SANWEI new type all wood blade — Echo and Parla

This user has no status.
Hello. I used to have old Sanwei Fextra 7 with ST handle (the black and pinkish red handle). Is parla handle exactly the same in size as sanwei fextra? Or is it different? Can I get size/dimensions please?

and how does V5 pro compare to Parla?
This is the ST handle size of SANWEI Fextra 7.
Fextra 7 长度.jpg

Fextra 7 纵向宽度.jpg

Fextra7 宽度.jpg

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
Hello. I used to have old Sanwei Fextra 7 with ST handle (the black and pinkish red handle). Is parla handle exactly the same in size as sanwei fextra? Or is it different? Can I get size/dimensions please?

and how does V5 pro compare to Parla?
This is the ST handle size of Parla:
Parla 长度.jpg
Parla横向宽度.jpg
Parla纵宽度.jpg

As you can see, Parla's ST handle‘s Longitudinal width is thinner than the V5 Pro.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
This user has no status.
Hello dear,

Please allow me to answer your second question first:

How does V5 pro compare to Parla?

The structure of V5 Pro is Ash- Ayous- Basswood- Kiri core
The structure of Parla is limba- Ayous -Ayous-Ayous core

Parla is designed to make more effective spin and looping, the seven-layer Unequal thickness structure makes it more offensive.
V5 Pro is designed for
rapid strikes, we chose the low-density and lightweight material specially, making it easy for the user to strike the attack they want.
so which one will be stiffer and which one will be faster? V5 or Parla?

Also, another question, what is blade structure for Sanwei Defence Alpha? Is the blade stiff or soft and flexy?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
so which one will be stiffer and which one will be faster? V5 or Parla?

Also, another question, what is blade structure for Sanwei Defence Alpha? Is the blade stiff or soft and flexy?
Parla 丝印.png is designed for looping and control, so it can't be very fast and stiff.

V5 Pro is an all-wood blade designed for quick attack. So the weight of it is very light, stiff and fast in all wood blades.

The structure of Defence Alpha is Limba surface- Ayous- technical wood. It's a little stiff blade but not very elastic.

It should be noted that what is special about this blade is that the wood fibers of our large core run longitudinally instead of in the traditional transverse direction. The purpose of this treatment is to provide better support and vibration. This will be helpful if you are a long pimple user or chopper.

Last edited:
Reactions: h3llary