Playing in the usa

This user has no status.
Dear members, during the month may I will go on a roadtrip through the usa. I will go to the west side of america and visit all the familiar places (san Francisco, la, san diego, flagstaf las vegas etc). Since I will be on the road for 25 days I am interested whether there are possibilities to play some pong pong or whether I should leave my paddle at home. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Send from my Samsung Galaxy s4 by using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Clearly you are not a serious table tennis player.
Who doesn't bring they bat with? :)

Haha saying it this way, you are correct. 2 years ago I went to china. I did not bring my paddle and had to play with penholder stuff. I learned from that experience and I think I just toss in my backup bat in my bag. but i am still curious regarding the opportunities to play in the usa. Any comments regarding that?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Haha saying it this way, you are correct. 2 years ago I went to china. I did not bring my paddle and had to play with penholder stuff. I learned from that experience and I think I just toss in my backup bat in my bag. but i am still curious regarding the opportunities to play in the usa. Any comments regarding that?

There are plenty of full time table tennis centres.
I'm not clued up on the geographic of USA, but in LA, SF etc, there are a lot of places to play - 7 days a week.
I also think there is not much forum members here from the US. Maybe you should ask on mytabletennis.net - a North American forum.

Or check this list out:
http://www.tabletenniscoaching.com/full-time_table-tennis_clubs_usa
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msi...,-122.060852&spn=0.919484,1.381531&dg=feature

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Rhonis, I'm serious, in Arizona, the big city Pheonix... with a whopping 1.5 million souls... there is ONE TT club and if you go to it, you would wonder what then is a USA club. It is a place to play matches pretty much. NM... give it up. Las Vegas... another place to play.

You will be disappointed that there is not so much in immediate area and you drive miles and miles just to play.

Now the LA, SF, and San Jose areas... WAY better ratio of places to play and MANY of these places are actual TT clubs, a real community with real coaches and real team spirit.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I am from the San Francisco area. There's a tons of full-time clubs within half an hour drive from SF, and those clubs are very active with regular roubin leagues and open play. May I ask what's the level of your play?

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
I am from the San Francisco area. There's a tons of full-time clubs within half an hour drive from SF, and those clubs are very active with regular roubin leagues and open play. May I ask what's the level of your play?

Sure i play 90% win in the 1th class in the Netherlands. I need some help to translate that to ustt level. I play below national level.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Sure i play 90% win in the 1th class in the Netherlands. I need some help to translate that to ustt level. I play below national level.

Great, your level is probably very high :) As pointed out by Burns, there are plenty of table tennis centers around the San Francisco area, and they are all pretty close (relatively) to each other. So I do suggest you to bring your equipments. My feeling and experience is that if you demonstrate a high enough rating, they will let you play for free and be very welcome. :p

Welcome to the Bay area and check them out!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
There is a new app by uberpong called "table map." It is a user filled map where people post their clubs. As it is new, it hasn't been filled very much, but it's worth a look. By the way, I use Feedly for all the table tennis blogs. It's great. That is where I got this info. Search up table map uberpong online. Everyone should put there club up!

This user has no status.
Great, your level is probably very high :) As pointed out by Burns, there are plenty of table tennis centers around the San Francisco area, and they are all pretty close (relatively) to each other. So I do suggest you to bring your equipments. My feeling and experience is that if you demonstrate a high enough rating, they will let you play for free and be very welcome. :p

Welcome to the Bay area and check them out!

As i said i do not play at national level so i am not that good. I can play at a decent level. I have a car to my disposal so I think I should be able to visit a club in the san fran area.

This user has no status.
There is a new app by uberpong called "table map." It is a user filled map where people post their clubs. As it is new, it hasn't been filled very much, but it's worth a look. By the way, I use Feedly for all the table tennis blogs. It's great. That is where I got this info. Search up table map uberpong online. Everyone should put there club up!

Thanks voor the tip. I will look into it.!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
rhonis, if you make it to San Diego, visit Tatl Wei. He runs the "garage" at his house where he invites over serious players. Tat is an old gent who plays an attacking game using inverted and BH OX LP. He is 1800-1900 USATT level and will give you a workout to remember. He also plays at San Diego TTC. You gotta take a pic in front of his "Rules" poster, you will NOT be disappointed visiting him. He will get his bat on your best drives. Tat would be a Div 3 city player in Korea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Rhonis if you want clubs to play at and connections to those clubs I may be able to help you out in the Cali areas.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Clubs/Find-a-Club

Check out the clubs by states and let me know which clubs you'll be visiting. I was just out there and I know many of the owners at the Bay Area clubs. If our SVP of marketing likes the idea he may be able to get you in those clubs for free so long as we can get some pics and video from you to use in our updates. If you need advice on clubs to visit and contacts I'm sure we can find them for you as we know predominantly most of the TT contacts within the U.S. or at least those that compete in the US tournaments.

This user has no status.
First, thanks for the tips. It is really helpful.

rhonis, if you make it to San Diego, visit Tatl Wei. He runs the "garage" at his house where he invites over serious players. Tat is an old gent who plays an attacking game using inverted and BH OX LP. He is 1800-1900 USATT level and will give you a workout to remember. He also plays at San Diego TTC. You gotta take a pic in front of his "Rules" poster, you will NOT be disappointed visiting him. He will get his bat on your best drives. Tat would be a Div 3 city player in Korea.

Der_echte, you might over estimate my level of play. I already mentioned that I playa decent level, but are not playing on national level in the Netherlands. When I keep in mind that the level of play the rest of the world is higher than in the Netherlands, I see myself as a just above avarage player. The garage sounds like a real great experience and also sounds that I will get destroyed bigtime ;).

Rhonis if you want clubs to play at and connections to those clubs I may be able to help you out in the Cali areas.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/Clubs/Find-a-Club

Check out the clubs by states and let me know which clubs you'll be visiting. I was just out there and I know many of the owners at the Bay Area clubs. If our SVP of marketing likes the idea he may be able to get you in those clubs for free so long as we can get some pics and video from you to use in our updates. If you need advice on clubs to visit and contacts I'm sure we can find them for you as we know predominantly most of the TT contacts within the U.S. or at least those that compete in the US tournaments.

Mr Richard, this is perfect. Since I am not sure at this moment what day I will be where (only in big lines) I can always check the list at the day I know i have time. I hope you can help me to find the right contacts and you can of course use the foto's and vids from the visit. I have 1 more question, is it possible to play in a us tournament? And are the dates for these tournaments already available? I am sure I can free up a full day to play a tourny. I dont mind paying some entrance fee for a tourny.

Thanks again.

Last edited: