Release date colored rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Curious about rule interpretations.

For single-sided penholders can I use 1 sheet of pink rubber and paint the back-side black. Or does 1 "rubber" must be black?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Then new wording from the AGM 2019 is: The surface of the covering material on a side of the blade, or of a side of the blade if it is leftuncovered, shall be black on one side,and of a colour clearly distinguishable from black and from the colour of the ball on the other.

This should mean that you may paint the uncovered side black, and then use another (legal) colour on the other side. Black is not defined in the rules, so "any black" is ok.
Depending on the new T4, it might be more difficult to get away with painting the uncovered side yellow or pink, and then use a black covering on the other side. There will have to be some rules for that.... If there is a definition of yellow (or other colours) in the new T4, you would probably have to paint the uncovered side according to this definition. Then there would have to be a test...

There's already a belief in the EJ (equipment junkie) community that black rubbers tend to be slower and spinnier while red are slightly faster...

I wonder what other theories will pop up once we have more colors in the mix?

That is one of my objectives to test if i have all the colors of a single rubber in a brand.

This user has no status.
There's already a belief in the EJ (equipment junkie) community that black rubbers tend to be slower and spinnier while red are slightly faster...

Well, this comes from the past and has been said by Butterfly themselve, and was true for the Sriver L. Was it the same for for other rubbers? I don't know but as example, the mark V black existed before the rule of the 2 colors and was hard to obtain. Why? I had the 4 colors of Magic carbon when I was young and yes all were slighty differents, maybe due to the industrial process??

This user has no status.

Well, this comes from the past and has been said by Butterfly themselve, and was true for the Sriver L. Was it the same for for other rubbers? I don't know but as example, the mark V black existed before the rule of the 2 colors and was hard to obtain. Why? I had the 4 colors of Magic carbon when I was young and yes all were slighty differents, maybe due to the industrial process??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
And the snowball starts rolling...lol.

Honestly, just tell yourself yellow is the fastest, ignore all other comments.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Honestly, just tell yourself yellow is the fastest, ignore all other comments.

I´m with you here. But eventually someone will compare a green 2.0 mm rubber (which is actually 2.04) to a black 2.0 mm rubber (which is actually 1.91) and the difference will be HUGE and it´s all in the colour ;)

And if, against all odds, pink would be the spinniest - would it change people´s minds about the colour?

This user has no status.
I´m with you here. But eventually someone will compare a green 2.0 mm rubber (which is actually 2.04) to a black 2.0 mm rubber (which is actually 1.91) and the difference will be HUGE and it´s all in the colour ;)

And if, against all odds, pink would be the spinniest - would it change people´s minds about the colour?
Hi all, it starts to be funny.... if the colours are different it means the chemical combo is different, so it should be reasonable to have different results, by the way, you prefer a white car in summer or a black one??

Unfortunately I don't have an old cataloque from Wack Sport where it was explained for Sriver... but I'll send them an email, maybe they have a scan.

I received the answer, yes at the beginning of the Sriver (35 years ago) in black the quality wasn't the same for both colours then they correct it and now usually and for all the brand both colors are similar....even if we can read here it's not true for some chinese rubber.
and it seems there's a slighty( very very small) differences between the black and the red but not demonstrable in blind test.

Last edited: