Please help. Please Don't ignore. Very Urgent . BLADE SELECTION

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Kind of funny to hear that the DHS representative talks about the size of blade face. He said National versions are generally smaller and amatuer likes heavier blades so they design their market versions with bigger blade face. But customer feedback request the market versions to be of the same shape and sizes as National ones, so DHS is updating their Hurricane series and unified the blade size to make everyone happy. I wonder who gave them the idea of heavier blades in the first place. I always thought that only pro desire heavy blades.
As I recall the HL5 with print on the surface had the same head size 160x152mm as the national versions. My version of W968 also have that size.
I just got the Hurricane Bo 2 with have a smaller head size 157x150. Maybe DHS wanted to make the blade more stiff for the newer version. Perhaps they did that for the new HL5 without print. Anyone who recently have brought a W968 from 2016 could verify your theory.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi, Mr.Spin,
go for Viscaria or Kenta Matsudaira ALC! You can't go wrong with them, while you can read negative reviews about HL5.
And IMO, someone who is an international player counts as professional.
Shuki said that professional is someone who makes his/her living off from table tennis. It depends on the country. Hungarian first league players usually have something else other than table tennis, simply because the payment. I think semi-professional is someone who get money for the matches, but it's only a little bonus.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
As I recall the HL5 with print on the surface had the same head size 160x152mm as the national versions. My version of W968 also have that size.
I just got the Hurricane Bo 2 with have a smaller head size 157x150. Maybe DHS wanted to make the blade more stiff for the newer version. Perhaps they did that for the new HL5 without print. Anyone who recently have brought a W968 from 2016 could verify your theory.

Those are direct translation of what the DHS man said in the video so it is not really my theory. I have two HL5 but no National blades to compare and they are big like you said. But someone in China said the recent batch of market version HL5, even still have print on blade face, is already reduced in size. Wonder any who had bought one lately can confirm. The DHS man also said those without print can glue better.

Just found the article about the review of the new HL5 that I have mentioned before. He said the head size has reduced from 160x150mm to 156x148mm, shoulder increase from 8.2 to 8.8mm and weight reduced from 92.42 to 89.55g. I see my early HL5 is more like 162x152mm.

http://www.dku51.com/article-6547.html