Cybershape Carbon

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2023
Hello there! Got myself a new blade with the same rubbers. Previously had fan zhendong alc, now playing with cybershape carbon. Watched ttd's review of the cybershape with truls and saw they have it less speed than fan zhendong's alc. However, after playing with it for 3 sessions now i can't help but feel the cybershape carbon is much speedier. Can see it on loop to loops and also on service - long fast service with this blade is much quicker. All this doesn't make much sense i guess though.. since its inner carbon , so should be slower you would think. Am i wrong here?
Another thing is they gave the blade more points on control but less on service return? How could it have more control during points but be harder to receive with it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
I've compared to a couple of Viscarias (one heavier than the CSC, one lighter) and I agree with you. The CSC is a faster and stiffer blade. Even if it's inner carbon it's thicker and the carbon is different. Feels harder as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
So my opinion may be different as i really like it :)
The cybershape is stiffer than a typical inner carbon - thats why i use it. recently I have paired it with softer rubbers (not updated in my profile yet) and that combinations has given me the best set of results and clear improvement with my coach. I think equally they are a bit lighter in weight so the balance felt better. I imagine with 09c its going to be quite a heavy setup?

It does take some getting used too - the first few sessions I really wasn't liking it, but then something clicked and it has great 'feeling' for me, touch shots and those out of position shots. I think keep with it, then maybe try so softer rubbers to help if not?
I feel overall I can see why you think its faster - but I genuinely think its slower than my other blades or maybe is more linear.

Last edited:
Reactions: exotick
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I have played with the Cybershape Carbon for two months. I have played with the Innerforce Layer ALC for three months. Both are innerforce type blades, but the Layer ALC felt much more flexible and Cybershape much more stiff and hard. It was hard to create good spin with, but Layer ALC was so spinny. Construction is one thing, other factors will determine the blade too, like the plies, their thickness, gluing process, the carbon, plies hardness, etc. Not matter Cybershape is innerforce type blade, it is still pretty stiff and hard.

Reactions: Luigiii
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
I have played with the Cybershape Carbon for two months. I have played with the Innerforce Layer ALC for three months. Both are innerforce type blades, but the Layer ALC felt much more flexible and Cybershape much more stiff and hard. It was hard to create good spin with, but Layer ALC was so spinny. Construction is one thing, other factors will determine the blade too, like the plies, their thickness, gluing process, the carbon, plies hardness, etc. Not matter Cybershape is innerforce type blade, it is still pretty stiff and hard.
So in the end which one did you prefer?

Advantages of cybershape carbon and drawbacks?
Advantages of innerforce alc and drawbacks?

With my innerforce against some stronger opponents it lacks power in smaller swings, could cybershape be better for that? Or even being better it loses the feel, control and dwell too much because of being harder?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
ttgearlabs also measures cybershape carbon higher than the butterfly outer-ALC blades
Yes it’s a great site!! They say it’s faster than innerforce but with deep hold too, seems great. The koto outer maybe be a bit worse to loop the first ball and a bit better to block?

I read too many reviews that say cybershape it’s not so good to loop, better to block and hit.

I’ve tried Tibhar Nuytinck ZC (similar to Mizutani ZLC) and liked it, it’s Limba-ZC outer composition, more direct faster and less arc then the innerforce, loose some control but seemed manageable.

I’ll try cybershape cwt next month but after some video reviews and online reading I’m not completely sure of what to expect!?!

Also, revspin data is too erratic for me to get a better idea, so would like some info here from Cyber carbon users that may be more specific/complete.

This user has no status.
it is a very fast balde,i have a SDC Hexshape with outer Spectra (Dyneeema) and Walnut outer ply,but the core is 3x Ayous.
But this blade is also fast altough not as the Original,CSC ,i only played it for a few seconds,but to be honest the poster before me said it right,you have to get accustomed to the shape and its aerodynamics too.
For Punchblock and flathits it is a monster,topspin not so much although you get used to it.
You have to think you played probably your whole career with the normal shapes,and the Stiga since the WRB and its nano composites have gone crazier and Crazier with their Speed.at least that was my opinion,and the CSC is the culmination of it,its definitely not easy to use or even try to master...
Don´t give up,train the impact and the mechanics and you will be surprised which is possible with that blade.
I had the Hammond Z2 on it and it was quite another level considering the usual 47,5° standard Tensors.
Maybe if it is too fast go down on the Hardness or go all out and just hit the shit out of balls into the inner sphere,lol.
GL!

This user has no status.
Both and its to Fast,and SDC @hipnotic builds awesome blades.
Dyneema or Spectra has its own properties as Fabric.
The original Idea was a Barwell Fleet Clone,cause i play an Handle,which you can cross out 75% of all the newer Blades instantaniously.
I also had Blade Builders on the radar since i started again,back when i played in somehat provincial team (Stützpunkt-Training in germany) it wasn´t on the radar.
So now i have the oportunity to test some blades,wood,fabrics etc i will live it out.
My new Blade will be with Hinoki and the Bluestar A1 ,i just have to get back in shape after a new injury and i am impressed with Hinoki and a "hybrid" like the Bluestar A1.
I also played the Hexshape with the Hammond Z2 but that is also a very fast setup,but worked quite well for me on Bh with punchblock,conter,etc but banana flicks where a bit hard with that shape on bh.
Got lot of speed but lesss spin on bh topspins.
Well the classic Ej after the Hiatus,but it slows down ,there are so many good blade manufacturers out there,Like the Vodak Horasi Entech which is a also Blade i will keep an eye on.
Long story short,i want to have fun and now i have more insight into testeritis but also more with modern materials and rubbers and the combination of those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Amazon.com is selling the Cybershape Carbon for $140 from Japan. I just got one and it looks pretty legit.
Even so, I’m from Europe, plus taxes would be close to the same price. Got one Cybershape carbon CWT second hand with rubbers for a nice value. Just waiting now.

Do you play with one too? With what did you play previously and differences?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Even so, I’m from Europe, plus taxes would be close to the same price. Got one Cybershape carbon CWT second hand with rubbers for a nice value. Just waiting now.

Do you play with one too? With what did you play previously and differences?
Yes, I play with one now. I mostly used a Joola Trinity before switching. The Cybershape blocks a bit better and I liked it for my playing style. I want to try Hurricane on it now and see how that goes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2021
Read 1 reviews
Yes, I play with one now. I mostly used a Joola Trinity before switching. The Cybershape blocks a bit better and I liked it for my playing style. I want to try Hurricane on it now and see how that goes.
Oh cool, I played trinity but wasn’t my thing. To me didn’t felt very crispy overall. I liked the Limba feel tough.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
So in the end which one did you prefer?

Advantages of cybershape carbon and drawbacks?
Advantages of innerforce alc and drawbacks?

With my innerforce against some stronger opponents it lacks power in smaller swings, could cybershape be better for that? Or even being better it loses the feel, control and dwell too much because of being harder?
The Cybershape Carbon is faster and stiffer. Due to the stiffness it is a good blade for flantis. The speed is a little too high, sometimes hard to control during passive strokes. It has a relatively low dwell time and a little hard to make good spin with it.
The Innerforce Layer ALC has a lower speed, higher control and higher dwell time. I liked the feeling and stabilty it gave me. For a spin-based game, it is much better than the Cybershape, but you also sacrifice some speed (not too much).