Richtung Deutschland

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I'll be visiting my friend who lives close to Mannheim, between 1.7 and 8.7. I was thinking, it would be great if anyone of you lives in some reasonably big circle around it, like say up to 150km, and would like to meet for some hitting. My friend started playing too some time ago, and we'd visit your club training, and cause some serious trouble. Then ideally we'd drink some beer together and head back. A dream would be if some other german (or not german) TTD members would join, if we manage to plan and unite on some place/time. But that is a dream, we'd need the right star constellation to have that happening I guess.

On the way back, probably on Saturday, we'll be going over Dresden to the north of CR. Theoretically I could make a stop, if I find a suitable leisure/fun park for the kids nearby, and have a hit for 1-2 hours too. The sum of the levels of happiness over the set containing my wife and myself would be a constant, as usual...

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I'll be visiting my friend who lives close to Mannheim, between 1.7 and 8.7. I was thinking, it would be great if anyone of you lives in some reasonably big circle around it, like say up to 150km, and would like to meet for some hitting. My friend started playing too some time ago, and we'd visit your club training, and cause some serious trouble. Then ideally we'd drink some beer together and head back. A dream would be if some other german (or not german) TTD members would join, if we manage to plan and unite on some place/time. But that is a dream, we'd need the right star constellation to have that happening I guess.

On the way back, probably on Saturday, we'll be going over Dresden to the north of CR. Theoretically I could make a stop, if I find a suitable leisure/fun park for the kids nearby, and have a hit for 1-2 hours too. The sum of the levels of happiness over the set containing my wife and myself would be a constant, as usual...
May the stars line up for you and may the force be with you.
The Germans are a very welcoming lot and can get very friendly especially after the beer. .😁
Just a headsup, it is DEUTSCHLAND............the land where they speak DEUTSCH 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Mannheim = Baden-Württemberg = "Wir können alles. Außer Hochdeutsch." 1)

Back to TT: around 130 km from Mannheim lies Saarbrücken, 1. FC Saarbrücken. Don't know how easy it is to watch them train, TTBL final is on July 9. in Düsseldorf, but maybe it is possible (I don't know but would like to see that too). The other FCS teams are training there too and usually it is no problem for guests to train at a club over here.
https://fcs-tischtennis.de/fcs-tt/breitensport/
If you are there, they also got good beer. Bruch Bier, Karlsberg (with K not the one with C, that's the same difference as Budweiser is to the Budweiser from Czechia) or https://www.hopfenhelden.de/craft-beer-im-saarland-ei-gudd/

If you want to visit Donic 2) or Tibhar they are also close to Saarbrücken (Donic <-> Tibhar are around 6 kilometers apart in Völklingen and Saarbrücken).

1) https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wir_können_alles._Außer_Hochdeutsch.
2) Donic = Sport Schreiner, same location, TT store, of course a bit biased towards Donic ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
The stars have aligned. I actually live in Mannheim and play in two clubs, but it's too crowded in the Mannheimer club atm. We could play in the other club in Ludwigshafen on Monday and Wednesday. I'm not much of a drinker, though.

Great. Let's do that on Monday already, if possible. I'll visit my friend's club (Heddesheim) on Tuesday and Friday late afternoon. And will also try to arrange another meet with my former colleague who plays as well, but I forgot the club. This is very very good, thanks.

I'll send you a PM.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
This is OUTSTANDING.

Internet table tennis forums facilitate this kind of networking that decades ago required the ownership of a spy network the size and scope of KGB.

Being able to find friends and action is so damn good stuff it is indescribable.

What a pitty that the world's most famous trouble-maker lives in DeutSchland no more! I have some things about bread and butter to explain to him...

• Haha
This user has no status.
Many thanks to Erhan, Hasan, Ali, Jonathan and Sammy, for a cool training in Ludwigshafen. I hope to see you again, but unfortunately, it may take up to 3 years ;-) Cheers!
Thanks for coming by, we had a lot of fun too. You are welcome any time!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Lazer
Reactions: latej