Returning to TT after 20 yrs, blade/rubber advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hi,
There are some pretty good quality cheaper inner or outer carbon blades out there, this could also be an option for an upgrade, manufacturers to consider are Yinhe, Loki, DHS and Friendship.
Yes, I think a blade change is something I'd like to try soon. My concern is regluing the rubbers. The glue that was on the T05 seems pretty thick, not sure how to remove that (or if I should), I'm used to speed glueing where you just reglued over the top.

Any advice for regluing with these new rubbers? How to remove? Which glue to use? ( I have free check II which seems to have pretty bad reviews)

Reactions: IB66
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Yes, I think a blade change is something I'd like to try soon. My concern is regluing the rubbers. The glue that was on the T05 seems pretty thick, not sure how to remove that (or if I should), I'm used to speed glueing where you just reglued over the top.

Any advice for regluing with these new rubbers? How to remove? Which glue to use? ( I have free check II which seems to have pretty bad reviews)
removing the glue can be a boring job!! There's a recent thread I saw with good info about removing the glue.
the type of glue you use can make things much easier, Check out Revolution no1 glue. there are others that are similar, they peel off real easy when you change or remove rubbers to reboost. Etc

Reactions: BHSlap