Rubbers For a Timo Boll Spirit

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Any recommendations of what rubbers suit a TBS blade?

Are you saying MX-P don't? What type of change do you want? They are great rubbers.
Edit: Lol, posted with seeing the first post.
Anyhow, still, what difference are you looking for?

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Just would like to try something different maybe something slightly softer

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hmmm, Well, if something slightly softer is all you want, you could go for the Tibhar Evolution EL-P.
If you want a different brand, Adidas Tenzone Ultra is highly recomendable, only drawback is that Adidas is quitting table tennis at the end of this year. (though the rubbers can be used in competitions to 2017.
Any specific brand you want to buy from? Obv you could give Tenergy 05 a try too.. but I personally don't think it's worth the money vs tibhar.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I'm open to suggestions,
what makes you like Adidas Tenzone Ultra?

I made a review here (Kaizoku)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/7861-tenzone-ultra
I had formerly used Jp-01 Turbo/jp-03. Which I believe a lot of people could highly likely sugest, but I felt Tenzone Ultra was superior on the most important aspects. I have MX-P as my fh rubber right now, I updated it to day, since I put it on yesterday, but I've not yet had the opertunity to play with it. I've had Tenzone Ultra on my racket for 2-3 months, and I've loved it.

But, As mentioned Adidas will quit producing tt gears soon. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about evolution Mx-P as well as the fact they are a tiny bit cheaper than tenzone ultra + the place i bought it from is not selling it anymore :/
They sell it at megaspin, but, I believe the shipping cost was pretty high there... Therefore I bought a MX-P.
But Tenzone Ultra will always hold a special place in my heart.

EDIT:
Actually, http://www.tabletennis-sport.com/en/tenzone-ultra.html does seem like a promising deal, + 13 Euro shipping price = 38 euro
+ if you buy for over 100 euro you get free shipping, that's pretty much though lol.
So after I've used the MX-P for a while I will examine wether I liked it or Tenzone Ultra better. Then I could always come back there. :eek:
That is considering they have items left in stock... only Black sheets in 2mm left of Tenzone Ultra. (which is what I would get too) but yea.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I made a review here (Kaizoku)
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/7861-tenzone-ultra
I had formerly used Jp-01 Turbo/jp-03. Which I believe a lot of people could highly likely sugest, but I felt Tenzone Ultra was superior on the most important aspects. I have MX-P as my fh rubber right now, I updated it to day, since I put it on yesterday, but I've not yet had the opertunity to play with it. I've had Tenzone Ultra on my racket for 2-3 months, and I've loved it.

But, As mentioned Adidas will quit producing tt gears soon. I've been hearing a lot of good stuff about evolution Mx-P as well as the fact they are a tiny bit cheaper than tenzone ultra + the place i bought it from is not selling it anymore :/
They sell it at megaspin, but, I believe the shipping cost was pretty high there... Therefore I bought a MX-P.
But Tenzone Ultra will always hold a special place in my heart.

EDIT:
Actually, http://www.tabletennis-sport.com/en/tenzone-ultra.html does seem like a promising deal, + 13 Euro shipping price = 38 euro
+ if you buy for over 100 euro you get free shipping, that's pretty much though lol.
So after I've used the MX-P for a while I will examine wether I liked it or Tenzone Ultra better. Then I could always come back there. :eek:
That is considering they have items left in stock... only Black sheets in 2mm left of Tenzone Ultra. (which is what I would get too) but yea.
Thanks for the advice

Reactions: Kaizoku
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am using Evolution MX-P and I have to say, it is pretty hard. I get wanting something softer. I love MX-P and am getting a lot of spin from it. But on the shots where I don't have big impact it is harder to execute the shots, the touch needs to be different. I am interested to see what Evo EL-P and FX-P feel like.

But a rubber that I recently used that was really good, not as hard and more forgiving, was Victas V>01 Stiff and Regular. Those are really good rubbers too. Also, they are much lighter than MX-P. So those might be an idea to try.

Sent from TheDepthsOfTartarus via TheHouseOfHades

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaizoku
This user has no status.
I am using Evolution MX-P and I have to say, it is pretty hard. I get wanting something softer. I love MX-P and am getting a lot of spin from it. But on the shots where I don't have big impact it harder to execute the shots, the touch needs to be different. I am interested to see what Evo EL-P and FX-P feel like.

But a rubber that I recently used that was really good, not as hard and more forgiving, was Victas V>01 Stiff and Regular. Those are really good rubbers too. Also, they are much lighter than MX-P. So those might be an idea to try.

Thanks for the advice

This user has no status.
Well, i am not sure if this is true, but some people say that rubbers from the same company as the blade brand tend to work the best. I am not sure about this though. If not, i recommend the xiom vega series as its really good. I really like Xiom vega europe.
I have used the Europe before and found it a tad slow have you perhaps used to the xiom Vega Pro?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, even though Vega Pro is not soft, it is much softer than Evolution MX-P.

But if you were looking for a rubber by Xiom that is top notch and on the soft side, Xiom Omega V Europe is awesome. Much faster than Vega Europe. Omega V Pro is also top quality. But Pro is better for forehand. Not as hard as MX-P, a medium hard sponge. Europe is medium soft.

I still like Victas a bit better than Omega V. It has a little more grab from the topsheet.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl would fall in ECSTASY PUPPY LUV if he used FX-P on hiz V+ blade, even if he DOES get hte spin he wants... FX-P is a whole new world of easy to make spin Carl never yet experienced.

I think you are right. But I also want to try the EL-P. So my next go around I think I will try EL-P on FH and FX-P on BH. If I don't like EL-P I can always put FX-P on both sides.

But truthfully, I am playing really well with MX-P on both sides. I just think I need to work harder to get the ball to penetrate into the sponge and the harder sponge probably has less feeling.

By the way, that Aurus felt really good on the Kim Jung Hoon blade. It felt better on that than it felt on a few of the other blades I had tried it on. That is a good combination.

Last edited: