Re-Building the BEAST

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
2be0edd2c9f1eb25cfa958b7dbb58a0e21966341d51fcc9b74b1342ca118c93e.jpg

Wait....I don't get it. Why did you need to wear a coat to take the glue off? [emoji2]

Something to protect your thumb would have made more sense. Unless it is colder than than I thought in San Fran in the summer. [emoji2]

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Latest status before I left for work : Put a second coat of booster on the sponge when I woke up in the morning around 5 ish ( to be precise ) when I left which was 4 hours later it was still not doming ... I guess I must have put too thin a layer to err on the side of caution .. will see how it is when I get home in the evening ...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Latest status before I left for work : Put a second coat of booster on the sponge when I woke up in the morning around 5 ish ( to be precise ) when I left which was 4 hours later it was still not doming ... I guess I must have put too thin a layer to err on the side of caution .. will see how it is when I get home in the evening ...

No caution. Boost the heck out of it.

A big, warm winter coat. Like one of those Michelin Man down coats. Get that sucka to curl into a ball. [emoji2]

Only then can you put it on Der_Echte's 120 gram Allround Evolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Naah , the objective is to make my forehand a beast in both short and long balls , not to make it into a tennis racquet :)
No caution. Boost the heck out of it.

A big, warm winter coat. Like one of those Michelin Man down coats. Get that sucka to curl into a ball. [emoji2]

Only than can you put it on Der_Echte's 120 gram Allround Evolution.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Once it starts doming, be careful with any additional coats, it is easy for the tuner to slide down the dome and slide down the side of the sponge and get into the rubber. Sometimes that will be trouble if you are careless, it could cause topsheet to separate.

When rubber is doming, slop it around, but only up to a cm from the end and make sure there is no more loose oil on sponge to slide down and cause you trouble later.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Ideally, you do this tuning experimentation with some old sheets that will not kill you if you mess up the job. It is good experience and discovery.

For all those who get butt-painz when opponent is a tuner, have it any way you like. I do not tune my Karis, it doesn't need it (I would bet that H would be a beast tuned) it works perfectly fine for me without tuner. Besides, re-doing that stuff every month or two is too inconvenient for me. Kinda fun to test out how the stuff works on an old rubber, but for main rubbers, too much work for me.

If my opponent uses a tuned rubber and saves money, moar power to him or her. I am not going to get offended and run to the referee to cry foul. That tuner won't help opponent read my serves any better or move his feet better or be on balance better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Sure ... Der ... not planning to put another coat just yet , will wait a day to see how the dome comes out ...
Once it starts doming, be careful with any additional coats, it is easy for the tuner to slide down the dome and slide down the side of the sponge and get into the rubber. Sometimes that will be trouble if you are careless, it could cause topsheet to separate.

When rubber is doming, slop it around, but only up to a cm from the end and make sure there is no more loose oil on sponge to slide down and cause you trouble later.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So here is the final update, slapped it on and played for a while yesterday. I think I have overboosted it because its too fast , so I will wait for it to air out a little bit before playing with it everyday . Yesterday, even though my loops were going in I felt that it was too bouncy .... its surprising that the rubber did not dome but it did expand , I had to cut off a good 1/8th of an inch or so after i put it on .... I think I will let it wear out a bit ... however, I am not sure I like the Long V . I think I have become too used to to the crisper feeling of ZJK ALC , the long V felt softer and more vibration and not a whole lot of oomph even when I hit the spit spot ... may be its the over boosted rubber ... we will see ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
If you're to lazy to do the beast customizing thing you can just buy a Yinhe J-1 single ply ayous blade. Heavy, solid and surprisingly with 9mm thickness flexibele.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
LOL ... Der_Echte ... after a day its playing like a dream ... I think its official , I might change my forehand rubber permanently to boosted H3 ... there is a reason why people who use it are addicted to it more than tenergy ....
We need to put a coule coats of the tuning oil on ttmonster's playing hand as well... :D

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
All in all I believe your tuning job was a fraction of what many tuning players did to the rubber, yet even a 1/4 tuning job makes H3 playable.

Moar power to tuners of old rubber to experiment or save money...

I say that as a player and reseller. Who should stop someone from restoring their stuff?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk