so i am afraid it will be pretty head heavy.

Any reviews are welcomed, to be honest i am suprised it isn't a more popular blade.

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I have played Ovtcharov alc with two d09c and also sieger pk50, and g09c forehand + glayzer backhand - with two d09c it is pretty head heavy but I don’t mind it, and overall feeling is on harder side more. I never tried cybershape so can’t compare both.

Overall feeling - it’s a good blade, I’m using it time to time, but it depend on your technique level - it is fast and but little bit slower than viscaria kinda blades. It has more spin potential than those blades are but not much.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
How is g09c FH and Glayzer BH?
I thought of stepping down from Dignics, currently I'm using D05 on both sides on FZD ALC. Sometimes on loose balls I'm making more errors and service receive is not consistent in D05 for me at my current level. But I like the feel of D05 in most cases in loops and particularly for my BH, that's why I want to try Glayzer.

Reactions: kindof99
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
How is g09c FH and Glayzer BH?
I thought of stepping down from Dignics, currently I'm using D05 on both sides on FZD ALC. Sometimes on loose balls I'm making more errors and service receive is not consistent in D05 for me at my current level. But I like the feel of D05 in most cases in loops and particularly for my BH, that's why I want to try Glayzer.
It is really good. Actually I keep it like that for now. I came from some break from tt. This blade is thick and quick and has power on its own, plus I have power too. So for me, extra hardness and speed of dignics for now is not needed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
It is really good. Actually I keep it like that for now. I came from some break from tt. This blade is thick and quick and has power on its own, plus I have power too. So for me, extra hardness and speed of dignics for now is not needed.
Is the Ovtcharov ALC head heavy with the Glayzer setup?

says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Is the Ovtcharov ALC head heavy with the Glayzer setup?
It is much more lighter and overall weight balance is more balanced than with two d09c. But again some one is like when blade is head heavy, i dont really mind it too.