Question about ABS balls

This user has no status.
hello

i have an inquiry about the balls with ABS plastic.

Being and low level EJ, I bought 2 different brands on sale from aliexpress, and they both have dark spots on the poles of the sphere only visible when shining a light through (wont mention brand to avoid bias). My guess the plastic is more dense there, from the injection process.

For those who have purchase ABS balls, ¿yours also have this property? i played with various plastic balls and just now i got these ones with "ABS"

1708610624844.png

(quick picture cause i'm at work and left the balls at home)

PD: After 1hr play yesterday, i could tell these balls bounce higher and faster, having difficulty on serves and serve returns. On rallies i felt the balls dig deeper into the sponge which i liked. I played against 3 opponents, only the experienced one noticed the speed and changed the ball for a slower one DF V40+.

I doubt these replace the DHS D40+ *** and DF V40+ *** that are used at my club, the price and durability is unmatched.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
most of seemed balls for the past few years are ABS
you need to give the names of the balls

DHS D40+ is ABS, but terrible balls, DJ40+ that replaced D40+ is way better
DF V40+ is also ABS and I know a lot of people don't like it. The V40+ used at WTTC 2023 Durban is not "retail versions"
DF PAR 40+ balls is apparently decent (I haven't tried yet)

if you have seemed balls without ABS, the balls will break within an hour or two, or five of usage. It was crazy.
one league night (7 matches), I think they used up to 6 balls

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So i have 3 different abs balls next to me and i just did a check on the light

Stiga Premium 3 star, Stiga Training ball and Sanwei 2 star training ball, all have that dot
I have a used DF V40+ that was made for Durban WTTC2023, and I can't see it
I have the box of new DF V40+ balls somewhere that i can't find

Reactions: Reaper
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
I have some cheap huieson and tarksn. They both have those dots, but slightly lighter than the rest of the surface. I wouldn't even notice that difference without your post
But I don't see those dots on TTS training balls (local brand that orders it somewhere in China) and on dhs dj40+, but those have logo at that area (both busan and wtt ones), so it is possible that it is hidden

Reactions: Reaper
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THICKNESS OF THE HOLLOW SPHERE MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

Yes, the sport of table tennis is all about physics and aerodynamics. A hollow ball of plastic material shall obey by the laws of physics.
Have a need for a spinny ball? Get the outer sphere somewhat thinner. No brainer at all.

O2oXbSvtrX0.jpg

Last edited: