playing after taking a break

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
hey guys. jsut a quick thing wana ask, you should all chip in.

how do you guys feel you you were to take a break from TT between 3-5 weeks, how do u then feel when u start playing again.

i recently had a 4 week break, then going straight in to a mini competition in total 10 games.

the next day my right side was in bits and same with my thighs. im only 23 i shouldnt be going that soft after 4 weeks :O.

i usually only feel like that after a serious training session.

so spot away your Opinions and your experiences

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
10 games or 10 mathches in one day? If you are an offensive player who moves a LOT and hits HARD a LOT, you could play daily and do a tourney with 10 matches and be sore the next day. That is understandable.

Every 6 months, the military sends me to a different place in Korea and I can't really leave the camp for TT in this 3-4 weeks. I tend to get more sleep than my normal 3-4 hours and when I get back to my city and get to the club for a 6 hour session, I am recharged and energized 5x more than the energizer bunny himself!

I am twice Ur age Decoy but I still remember what is is to be that age. I was still in military at your current age and did physical exercise every day. Whenever we had our 2X per year Physical fitness test of (2 Min of Push-Ups and Situps, and a 3.1 km run), I would be sore for a couple days afterwards.

Playing some matches in the club and in a tourney are two different animals. I would say it is OK for a young 20s to be sore after a tourneys, no matter what good condition he/she is in. You max out in a tourney all day long without the best in food or hydration, unless you prepared well in this matter.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
10 matches... and no i wasnt really prepared, i was hung over from last night + lack of sleep + the fact that i havent been very active for the last month or so before the games ( holidays)

i used to be in the army( reserves, Ireland) had to leave due to shoulder injury( luckily not my playing shoulder) still managed to get good scores at the Anual Range Practice with a botched up rifle, would have been a corporal right now if i didnt leave two months ago.

a 3k run and 2 mins of pushups/situps i could manage if it was something i did on a some what regular basis, just like the competition i just had there, but if havent done any/TT practice i would be sore my muscle seems to forget what effort is fairly quickly.