Searching for new blade

This user has no status.
Maybe just go with an intermediate blade paired with Tensor rubber for intermediate players?

Blade:
Xiom Offensive S
Stiga Azalea Offensive

Rubber:
Xiom Vega X (or Vega Asia DF)
Andro Hexer Grip (45 degree sponge like Rhyzm-P, but a little more modern)
Rozena

(I don’t know your style or skill level, so “intermediate” sounds like a safe choice)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I'm not a beginner. I've been playing for about 4-5 years. Not a pro though. Just want to find something I can stick with already. Korbel SK7 doesn't have really good reviews on control and feel.
My dad had an old stiga blade and he put on the rhyzm I had before. It feels almost what I'm looking for. Can someone tell me what kind of wood is this? Doesn't have anything written on it. I see it is 7 ply all wood.

Basswood.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
So I went with the Offensive S and Vega X (2mm) combo. Fro the price, it is an awesome racket! Before I played JOOLA K7 and Butterfly Grubba Carbon ALL+, and wow, how huge difference in the feel. You can really feel the ball with this blade. It is pretty fast, not a rocker laucnher but for my level it is enough. Probably with max sponge or even a faster rubber it could achieve a lot more speed. I really love the feel of it, and my shot are a lot more precise. Much easier to place the ball. I've gotten it with an anatomic handle, and paying some other blades in the club maybe I should've gone with straight. I used flared before, still the anatomical feels better in my hand than flared. Maybe next time I'll try a straight version, it is a pretty cheap blade I think compared to how finely it is crafted and how amazing it feels. The negatives: the wings were pretty sharp so it needed a tiny bit of sanding because it hurt my hand. Also I noticed how bad I'm hitting the ball. It doesn't have a big sweet spot as a carbon blade so you have to really focus on how well you are hitting the ball, but it's probably better if you are developing your technic. All in all, I'm pretty happy with my racket right now for the low price I've payed for it. Maybe I will never go back to carbon blades, who knows, only if I could find one that feels close to this one.