Rubber Bubble

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
Hi. So i just got the rakza xx a few days ago and there seems to be slight, hardly noticeable bumps. Is this between the sponge and the blade and will go away if I reglue it again, or is it between the sponge and the rubber?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119_180505_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240119_180505_WhatsApp.jpg
    569.3 KB · Views: 95
It could be a speck of something that was present at the time of gluing. It is definitely NOT between sponge and rubber. This happens to me when I don't spread the rubber evenly or even if the layer is too thick.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: sawbz
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
ignore the crack, the glue will take care of it.
As for the bubbles, let's hope that Turbozed and Lazer are correct and then of course it will all be good after re gluing.
Better than the other possibility. i noticed that the rubber has the signs of being boosted and
bubbles can happen when the booster layers have been applied to fat and booster has seeped right through the sponge and has the time to weaken the glue bond between top rubber and sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
ignore the crack, the glue will take care of it.
As for the bubbles, let's hope that Turbozed and Lazer are correct and then of course it will all be good after re gluing.
Better than the other possibility. i noticed that the rubber has the signs of being boosted and
bubbles can happen when the booster layers have been applied to fat and booster has seeped right through the sponge and has the time to weaken the glue bond between top rubber and sponge.
hey, so I reglued it now but the slight bubbles in the middle part remained. The one in the middle was visible even when the rubber was detached from the blade. And no I have not boosted my rubbers, directly applied them after opening them from a sealed pack. Honestly I'm so confused it's the first time I've experienced something like this.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
hey, so I reglued it now but the slight bubbles in the middle part remained. The one in the middle was visible even when the rubber was detached from the blade. And no I have not boosted my rubbers, directly applied them after opening them from a sealed pack. Honestly I'm so confused it's the first time I've experienced something like this.
So do you think now that there is an air bubble between the top rubber and the sponge ?????

Re. boosting. One of the signs that a rubber has been boosted is that the pimples seem to "kinda" show through the top of the rubber. I only ever owned one of these Rakza rubbers and can not remember how they look. Maybe they are boosted at the factory as part of the manufacturing process ????

There was a big "trara" in the Thread here about Loki Arthur China because some guys ended up with similar bubble problems.
Are you a player who likes to hit real hard FH- shots ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
So do you think now that there is an air bubble between the top rubber and the sponge ?????

Re. boosting. One of the signs that a rubber has been boosted is that the pimples seem to "kinda" show through the top of the rubber. I only ever owned one of these Rakza rubbers and can not remember how they look. Maybe they are boosted at the factory as part of the manufacturing process ????

There was a big "trara" in the Thread here about Loki Arthur China because some guys ended up with similar bubble problems.
Are you a player who likes to hit real hard FH- shots ?
I don't feel like rubber and the sponge have detached at all but apart from that the rubber isn't 100% even in the middle. As for the pimples yeah they're visible. And to answer your question i do hit really hard forehand topspins and slaps. Maybe it will go away after a week or so?

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Hi, people

Please be aware of the non standard topsheets, a permanent combination of 2 rubber layers bonded together.
H35VkS8bV2M.jpg
729_not_approved.jpg

Last edited: