Starting my Round Robin journey to improve my rating

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Hi MZ, back in the day, the laws of TT USED to call against these double hits, but more recent laws of TT state that now it must be an INTENTIONAL double strike.

How it is applied by umpires is that if there is a continuous swing and the ball his anywhere below the top of the wrist bone, the ball can strike say the side of finger and also then the racket. This would not be considered a double strike. Umpires look for the strike to be at wrist or below and a continuous swing.

I was about to point out the same thing, many don't believe me but I learned this at my FFTT umpire courses.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well done Michael!

Wait, you have 2 profiles?

We'll have to play sometime if you're in LA or I'm done in SD (which I might be beginning of April).
I think there is an issue with the website, but I cannot login to my old profile anymore.

So now I just created and started using this profile.

Yes! look forward to playing you sometime in the future

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

how do you know him?

Why doesn't Kou.....

Michael, I am sorry, but if these are both you and both the same person, I am going to have to ban one or the other of the accounts.

- What was your purpose for making a second account?

- Which account would you prefer to stay live?

Okay. Wait. I just saw this.

I think there is an issue with the website, but I cannot login to my old profile anymore.

So now I just created and started using this profile.

Yes! look forward to playing you sometime in the future

Alright. Is it that you forgot your password? Or....what do you think the issue is?

I will leave things. But if you start using both, I will have to make one go dark.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Michael, I am sorry, but if these are both you and both the same person, I am going to have to ban one or the other of the accounts. What was your purpose for making a second account?

I originally made an account just with the Facebook login. But on my smartphone, I couldn't login to my regular account, so I made this TensorBackhand account to follow threads on mobile device.

But since 2 days ago, I couldn't login on my regular account, so I started posting on this account. Do you know if anybody else is having issues logging into TTD with Facebook?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I originally made an account just with the Facebook login. But on my smartphone, I couldn't login to my regular account, so I made this TensorBackhand account to follow threads on mobile device.

But since 2 days ago, I couldn't login on my regular account, so I started posting on this account. Do you know if anybody else is having issues logging into TTD with Facebook?
Since it is an odd issue, just use this account going forward. I am sure it will be fine as long as this is now your account.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After several days of fairly intense table tennis practice, I'm feeling some tennis elbow today. I don't think I've ever gotten tennis elbow from table tennis before.

Anybody else experience this?

I think partly the issue is caused by my current BH rubber as well. I'm using the Presto Speed Max on BH right now, and it tends to shoot lower into the net. I have to brush up more on every shot to compensate for the low throwing angle, and I think that's putting extra strain on my elbow.

Last edited:
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
After several days of fairly intense table tennis practice, I'm feeling some tennis elbow today. I don't think I've ever gotten tennis elbow from table tennis before.

I think partly the issue is caused by my current BH rubber as well. I'm using the Presto Speed Max on BH right now, and it tends to shoot lower into the net. I have to brush up more on every shot to compensate for the low throwing angle, and I think that's putting extra strain on my elbow.
I did experience mild tennis elbow syndrome a week ago when I played four days back to back with two hours session each day. After not playing for a few days, the problem resolved itself spontaneously without any physio nor medication. I guess it is just your body telling you it need to rest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I get all sorts of random pains and aches. Icing really helps. Buy some of those gel ice packs from Amazon, they have high specific heat and stays cold very long. You ice the aching parts 15 mins or so at a time throughout the times when you're not playing, then put them back in the freezer afterwards. Also, you should look at your technique, I've developed many aches from poor technique before. Now I have a camera to record my practice sessions I've been correcting a lot of them and the pains and aches have gotten a lot better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I developed really severe tennis elbow about a year ago - it was so bad that I had to switch to playing with my other hand. I think my biggest mistake was to play through the pain, which really aggravated it. For some people, tennis elbow pain can last many months or even years - even with therapy.

Definitely recommend that you rest your playing hand for several days so that you don't aggravate it. Also, look up videos on YouTube on how to heal -- in short, 1) you should massage the area 2) do wrist extension and wrist flexion stretches 3) applying heat to the area also helps.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

I developed really severe tennis elbow about a year ago - it was so bad that I had to switch to playing with my other hand. I think my biggest mistake was to play through the pain, which really aggravated it. For some people, tennis elbow pain can last many months or even years - even with therapy.

Definitely recommend that you rest your playing hand for several days so that you don't aggravate it. Also, look up videos on YouTube on how to heal -- in short, 1) you should massage the area 2) do wrist extension and wrist flexion stretches 3) applying heat to the area also helps.

Apply heat or cold? I read that icing the elbow helps to reduce pain

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

I'm not really qualified to answer this accurately, but my physical therapist told me that icing helps in the early hours/days of the injury to reduce pain/inflammation, but applying heat is what speeds up the healing process by increasing blood flow to the injured region.

That's the common way to do it for sure. It's actually not very well studied, surprisingly. I've tried to look up some literature on ice vs heat for tendinitis and there just aren't much high quality data. I guess there isn't enough money in it.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

I’ve been suffering with it for a few months but am now back on top of it. I took a 2 week break and iced it lots before starting to strengthen the tendons - the two things helping me a lot were a “flex bar” to offer negative resistance and also a thick rubber band to put round all fingers / thumb to offer resistance vs opening my hand. I have worked up to (and am still doing) 20-30 sets of 15 through each day

look both of these up : https://www.physioparts.co.uk/thera...MIrKXM0tHA_AIVRuvtCh1HvgjIEAQYASABEgJ1QvD_BwE

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154378144022

I think the key is re-balancing the tendons in the forearm.

Good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Well I was struggling with backhand rallies with the Presto Speed on my bh. It would throw a little low and my regular bh drive would often land in the net. I had trouble controlling rallies and setting up points. But the one thing is it could lift underspin and loop well.

Today i looked for a solution and tried Loki T3 on backhand. It was WAY better at topspin-topspin rallies, blocking, smashing, controlling rallies and setting up points. But T3 has the opposite problem. The surface is matte and not so grippy. It struggles badly to lift underspin. I hit so many backhand loops into the net today.

So its a Tale of Two Rubbers, each the opposite of each other. Frustrating problem to have.