pain after play

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have a question about your experience in muscles pain. Sometimes happens that I have a 2 weeks brake without table tennis. After that when I play 2 hours next day all my body is in pain. This pain can last even one week. These are mostly around the shoulder, back and chest. I think these are all the muscles in the area of ​​the right shoulder. All the week I cannot play because it causes pain.
So I have a question how do you deal with the pain. Maybe you can recommend some exercises I can do in the meantime?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think you need to have a warm up, cool down routine.
Do have some pain for being unfit, shouldn't last 1 week, maybe 1 or 2 days at most.
Of course there are many other reason for this to happen, but I think warm up, cool down is the best thing to do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Thanks guys. I know warming up is necessary and I always do that, maybe not enough (I am 36 years old). But I was thinking what can I do when such think happen. The problem is that next two days I am going to have a match and I intend to do some training at home with my robot, but my muscles still are in great pain and it is hard to practice anything. So I was thinking how to deal with that when already in pain.

This user has no status.
Muscle pain after playing means there are little cracks in your muscles. When the cracks heal your muscles will get bigger. So basicly your muscles are growing I guess, nothing to worry about. As long as the pain doesnt comes WHEN you are playing there is nothing wrong.

But that it lasts a week is a little bit strange so maybe you should go to a doctor.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I do some exercises before playing like 5-10 minutes but that is not enough I think. I will try to warm up little bit more before next play.

Then I think you problem is:
1) not enough warm up (5-10mins)
2) didn't cool down

If you can warmup for say min 10-15 mins and cool down for 10-15 mins (stretching and stuff)
You should have less pain carried over the next day.

In fact, warmup is to prevent injury during play, cool down is to prevent pain carrying over.
Many people don't warm up, and many people don't even cool down.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
OK what do you mean by cool down. Can you explain further? Thanks

Sure,

Cool down or warm down is the same thing as warm up.
Generally a warm up involves a jog and stretch.

So I think most important for you is to warm up correctly, and do the same thing after your sessions (cool down).
Some ideas:

http://squash.org.au/nsw/development/cooldown.htm

http://www.fir-view.co.uk/warm_up_cool_down_stretch_exercises.html
http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/health_fitness/mr_fit/2013/09/always_cool_down_after_activity

Hope this helps, and you can get rid of the pains you are having

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Sali,

No problem.
your video is perfect too.
So hopefully cool down will help prevent next day pain.
If there is still pain, then maybe stretch a bit before you sleep, and again when you wake up.

Let us know if it helps. It is all our best interest that you are not in pain ;)