Sergey Tsos wins CDNF 2023 - JSlick89 bosses sum Singles

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Sergey dun did it again with another CDNF Teams title. His team had Johnny be-Good Yam and not much else for level, won every possible match they needed and got er dun.

My team had JSlick89 with some other friends... everyone paid, so everyone waz gunna play... and they all did. We won our 4 team group 3-0 to make the semis. JSlick89 get penciled in for Singles matches early to ensure he got match play... I penciled myself in for 5th match Singles in case it got there... and it never did. JSlick89 and our left handed LP Ukrainian friend Bohdan got singles wins to keep the old fart on the bench.

JSlick89 had some impressive rallies and one particular match where he had to dig deep and make it happen. He can come on the thread and articulate on this one.

Me and Ali, a guy near my age I coach, were a constant double pairing... as the match day went on, he saw more and more attackable balls and commenced to attacking... Ali came, he saw (a lot of his attacks for winners) and Ali conquered his way to the round of 8.

We ALL had bad bounces and got bounced from the tourney in round of 8, but saw the Tsos man Sergey Scoobie Doo (Aka the one who promises to register and talk about anything not H3 on TTD)... well that man put on sum shows for Ali who stayed to see it to the sweet end...

What waz Der_Echte doing... I waz under orders to GTFO the Facility ASAP or face additional fines and restrictions, so i did what a good man would do - get outta there promptly.

All in all, we all formed teams of friends, go to compete together, saw a lot of good success, had a lot to look upon as very favorable progress, and things be looking encouraging in the near and mid future.

FB_IMG_1697344014346.jpg

CDNF2023 - 1.jpg

CDNF2023 - 2.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
THat was a stacked team for TSOS. I feel like it's unfair for him and JOhnny to be on the same team LOL.

Either way, we had a fun time at the tournament! As Der stated, we rocked it in the group stage. Personally, I went 2-2 in my singles matches.

In my first match, I got down 0-5 in the decider, and I was able to keep strong mentally and come back to win it 12-10.

Then i played an older gentlemen who doesn't take more than two steps...he's rated above 1900. He kicked my ass lol. definitely need to be more decisive in my shots. and make him move around more. definitely some lessons learned.

In my 3rd match, it wasn't very close even though my opponent was a great power. He was a power looper on both wings. But on one of his awesome loops, i made an even more awesome block to his wide empty forehand and that was a shocker for him. Then a few points later, i did an even more impressive counter loop to his power loop and it was a clear winner. I think that really shook him to his core, and it was all downhill for him after that. I was making all sorts of pivots and loops making shots in an impressive fashion.

My 4th match was against James T. some of you might know him, but he's an unconventional player who has been known to cause trouble in the bay area to some kids who are rated over 2300. First game wasn't close. He was side spinning me off the table. But the second game I actually got him to game point but he ultimately ended up getting me in deuces 14-12 when i hit one his lob shots straight into the net (curse you hurricane 3!). I was making some shots that were really catching james off guard (and he's known for being able to return almost any shot).

Overall, it was a fun tournament. Shout out to DER for having me on his team and making those AWESOME shirts for us. Back to the training room. and learning how to smash balls with my hurricane 3 lol