Question about tacky rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi everyone.

I am currently using Fastarc G1 in 1.6mm on both backhand and forehand.

I am looking to try a tacky rubber and have decided on Nittaku Sieger PK50.

My question is, In the passive and more gentle, touch shots, is a tacky rubber likely to be much slower.
Does the tacky surface remove some of the bounce that I am used to.
I am thinking that if it is going to be slower then does it make sense to go for a slightly thicker sponge?, for example 1.8mm.

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I think tacky rubbers are slower - especially on the passive and gentle touch shots that you asked about. That's part of their appeal compared to most tensor rubbers.

That said, Fastarc G1 is one of the easiest tensor rubbers to control in the gentle game, so the change from G1 to the PK50 shouldn't be too much for you to adjust to.

Regarding the thickness: I don't know if the Sieger PK50 comes in anything thinner than 1.8mm sponge, so I think you may have to go to (at least) 1.8mm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi everyone.

I am currently using Fastarc G1 in 1.6mm on both backhand and forehand.

I am looking to try a tacky rubber and have decided on Nittaku Sieger PK50.

My question is, In the passive and more gentle, touch shots, is a tacky rubber likely to be much slower.
Does the tacky surface remove some of the bounce that I am used to.
I am thinking that if it is going to be slower then does it make sense to go for a slightly thicker sponge?, for example 1.8mm.

Thank you
Yes, it'll absolutely make touch shots much, much slower.
Whether it's bouncy on medium/hard shots will depend on the sponge. Unboosted H3 for example will not be bouncy at all, it's just a very slow rubber without boosting. So slow that while I've only tried the G1 in 2+mm thickness, I can't imagine 2.2mm unboosted H3 to be faster than a 1.6mm G1.
With that said, I've never tried the PK50, so I don't know how that would compare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
A tacky rubber is more susceptible to humidity and dust and would lose its tackiness (play in a larger room/area or else your loops will slip and clean your rubber). The rubber is likely slower than tenergy rubbers but you get more spin, the best part would be that you can put more power into each loop before the ball flies away, forming very powerful forehand loops. However, you would need to utilise more full strokes in your forehand game.

The best tacky rubbers are DHS rubbers though, but they require boosting. You could try 729 battle II or rakza z, though the experience is different. And yes, it basically removes the "bounce" -- if you drop a ball on a new Hurricane 3 rubber, it sticks to the rubber! lol

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
PK50 has some tackiness, less than H3, but it’s faster than H3. Has very high spin capability with the right technique - brushing the ball.
was fine with short game, not over bouncy like many modern tensor rubbers (R48, T05 etc) not as ‘dead’ as H3
Can’t compare to G1 as I have not used that rubber.

I found PK50 a little unpredictable when looping, when the sponge kicks in, it was pretty lively and ball travelled off the table !!