What's a better backhand rubber than G1 that's not Dignics?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
As in title. I play close to the table and I'm finding that my backhand shots with G1 on Viscaria lack power. Part of that is technique which I've been working on but when I borrow my friend's Dignics rackets the difference is immediately noticeable. I'm still not ready to commit to Dignics because I don't want to get hooked on it but my game can definitely benefit from a bit more umph.

I've been told that Rakza Z/X/7 are all similar to G1 so there's no point switching. Does anyone know of an in between rubber that I can try out, or should I just go for Dignics?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
As in title. I play close to the table and I'm finding that my backhand shots with G1 on Viscaria lack power. Part of that is technique which I've been working on but when I borrow my friend's Dignics rackets the difference is immediately noticeable. I'm still not ready to commit to Dignics because I don't want to get hooked on it but my game can definitely benefit from a bit more umph.

I've been told that Rakza Z/X/7 are all similar to G1 so there's no point switching. Does anyone know of an in between rubber that I can try out, or should I just go for Dignics?
You are looking for more ummph, right?
G1 lacks power? G1 needs you to do some work. I know I know, why do work when equipment can assist right? Fortunately you are in luck as there are equipment that can assist.

1.Donic Bluestorm Z1
2. MXP the grandfather / original super bouncy rubber.
3. Gewo Super select 48

all the above are super bouncy rubber ( that I have personally used before ) that will assist with power generation. They have very thick bouncy sponger with thin tops sheet just for that extra ummph!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

I used G-1 for many years on a wood blade. It gives enough power. It is very linear. It does not have that much catapult effect.

I don't know who has been telling you that Rakza Z/X/7 are all similar. First of all, Rakza Z is a hybrid rubber while X and 7 are not. Rakza Z is somewhat slow without much catapult. Z is just not in the same group with X and 7.

Rakza X and Rakza 7 are similar. X is a bit faster than 7. You can try Rakza X if you would like. It has more catapult effect than G-1.

I like the MX-P suggestion. Personally I like MX-S over MX-P. The revolution series has more catapult effect than other similarly priced ESN rubbers.

If you are not ready for the price of Dignics, you are not ready for the price of Tenergy either.

Donic BlueFire M1 can also be considered.

In the Xiom Vega series, Pro and X can be considered but I think both of them would be too slow for your liking.

I don't like the Rasanter R series. I don't use Joola rubber. Gewo and Victas in general would not have as much catapult effects to your liking.

So there you go: Rakza X, MX-S/MX-P, and BlueFire M1.

Any ESN rubber above $50, I am not familiar with. I just refuse to go above that price point.

Reactions: TT Lover
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I'm reading much here that runs counter to my experience; but then, so does the OP's question. G1 has plenty of power to offer, with a very high top end. I would say, higher top-end power than T19, Vega X and Pro.

Then again, I always like highly bouncy rubbers at first, but shy away from them after a short while; I think predictability is a must have property, at least at my level.

That said, Rasanter R53 and DHS Gold Arc 8 (at 50º) may be of interest. At some points of the engagement curve, they do yield more power than G1 does.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
You know . . . . . many people use G1 on FH because it's a powerful rubber.
You got it all wrong! It is a powerful rubber if you do work. If you are those who are dislike work but still want the ball to travel Mach 2.5, all hope is not lost. Thanks to ESN the beloved supplier of godly equipment for mere mortals.

• Haha
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I used G-1 for many years on a wood blade. It gives enough power. It is very linear. It does not have that much catapult effect.

I don't know who has been telling you that Rakza Z/X/7 are all similar. First of all, Rakza Z is a hybrid rubber while X and 7 are not. Rakza Z is somewhat slow without much catapult. Z is just not in the same group with X and 7.

Rakza X and Rakza 7 are similar. X is a bit faster than 7. You can try Rakza X if you would like. It has more catapult effect than G-1.

I like the MX-P suggestion. Personally I like MX-S over MX-P. The revolution series has more catapult effect than other similarly priced ESN rubbers.

If you are not ready for the price of Dignics, you are not ready for the price of Tenergy either.

Donic BlueFire M1 can also be considered.

In the Xiom Vega series, Pro and X can be considered but I think both of them would be too slow for your liking.

I don't like the Rasanter R series. I don't use Joola rubber. Gewo and Victas in general would not have as much catapult effects to your liking.

So there you go: Rakza X, MX-S/MX-P, and BlueFire M1.

Any ESN rubber above $50, I am not familiar with. I just refuse to go above that price point.
Vega Pro is much faster on backhand than Fastarс G1...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023

What thickness is your Fastarc? Have you re-glued this lately? I noticed that over time, speed and productivity drop. It is necessary to re-glue the rubber at least once every two months, this helps a lot.

G-1 close to the table is more than sufficient on the BH.Having slightly less trampoline effect can be beneficial as it makes it easier to apply more of your own force to the ball.Resist the urge to change before your technique is adequately developed. Even if you change in time,you'll still get more out of the new rubber as your technique would more refined.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
What thickness is your Fastarc? Have you re-glued this lately? I noticed that over time, speed and productivity drop. It is necessary to re-glue the rubber at least once every two months, this helps a lot.
I believe it's max thickness, although the site I ordered from did screw up the forehand rubber thickness lol so maybe I got 2.0 for G1 as well. Yes, regluing definitely brought it back to life. To everyone else, I've stuck with G1 for a pretty long time and I'm unlocking new gears over the past few months of more intense training but it does feel like a slightly stronger rubber will solve a lot of the problems I'm facing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
I believe it's max thickness, although the site I ordered from did screw up the forehand rubber thickness lol so maybe I got 2.0 for G1 as well. Yes, regluing definitely brought it back to life. To everyone else, I've stuck with G1 for a pretty long time and I'm unlocking new gears over the past few months of more intense training but it does feel like a slightly stronger rubber will solve a lot of the problems I'm facing.
I just now took a closer look at your equipment and realized that you play forehand with pimples. Then this explains a lot. The lack of power is most likely not caused by Fastarc, but by the overall weight and balance of the racket. With a light racquet with a low center of gravity, it is very difficult to put force into the blow. You can draw a hyper-torphic analogy with hammering nails with the handle of a hammer, holding the metal head with your hand.
What is the total weight of your racket?

A natural move from G1 is to Hammond Z2 - more speed, spin and catapult (and still good control) this is my BH rubber of choice.
I Agree 100%, but it’s a little bit expensive, I’m waiting for a sale…

Cheers
L-zr

I feel like Z2 is more like Dignics 64. It somehow shoots quite straight and low
I find it’s like a tuned down T05.
Less speed, less spin and more control (sorry BB).

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
I just now took a closer look at your equipment and realized that you play forehand with pimples. Then this explains a lot. The lack of power is most likely not caused by Fastarc, but by the overall weight and balance of the racket. With a light racquet with a low center of gravity, it is very difficult to put force into the blow. You can draw a hyper-torphic analogy with hammering nails with the handle of a hammer, holding the metal head with your hand.
What is the total weight of your racket?
^^ this