Should I use a long pimple rubber? If so, which one?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Why do you want everyone to hate you? Actually like wtf?

Anyway, long pimples are definitely not lazy, especially if you are a chopper. It allows you to play somewhat passive, but the active game is always pays off more way more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Hello, I am gearing up for a competition in my school and to shock everyone (and make everyone hate me) I want to use a long pips rubber cos' nobody knows about it.
Also, its gonna be on tha fasting month so I want to be lazy.
Are long pips players actually lazy? Please tell me.
Yes, good idea if you want to mess with people.

Yinhe Neptune is pretty good and really cheap.

Dawei is pretty popular

How can you be so sure ?
What will you do if few other players have the same idea and show up with banned long pips ?

This is why I heard in Canada & Japan that only spinny smooth is allowed in age under 14 events.

I heard some cruise ships only allow rackets they give you on their tournaments. It could be a beat up low quality inverted racket or could be hardbat or even a plastic racket
My school is small so like 10 people will participate and all just buy premade rackets😉

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
You can buy the Dawei 388-D1 at Aliexpress (several stores) for about $10 (2-3. weeks delivery time). I would go with 0.8mm sponge. Also you may have to glue it yourself if you use the same blade. This is more difficult with OX. Now, the technique is actually very difficult because you miss the grip you get from top- or underspin. More likely than not you'll loose lots of games at the beginning because hobby players may not have good topspin either so this way they have a leg up.
I switched to long pips on one side and get a really good workout now (modern defense). But for that it took me 3 months with 2 hours/day on the machine to learn the 2 sets of techniques (with twiddling the racket). So this is actually more difficult to play than the two wing looper game. So looks like you are better off staying with two sides inverted.
Also people who known to play against long pips can take advantage of them (if you don't twiddle).

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Na, I will mainly just to make them hate me
It works completely different than a normal rubber, so get a yinhe neptune at ox and start practicing or you won't be able to do much. driving is either light chopping or lifting and blocking requires soft hand and pretty open bat angle.

Best of luck!

Reactions: Nifster
This user has no status.
Long pips aren't for lazy people. It's generally used by people with reduced mobility (in example elders). That's not the rule but it's very common. LPs allow for a defensive style that doesn't require much physical effort. My guess is that LPs are annoying also for the players themselves. I mean it's a passive approach to the game, your game depends on opponent's spin. The rubber "inverts" the spin, so a well trained opponent can choose what type of spin they want to receive next. As a LP player, you cannot do much. Your game is to make no mistakes, perhaps try to keep moving the opponent from one side of the table to the other and hope your opponent will conceed the point before you. Also very offensive opponents will tend to waste energy and feel tired sooner against a LP "wall" especially when you keep moving them left and right. However the trained opponent knows that they have to keep playing on the LP side, never use sidespin and put physical effort only into those balls that are too good for not being hit offensively. The trained opponent will alternate topspin and push, maybe the smarter one will fake a topspin or put little topspin in order to setup a second and heavier topspin. If you like that kind of approach go ahead. In my opinion is a loser approach, because the well trained player with inverted rubbers will have initiative and you will have to passively suffer a defeat because you have no weapon to counter. When it's due to physical impediment you may accept that passivity, when it's just a rubber choice you may not accept that. Also winning because better player is worth more than winning because richer player that can afford a better bat than other school mate. Go with the cheapest, oldest and dirtiest bat and win with that one, it's going to be a better lesson in life for everyone. However, to stick to your question, I know my (elder) mate loves the SpinLord DornenGlanz, he plays LP since ages.