This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Well-Known Member
Usually Sergio includes a balance measurement, which is taken from the rubber end of the handle upwards. You can get a good idea by trying to balance one of your own blades (without rubbers on) on the tip of a finger, I have used a thin bolt before for slightly better accuracy.Can you elaborate on the balance?
I value actually the grip and balance over the playing characteristics first. Had too many good blades play really great, but that I don't want to use because it always slightly feeling off.
Personally, anything with a balance of roughly 3cm and lower feels balanced, under about 2.5cm it starts feeling predominantly handle heavy.
Lighter blades will experience more of a balance shift when applying rubbers, same goes for larger defensive blades.
Lighter rubber does bring balance back down, but it's a few mm at most when changing inverted for inverted. Changing to thin or no sponge, with pimples for example, has a larger effect. I have not measured this but estimate a full centimeter can be attained.