Pure Wood vs Composite blades

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
what you need to do is use a stiff 5-ply wooden blade first and loop when you practice then after a while you switch to a composite or a faster wooden blade and you'll control it much better.

5-ply wood blades have more dwell time, having a higher control, spin(depending on the rubber) and forcing you to hit the ball harder if you want a fast ball. For the beginners is perfect.

7-ply wood blades have less dwell time, but those are controllable and will hit the ball faster then a 5-ply wood. Ther are better for the people who knows the strokes well and know how to put strength at the ball.

The composite wood is the hardest blade at the list. They are good for the more advanced players, knowing how to control the ball and having perfect strokes.

If you think a composite wood is too hard and uncontrollable, then switch to a 7-ply wood. Remember: A OFF wooden blade WON'T perform the same as a OFF Composite wood.

says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
Sep 2011
All wood v/s Carbon or composite

Dear friends.

I beleive that table tennis started with wood and there was good attack and defence game with more rallys and good to watch hours of play with no time bar.
I would say that weather it is wood or carbon the game of TT is ecellient game to be played .

About your request of choosing carbon or wood .
I suggest that it all depends on your game and specially where your going wrong for example if your poor in receiving or serving effectively.
I you want more spin go for All wood with offensive + to get control. If your speed is less and less penetrative go for carbon or composite with offensive + This should help you.
You can try 7ply all wood for speed and power.
But you should remember that all good companys work to produce good ply for better game and their sale too keep player satisfiction in mind .
Technology gives only advantage over your strong basic.
If you can tell me how good is you topspin i can help you more.

Happy Table tennis

From Shreeshaila India

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
I've been using a Stiga Offensive Wood NCT and am going to buy a new blade soon... I really enjoyed the Stiga Offensive Wood, if you're looking for an all wood blade at a reasonable price, it's the perfect blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Even though I am currently using a carbon composite blade as my main bat, I switch to all wood paddle from time to time. I think wood blades always give me better feeling and touch despite its less power. I think pure wood blade is a bit more flexible and forgiving blade too. If you want more control and spin, the wood blade is your answer, but personally I prefer a killer smash over spin :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
an all wood has the max control. and when your coming from an wood racket and changing to a composite well its a different story with regards to control. but surely your ball will be much faster than when using an all wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Well you will feel the ball more with an alwood blade and the control will be better but if you are used to carbon it could be hard to adjust to allwood again .... anyways one of the best looping blades Nittaku violin with amazing feel and good speed could do you well