Rubber alternative for FH & BH, cheaper

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Hi. I am currently using Clipper wood with FH Battle 2 Provincial Gold and BH H3Neo commercial. I have the same rubber setup for my DHS 301.

As my TT sessions on clubs and groups are getting more often and longer- I tend to think and feel that my rubbers are wearing off. Although my setup is inexpensive to most people, not myself, there is a budget restraint I would adhere.

Asking for a cheaper but relatively the same performance, and durability. For both FH & BH.

Thanks

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yinhe Jupiter 3 can replace the B2, and a medium version of Yinhe Mercury 2 can replace the H3.
You're going to lose some performance, but it's a reasonable substitute.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Yinhe Jupiter 3 can replace the B2, and a medium version of Yinhe Mercury 2 can replace the H3.
You're going to lose some performance, but it's a reasonable substitute.
I was recommended before for Jupiter 3 a to replace B2gold, yes different performance but in-line with B2gold. Thou I am not sure on mercury 2, that'll be too much of a difference - but for the price maybe I could try.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
729 Bloom Power/Loki Arthur China is the closest to Battle 2 Gold you can get - the Bloom Power even got the same glorious Purple Sponge as B2 Gold - on BH I don't think of any rubber which is cheaper than H3 Neo Commercial that works for BH, maybe.. Rxton 1 Plus ?
Good day to you sir,

Between 729 Bloom Power and Loki Arthur China, which rubber is much more tacky top sheet.

Thank you for your kindness reply and recommend.

Best regards,

Reactions: M.Hoang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi. I am currently using Clipper wood with FH Battle 2 Provincial Gold and BH H3Neo commercial. I have the same rubber setup for my DHS 301.

As my TT sessions on clubs and groups are getting more often and longer- I tend to think and feel that my rubbers are wearing off. Although my setup is inexpensive to most people, not myself, there is a budget restraint I would adhere.

Asking for a cheaper but relatively the same performance, and durability. For both FH & BH.

Thanks
Ok, I am going to go out on a limp here. Background, I have tried H3 (my main rubber), Sanwei Target National, Big Dipper, AK 47 blue, CJ8000, Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin and Battle II provincial blue sponge and Mercury II.

Mercury II is dirt cheap. Like 1/3 of a price of H3 neo and 1/4 of the price for Battle II provincial blue sponge. It is a great rubber for the price. You lost some power of H3 neo when you go down to Mercury II medium hardness. It is up to you if you want to try that.

Not to offend anyone here, I did not like most of the H3 neo alternative I tried. They feel dead in my hand.

The only other one that impressed me is Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin. It is NOT tacky like Mercury II. It is like regular european tensor rubber without the tensor. I think on a budget, that is the backhand rubber I would recommend. Again, hey, for six to seven dollar a sheet, I would choose that over AK 47 or CJ8000, etc.

Finally, if the top sheet losing grippiness is your concern, then do you want to try ESN rubber on the backhand side. I know money is a concern but Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are very very durable. If you can get 30% bulk discount with your friends buying from TT11, Xiom Vega Europe will "only" cost $25.37.

Quite frankly, my H3 neo from Aliexpress is $22-$23 a sheet and my Battle II Provincial blue sponge is $25-$27 a sheet on Aliexpress. When you check out from Aliexpress, they will tag shipping fee and import tax on it so it is not as cheap as it seems when you first click on a rubber.

On TT11, when you check out, there is no additional fee.

There is a reason I am no longer buying anymore sheets from Aliexpress. I have bought enough and I am done. Blades, well, I might buy more from Aliexpress. Rubber. Nay, no need. I still have 8 sheets of Mecury II and 4 sheets of T88 Ultra Spin I have not opened. I am going to find a few spare blades to put my Big Dipper, Ak47, CJ8000 and Battle II on. But that's it. Done. No more EJ'ing with Chinese rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Ok, I am going to go out on a limp here. Background, I have tried H3 (my main rubber), Sanwei Target National, Big Dipper, AK 47 blue, CJ8000, Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin and Battle II provincial blue sponge and Mercury II.

Mercury II is dirt cheap. Like 1/3 of a price of H3 neo and 1/4 of the price for Battle II provincial blue sponge. It is a great rubber for the price. You lost some power of H3 neo when you go down to Mercury II medium hardness. It is up to you if you want to try that.

Not to offend anyone here, I did not like most of the H3 neo alternative I tried. They feel dead in my hand.

The only other one that impressed me is Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin. It is NOT tacky like Mercury II. It is like regular european tensor rubber without the tensor. I think on a budget, that is the backhand rubber I would recommend. Again, hey, for six to seven dollar a sheet, I would choose that over AK 47 or CJ8000, etc.

Finally, if the top sheet losing grippiness is your concern, then do you want to try ESN rubber on the backhand side. I know money is a concern but Rakza 7 soft and C-1 are very very durable. If you can get 30% bulk discount with your friends buying from TT11, Xiom Vega Europe will "only" cost $25.37.

Quite frankly, my H3 neo from Aliexpress is $22-$23 a sheet and my Battle II Provincial blue sponge is $25-$27 a sheet on Aliexpress. When you check out from Aliexpress, they will tag shipping fee and import tax on it so it is not as cheap as it seems when you first click on a rubber.

There is a reason I am no longer buying anymore sheets from Aliexpress. I have bought enough and I am done. Blades, well, I might buy more from Aliexpress. Rubber. Nay, no need. I still have 8 sheets of Mecury II and 4 sheets of T88 Ultra Spin I have not opened. I am going to find a few spare blades to put my Big Dipper, Ak47, CJ8000 and Battle II on. But that's it. Done. No more EJ'ing with Chinese rubbers.
Yep the Sanwei Ultra Spin is a really good rubber for the price and perhaps the Sanwei Taiji Plus instead of the Battle then...

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
729 Bloom Power/Loki Arthur China is the closest to Battle 2 Gold you can get - the Bloom Power even got the same glorious Purple Sponge as B2 Gold - on BH I don't think of any rubber which is cheaper than H3 Neo Commercial that works for BH, maybe.. Rxton 1 Plus ?
LAC would not be cheaper than B2 gold from most shops I know, including aliexpress.

Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yep the Sanwei Ultra Spin is a really good rubber for the price and perhaps the Sanwei Taiji Plus instead of the Battle then...
I think there is a time and place for everything.

I have Sanwei TT88 Ultra Spin on one side, and Friendship 729fx on the other side, on a Neottec Revolution blade. That set up altogher is dirt cheap. I can highly recommend that set up for anyone who wants to learn ping pong to start off with and into the internediate level. If Friendship 729 fx is too expensive, just swap it out for Mercury II and it will do the same trick.

I have played with that spare blade. Sanwei TT88 Ultra Spin is definitely slightly faster than Friendship 729fx and Sanwei TT88 Ultra Spin has zero tensor property. But that's ok. Some top players in several leagues still play with Mark V and have done very well.

I know you use Big Dipper. I have tried 40 degree and 38 degree. It is just not for me.

I have Big Dipper 38 degree on the forehand side, and AK47 blues on the backhand side on a carbon blade right now. I will play with it again a couple more times. After that, it will be time for me to transfer them to a spare all wood blade.

I really think the OP can give a cheap tensor a shot and see if he or she likes it or not. I like tensor on my backhand. After all, we should only buy equipments that we enjoy. We are here to have fun with ping pon.

Reactions: mocker88
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
LAC would not be cheaper than B2 gold from most shops I know, including aliexpress.
That's why I have not bought a sheet of LAC to EJ. This sheet of Battle II provincial blue sponge is my last EJ into Chinese rubber. No more. I am sticking with H3 on the forehand side and soft ESN tensor on my backhand side. My EJ has been partially cured :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023

Those are good options and observation. Thanks

Tho not fan of Palio AK series

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Those are good options and observation. Thanks

Tho not fan of Palio AK series
I only tried Ak 47 blue which is not as fast as red. But really, I need the tensor on my backhand.

I can certainly see the appeal of the Chinese rubber. It is linear and you get more out of it, the harder you hit. And for goodness sake, I use Hurricane on my forehand.

However, my backhand is just not suited for Chinese rubber. I don't care if you stick CJ8000, Big Dipper, AK 47 blue/yellow/red there, it is just not going to work. I will just keep blocking the ball into the net.

We just have to admit all of us play table tennis differently. And we therefore would need to disagree on the types of rubber that is best for FH v.s. BH.

My forehand without the tackiness of hurricane feels very very weird. My backhand without the bouciness from Rakza 7 soft also feel very very odd. So there you go.