Shouldn't Afghanistan be suspended from ITTF ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
Afghan women’s cricket team has fled & staying in Australia now

I read the following

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/64413037

If the situation has not changed, why is ICC allowing the Afghan men’s team was allowed to play in Men’s World Cup that is going on now ?

ITTF must be proactive & take the initiative & suspend Afghanistan from ITTF until IOC takes appropriate action by suspending Afghanistan from 2024 Paris Olympics

ITTF must also demand that all other sports associations such as FIFA & especially ICC, to also suspend Afghanistan mens’ teams

If suspensions do not work Afghanistan should be expelled after a certain period automatically

I heard cricket will become an Olympic sport in 2028 in Los Angeles. This should not be the case if ICC continue to allow Afghanistan men’s team to continue participation .

If sports is supposed to unite the people of the world , allowing subjugation of women obviously is not the way to do it.

If ITTF suspended Russia from ITTF, they also need to suspend Afghanistan. ITTF cannot play selective politics

Egyptian born Adham Sharara , the Chief of TTCanada & honorary ITTF President, must have acted on this long time ago, if not for the current women president of ITTF, Petra Sorling

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
The Afghan men team did not ask for their country to be usurped by the Taliban. Banning them is unproductive and hurting the athletes rather than the government.

Reactions: Ash0210
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
The Afghan men team did not ask for their country to be usurped by the Taliban. Banning them is unproductive and hurting the athletes rather than the government.
Even if your logic is correct (it is not) , it does not matter because one of the conditions made in 2017 for allowing men's team by ICC was for Afghanistan to also allow women's team. If Taliban wants to ban the women's team ONLY after 2021 , then ICC should not have allowed the men's team also & IOC should not allow men's team in 2024 or 2028 Olympics as well.
So are you saying that Afghan women should not be allowed to compete in international sport while men will be ? REALLY ?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
OP is long time forum troll Srinivas Janhardanan, aka Sjan (or last seen as James Z), using a new sock puppet account. This thread is just bait so he can flame

Reactions: JHB and longrange
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

I'm on the fence about this one. Totalitarian states definitely use sports to spread nationalism and maintain the legitimacy of their governments.

Russia and China have had elaborate government sponsored and directed doping programs for the Olympics and the IOC has done almost nothing about it (except for a slap on the wrist for Russia).

You can punish the government responsible for bad behavior by allowing the athlete to compete but under an independent or neutral flag. The reason why international sports organizations resist doing this is simply because they know who lines their pockets.

OP is correct that something should be done. But I don't agree that ITTF is in any place to lean on much more powerful orgs like FIFA or the IOC. That's a bit far fetched.

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
OP is long time forum troll Srinivas Janhardanan, aka Sjan (or last seen as James Z), using a new sock puppet account. This thread is just bait so he can flame
yeah the reply and putting words in peoples mouth is exactly what is going on here

I think OP is very ill-informed.
IOC suspends first, then the sport bodies.

Maybe if Afghan invades another country, then there is a similarity to Russia.
but Russian were long suspended (as a national federation) due to anti-doping issues

any ways, this is a TT forum, not a cricket forum
I wonder if Afghan TT players actually live in Afghan,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
OP is correct that something should be done. But I don't agree that ITTF is in any place to lean on much more powerful orgs like FIFA or the IOC. That's a bit far fetched.

Of course
ITTF follows IOC
the mother body acts first.

Unless ITTF MA breached any policies in the ITTF Constitution
Not sure what OP wants TTCanada to do about it lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
I think OP is very ill-informed.
IOC suspends first, then the sport bodies.
Not as uninformed as you.
There is no rule that says ITTF cannot suspend a National Affiliate first from its tabletennis events.
IOC does not suspend players from say WTT events. They only suspend a nation from Olympic participation
Your claim is absurdity to the extreme.

Maybe if Afghan invades another country, then there is a similarity to Russia.
but Russian were long suspended (as a national federation) due to anti-doping issues
This has zero relevance to the issue being discussed here.
any ways, this is a TT forum, not a cricket forum
I wonder if Afghan TT players actually live in Afghan,
This I have to agree with you. Yes ITTF should not suspend men players if Afghanistan will not allow women table tennis players go to the same events that Afghan men can go..
The cricket association (IOC) was really stupid to demand that Afghanistan must also send women's cricket teams fro international events . Never mind the fact that the Afghan women's cricket team has to flee to Australia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I'm torn on that. The taliban is terrible but table tennis is a very small sport in Afghanistan and banning them from it probably won't bother the taliban much, this isn't like a ban from soccer world cup or the Olympic games, where a ban is a huge embarrassment for the government.

That means banning Afghanistan from table tennis probably would totally eradicate an already small sport in Afghanistan and hurt a handful of players who have invested time and effort into becoming good players (or at least ok ones) without having a big positive effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Afghan women’s cricket team has fled & staying in Australia now

I read the following

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/64413037

If the situation has not changed, why is ICC allowing the Afghan men’s team was allowed to play in Men’s World Cup that is going on now ?

ITTF must be proactive & take the initiative & suspend Afghanistan from ITTF until IOC takes appropriate action by suspending Afghanistan from 2024 Paris Olympics

ITTF must also demand that all other sports associations such as FIFA & especially ICC, to also suspend Afghanistan mens’ teams

If suspensions do not work Afghanistan should be expelled after a certain period automatically

I heard cricket will become an Olympic sport in 2028 in Los Angeles. This should not be the case if ICC continue to allow Afghanistan men’s team to continue participation .

If sports is supposed to unite the people of the world , allowing subjugation of women obviously is not the way to do it.

If ITTF suspended Russia from ITTF, they also need to suspend Afghanistan. ITTF cannot play selective politics

Egyptian born Adham Sharara , the Chief of TTCanada & honorary ITTF President, must have acted on this long time ago, if not for the current women president of ITTF, Petra Sorling
I don't think theres any point in banning afghanistan from table tennis.
Irrespective of how big table tennis is in a country or the level of play of their players, I think a country's internal politics should not be a factor for other countries or sporting authorities to ban their participation in the sport.As for the comparison with russia, its ridiculous.Russia has waged war on a european country, both civilian and military personnel have been subject to death and destruction.Thats completely different from Afghanistan, their problems lie within their borders. Situation of their society will only improve with time, whether they allow female participation is a matter of their national interest and agenda, not ours nor anyone else's.I think we should just leave it at that and let the sport grow in a country which has ventured into the beautiful sport of table tennis.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012

Israel just killed Ittf official. How should ittf proceed now?

Reactions: Shine and Ash0210
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not as uninformed as you.
There is no rule that says ITTF cannot suspend a National Affiliate first from its tabletennis events.
IOC does not suspend players from say WTT events. They only suspend a nation from Olympic participation
Your claim is absurdity to the extreme.
well, then you need to advise MA to raise this issue to be tabled at an ITTF meeting.
It is no use doing that on TTD
This has zero relevance to the issue being discussed here.
yes it does, you comparing it to Russia and now it is zero relevance??

And did ITTF/IOC hurt Russia? somewhat. It is forcing the people within Russia to be unhappy with the gov.
Sports have a big fan base in Russia.

Will ITTF hurt Taliban? NO? Taliban can remove TT themselves, and I don't think they would care much of what people think of them.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019
one could of course ban all afghani male sport teams but allow all female teams to play 🤣
It's the world we live in.
Ban the men, and allow the women to "show" the dictators.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2019

Israel just killed Ittf official. How should ittf proceed now?
It was done for "shared values" братан.