Pl. HELP ! Guidance for beginner

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Bit fast for a kid. And the advice on sticking to all-wood is not only about speed, but also ball feel/feedback which, for a beginner, tends to be much better with 5-ply wood blades.

Eacheng is reliable. LKT Instinct with 729 supersoft has enough speed for beginners.
Also, colestt.com has a very good beginner setup (Dawei DW2 with 2008xp) for 26 usd, I think international shipping is 15 usd.

Last edited:
Reactions: singinadam
This user has no status.
How reliable is the website eacheng.com? Any feedback on tabletennis11.com regarding reliability?

Eacheng is very reliable. If you want to be on the safe side you can purchase through ebay from them. That way you will have ebay and paypal protection.
http://stores.ebay.com/Ping-Pong-World?_rdc=1
http://stores.ebay.com/CHINA-TnhaSHOP?_rdc=1
These two stores are Eacheng as well with name of the sellers Chinafriend and Thna. Check both because even though they are the same sometimes they slightly chnage the prices of the same products. Or in one you will have the free shipping included in the price and in the other the shipping will be added in your cart. Just add the items to your cart and you will see.

I realized that the option of slapping 729 FX on the present Stiga premade Orion is not OK as the blade is very slow.
Now for beginners I also think that the premade blade with new rubbers is a good option that can save you some bucks while your kid develops a good technique then you can use that money to buy a faster blade(but not the fastest...)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
I am not able to get the weight of the Stiga premade. Searched everywhere.

Blade: Noted the point on fast blade. Will go for the LKT Instinct. LKT Instinct was recommended in this thread and almost everywhere as one of the better blades for beginners/intermediate players - in the lower budget bracket. Only problem I read about was the occasional splintering.

Rubber:

1. Following the above advice, I have ordered two 729 SuperFX rubbers for the current premade. [this is one bat].

Yes, I am tempted & going for a 2nd one for the 2nd kid: [this is the 2nd bat].
2. To pair the LKT Instinct: am thinking of getting one side the Palio CJ8000 Biotech 38-41 on one side and the Dawei 2008XP on the other.

OK?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Either blade you have listed is fine for an allround offensive attacking game relying on abilty to spin the ball and control pace/placement. Neither blade is a rocket. The instinct is slower and less expensive, both suitable blades for your proposed style. I have played with both blades before and still have the Instinct active. (Traded the W-6 away to a friend)

The first three rubbers you listed are tacky rubbers. Just be aware they are a lot more reactive to spin on slow bat speeds than grippy rubbers. Try one out, like cream on Japanese sponge (soft if available) (China sponge is likely very hard) they don't cost a lot. Try the Snipe on the other side. You won't be out of a lot of money and have a setup that will help you learn. If the tack is too much for you, you can always slap on a rubber you like, or wear the tack off by wiping it with sweat and NOT using a protector.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
XP 2008 is one of the all-time allround non-tacky rubbers ever made and it costs 1/10 the price of Tenergy. I use it on almost every bat I use for BH wing. it is reliable and does all shots well, but not any overwhelmingly outstanding. It is simply a controlable allround rubber that is dirt cheap and durable. Does the same job Sriver does at 1/5 the cost.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2012
The process is completed yesterday! Eacheng order arrived (Eacheng shipped the order from Singapore - 5 days; our Customs+transit time was another 20 days!). Shipping cost was ~$14. Looks like all the websites have fixed ~$15 as shipping cost!

Final status: 2 bats/paddles:
1. LKT Instinct with FH : Palio CJ 8000 , BH : Dawei 2008 XP : all the 3 ordered from Eacheng. They assembled & put a nice tape around; Red, of course!
2. The premade (not the Stiga, I had another el cheapo one) : stripped off the rubbers, sealed using two layers of wood PU laquer + 729 SuperSoft FX on both sides: ordered within India.

The premade blade is flying with the new rubbers. Wife had bought the premade for the 2nd kid for $1.50! Really finding difficult to believe the difference sealing+new rubbers have made.

The LKT is a shade faster than the modded premade.

The biggest change the two bats have brought in is the amount of control. Now the ball is (almost) going where it is intended! Humble admission: The (almost) is the limitation of the player, not of the bat!!

A BIG Thank you to all of you once again, for your patience & more importantly your time! Really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: tenbor77