Rubber + Blade combination

YEO composition= Walnut-Spruce-Ayous-Spruce-Walnut

Rakza X= medium hardness rubber, with medium heavy weight and Yasaka claim that it has a balance of control,spin and speed

Walnut on the top ply might be hard but it does give a good power when hitting the ball, and Rakza X is just a medium hard rubber so I think that it will make a good combination since I heard that Yasaka Rakza series works well with Yasaka Blade c:

and the most important btw do you like it?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
The Euro is very nice to use, especially for my rbp. It's very easy to loop backspin but with the rakza, I can't do anything with it, Play too far away from the table, not enough power, play too close? Too much power with very little control. I think I should switch to a softer rubber. Considering even getting the euro for both sides. Also considering the acuda s2. How do yuou find the s2?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Stay with it if you like it and it feels good, everything is individual and I don't see any point in changing if you are happy with your setup.

Well, this would be sound advice if he sounded happy with his setup. But he gave every indication that he was not happy with it.

Here:

I have very mixed feelings about it, it's very difficult to loop from close/mid to the table, as I either give too much power and not enough spin or too much spin and an easy loop back with a lot of power.

.....but with the rakza, I can't do anything with it, Play too far away from the table, not enough power, play too close? Too much power with very little control. I think I should switch to a softer rubber.

So changing things makes sense. Omega V Europe and Pro are awesome. Vega Pro also has a ton of control. Vega Euro may be a bit slow but it is pretty good too. That actually might be great for RPB.

Hope you get that sorted out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cornel and BeGo
This user has no status.
The Euro is very nice to use, especially for my rbp. It's very easy to loop backspin but with the rakza, I can't do anything with it, Play too far away from the table, not enough power, play too close? Too much power with very little control. I think I should switch to a softer rubber. Considering even getting the euro for both sides. Also considering the acuda s2. How do yuou find the s2?

First of all, I will have to agree with what raazzz and Carl said, you like very much the Omega V Euro, so you should stick to it.

Then, when talking about the Acuda S2, it is a relatively soft rubber, it won't give you too much power when playing away from the table and neither a high arc. And also, I don't know how it will work on a YMLEO.

So, my advice is : try to twiddle your racket and use the Omega V Euro on your forehand, and, if you like it, just buy yourself another sheet of Omega V Euro.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
From what I've read, my impression is that the fh rubber might be too advanced at your current level.
I've heard people having mixed impressions on Rakza X and 9, I imagine Rakza 7 might (possibly or theoretically? :v) be a better choice for you...
Reviews can be found in several ways, when I want to find reviews I check out the Equipment Feed here, then on http://www.tabletennisdb.com/ if I am not content with my findings, I google it and hope for a forum review on either of the table tennis forums that exists. (on blades I also highly prefer knowing the composition, which helps a lot in understanding the feeling if you know a tiny bit about the different types of woods) Whereby I've shared my mixed findings on such here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...Composite-Types!&highlight=composite+material

Rakza X is said to be better for the new poly ball, but it requires a better technique because it's so hard. (at least harder than Rakza 7) and it might be best to get in the technique with Rakza 7, before you go up to Rakza X, if you're planing on mastering it.
Due if you're being passive because you're not confident in hitting, it could be a danger towards making process...
It's up to you, but a tips is that you should not be afraid of making several mistakes when trying to master such a rubber.
Better to shoot a clean confident shot into the net, than being passive to get it on the table!

It's also worth noting that rubbers with different qualities does take a longer time to master, as you need to be well knowing in your technique about the differences and takes a bit longer to get used to, than two of the same kind would, but for my own part I think different rubbers is a lot more fun, lol. I think this is why most of the chinese want the best Chinese tacky on fh, vs their fitted Tenergy on bh. Deadly when mastered.

Last edited:
From what I've read, my impression is that the fh rubber might be too advanced at your current level.
I've heard people having mixed impressions on Rakza X and 9, I imagine Rakza 7 might (possibly or theoretically? :v) be a better choice for you...
Reviews can be found in several ways, when I want to find reviews I check out the Equipment Feed here, then on http://www.tabletennisdb.com/ if I am not content with my findings, I google it and hope for a forum review on either of the table tennis forums that exists. (on blades I also highly prefer knowing the composition, which helps a lot in understanding the feeling if you know a tiny bit about the different types of woods) Whereby I've shared my mixed findings on such here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...Composite-Types!&highlight=composite+material

Rakza X is said to be better for the new poly ball, but it requires a better technique because it's so hard. (at least harder than Rakza 7) and it might be best to get in the technique with Rakza 7, before you go up to Rakza X, if you're planing on mastering it.
Due if you're being passive because you're not confident in hitting, it could be a danger towards making process...
It's up to you, but a tips is that you should not be afraid of making several mistakes when trying to master such a rubber.
Better to shoot a clean confident shot into the net, than being passive to get it on the table!

It's also worth noting that rubbers with different qualities does take a longer time to master, as you need to be well knowing in your technique about the differences and takes a bit longer to get used to, than two of the same kind would, but for my own part I think different rubbers is a lot more fun, lol. I think this is why most of the chinese want the best Chinese tacky on fh, vs their fitted Tenergy on bh. Deadly when mastered.

Yes I heard that rakza x is made for the new ball and rakza x has harder sponge and more heavy compare to rakza 7, I tried rakza x on My friend's TB ALC and I don't really like it

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
How bout Donic Blue P2 and Stiga Infinity? Ordered P2 from TTNPP.

I could understand a rubber sugestion (in which case you should sugest which rubber he should change and why your sugestion would be better..) but his blade is already good, no purpose in changing unless he wants other qualities in his blade, in which case he should first analyze what it is that he wants changed then ask for sugestions on that matter.
No offence intended, just sayin.

says @giangt Sadly, I don't know azlan. I left a message on...
Jun 2014
Read 3 reviews
Sorry, I think I confused you. I wasn't recommending any rubbers or blades or setups; I was asking if my new set up was decent or not. I should of opened an other thread but thought there would be more people here to reply to me more. ????

Sorry and my bad
Alan X

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Sorry, I think I confused you. I wasn't recommending any rubbers or blades or setups; I was asking if my new set up was decent or not. I should of opened an other thread but thought there would be more people here to reply to me more. ????

Sorry and my bad
Alan X
Oh I see, well then I misunderstood too then. I've not tried either rubber or blade, but I think P2 is good if you're nourishing your technuiqe and are not an advanced player yet but still intermediate or pro beginner lol. Imagine P1 being for when you feel you're ready to go up a notch. (I've tried bluefire jp 01-turbo and 03 and M1-turbo so I have a certain idea of how it behaves) the blade feel is normall a matter of preference and speed/control. Asuming you're an offencive to all round and not defender the blade is good I believe. (As long as plies don't elaminate lol) what concerns the Nittaku I don't know much about it. How it behaves compared to your P2. And wether it fits your technuiqe is a thing you have to find out personally I think.

Jun 2014
Read 3 reviews
Oh I see, well then I misunderstood too thIen. I've not tried either rubber or blade, but I think P2 is good if you're nourishing your technuiqe and are not an advanced player yet but still intermediate or pro beginner lol. Imagine P1 being for when you feel you're ready to go up a notch. (I've tried bluefire jp 01-turbo and 03 and M1-turbo so I have a certain idea of how it behaves) the blade feel is normall a matter of preference and speed/control. Asuming you're an offencive to all round and not defender the blade is good I believe. (As long as plies don't elaminate lol) what concerns the Nittaku I don't know much about it. How it behaves compared to your P2. And wether it fits your technuiqe is a thing you have to find out personally I think.

But is it weird that Bluefire M1 doesn't work well with Infinty?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
But is it weird that Bluefire M1 doesn't work well with Infinty?

Tbh, I have not tried Infinity Vps, the rubbers mentioned were tried on my hurricane Hao III (and some on Yasaka Silver Line Carbon) and it depends what you mean by, "doesn't work well"... I did not really like M1-Turbo (I liked it less than I liked jp-01 Turbo, which I obv liked, but a couple things I was not happy with lol) it might have been 5% faster, but every other aspect was worse compared to jp-01 Turbo imo, and I found Tenzone Ultra to be an even more perfected Jp-01 Turbo lol. Well close - med distance, Jp-01 Turbo was better from a far like 5-7m+ (not sure about exact numbers) if you'd want to keep looping, but even for lobbing I personally found Tenzone Ultra superior... (a shame Adidas is quiting now)
But what exactly are you struggling with? like, what kind of strokes are you having issues to conduct?
One thing I know I struggled with the M1 and Jp-01 Turbo was counter looping when the ball got heavy/fast top-spin.
It was so hard to prevent the ball from going too far while still going over the net lol, which is kind of alpha and omega in tt. I found this to be easier with Tenzone Ultra. It's speed levels on different gears were more predictable while it was still very good in the short game. Meanwhile the catapult effect in the bluefire was very hard to master/control.

Last edited: