Re-Building the BEAST

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think you may have had more warmup than you had sleep.

Haha, forgot to mention that, I though it was just being stuck in traffic jams 5 hrs that made me feel tired and off-time. I played that night until well past midnight, then had a late dinner with PP Holic, THEN I drove STRAIGHT back to Boston, without rest, but there was no traffic at 0200 HRS, so it was only a 3.5 hr drive, easy peazy.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I think you got this backwards. I wouldn't leave NYC UNLESS I GOT PAID. hahahahaha.

OK Carl, I will PAY you with a TOWERING stack of fresh handmade buttermilk pancakes with Upstate NY REAL maple syrup all you can wolf down Ur gullet gullet AND the freshest most delicious hand drip coffee you can smell... if you take a bus or train to Boston to play vs me in June at Boston TTC.

OR you can pay me to come down to NYC mid June to make you those pancakes.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey Der_Echte, it looks like we have hijacked our own thread!!!!

I think the goon squad may be coming to get us.

WHAT???!!! WE ???!!!! HIJACK???!!!

Are you sure?

It's all good, sometimes a discussion will take a natural turn in a good direction.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Nah, it is 0222 HRS east coast time...

I think the only thing being Hijacked here is both of our precious sleep time. it is a work day tomorrow, uhm, I mean, later today... HAHA... NOT, I'm just recently retired and can get up whenever I feel like it... If wife doesn't wake me up with the business end of a frypan.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
OK Carl, I will PAY you with a TOWERING stack of fresh handmade buttermilk pancakes with Upstate NY REAL maple syrup all you can wolf down Ur gullet gullet AND the freshest most delicious hand drip coffee you can smell... if you take a bus or train to Boston to play vs me in June at Boston TTC.

OR you can pay me to come down to NYC mid June to make you those pancakes.

You see, the actual sad thing is, I actually meant money. I wish it wasn't that way, but, doing what I do, teaching yoga, I work 7 days a week so no matter what day I leave town it means I lose some income. If I leave on a weekend, I will lose a lot of money. On Saturdays and Sundays, usually between the hours of 8am and 2pm (the busiest work hours of my weekend), I make as much money as I make from Monday - Thursday.

If you can get my wife to make some money, perhaps I can take a vacation. :) But my last actual day off was when I had pneumonia. And before that I believe it was New Years Day.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
WHAT???!!! WE ???!!!! HIJACK???!!!

Are you sure?

It's all good, sometimes a discussion will take a natural turn in a good direction.

Nah, we would never hijack a thread. Not even our own thread.

Reactions: ttmonster
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For 30 yrs, even if I had a day off, a dumb-azz joker with more rank than me could call me and not so politely ORDER me to come back to workplace to do some meaningless stuff that had no urgency, except in hiz mind.

No friggin' moar for this man-child I sez.

I hear ya though, when you are self-employed and work at self business, you wont be paid unless you work. That can be its own world of contrast, but at least you enjoy your work and that counts for a LOT.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yes, and yes. You did your time and now you can retire, collect your pension and create a new career. Now you don't have to answer to anyone except the real boss, oops, I mean, your wife.

And yes, being self employed and really liking my work, has its benefits. But if I skip a class or a day, it means I do not get paid for that. And being the only income supporting three people in NYC where our spending is about $7,000.00 (USD) per month, I have to stay on top of things.

But I do really like what I do. As soon as I start teaching, it makes me feel much better. If I am tired or in a bad mental state, as soon as I am helping other people use their bodies better, I feel, alive, awake and happy. It definitely helped getting through watching my father dying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Got inspired.. again!
Beast-mod here we go!!

8ed9ecfc432a4ef315a570c1329c536a.jpg

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Got inspired.. again!
Beast-mod here we go!!

8ed9ecfc432a4ef315a570c1329c536a.jpg

Hahaha. Nice. Keeping it real.

I am glad you agree that the solid handle makes a blade play better. It is interesting how that really does help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Liten
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Did you fill it all up with glue?

Once you do that, all those metal or wood pieces you added in will and strength to the job and make it more solid, but you gotta fill it in completely.

Adding the weight down low will help with teh whipping action for sure, but it will feel funny at impact without filling it all in with glue.

I am confident you will LOVE how it performs after the mod.

it will also boost your confidence doing mods to your stuff.

This user has no status.
Did you fill it all up with glue?

Once you do that, all those metal or wood pieces you added in will and strength to the job and make it more solid, but you gotta fill it in completely.

Adding the weight down low will help with teh whipping action for sure, but it will feel funny at impact without filling it all in with glue.

I am confident you will LOVE how it performs after the mod.

it will also boost your confidence doing mods to your stuff.

Not yet! Just tried the blade first, rattles like crazy! :D

Have to find more nuts and bolts - I have another old wrb blade that need beasting! ;)
11221cc9496bfad9a3dd41877327f1ed.jpg

The wife asked, is that your breakfast today?
9f9f75c2244b9e7db2ecf2a5703f42ac.jpg

[emoji16]

This user has no status.
About that part: adding weight low or high.
Most of the bolts ended up towards the head. As i play c-pen that is sort of what im looking for but when the blade is played shakehand this might be bad? The oversize extreme blade is the one I lend to mates who whants to play. Not that big of a deal. But the original with the blue handle is my first blade and I love how it handles with the boosted H3.. Always will be my backup. Don't whant to mess it up. :)

This user has no status.
With the rubbers in place I found the initial calculated balance was way of.. :D
Lycky for me, the wood glue was nowere to be found so I could have a change of heart.
The original wrb ended up with two nuts taped with what we in Sweden call Gaffa. :) The tape is rolled inside out. That way it sticks to the inside of the hollow handle. That also makes it possible to change weight when choosing other rubbers.
60664dadd70dfd6cc629ad3ecc4b7739.jpg

The oversize got such light rubbers I had to take all the screws out. Back to a empty handle.
03b948a9e531791223a7760621f62be9.jpg

This user has no status.
One thing that struck me is you could get a right size metal ball, like frome a big ballbairing(spelling?) and let the thing float free inside the handle? Maby that f*cks up the balance on EVERY shot, but it may also provide some extra omph in the right spot, who knows. :)
Anyhow, sofar im happy with the tape.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
What you do with the loose stuff inside the blade is what Andro did with the "Kinetic" series.

I would feel safe saying that the mod without completely filling the empty space with glue and re-inforcement material (toothpick or tiny nails) would give a poor feel at impact compare to filling the whole sucker up jam full.

Personally, at impact, i could not tolerate a blade that shakes, rattles, and rolls each firm hit.

Reactions: Liten