STIGA Airoc Medium Rubber Review

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Thanks for your review @yogi_bear very nice in-depth indeed. We have similar findings.

Thanks for again a great review.

It seems that this rubber is very reactive to incoming spin or it lacks control. I noticed more errors made by both of you compared to previous reviews.
Is the hardness of the topsheet comparable to for example BF M1 or M2?

That's okay :)

It was reactive, just need the right timing on the ball. I think we were both impressed with how much spin we could produce. I found the topsheet fairly similar to the M2, however this Airoc surface is very unique. I can't think of anything quite like it. It has a shiny look but with good grip. I think it's quite hard, very good quality rubber and sponge.

Awesome review by TTD and yogi_bear! One request to you guys is also to explain that what kind of blades are best suited for the rubbers you review.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Yeah in the future we will look to do this more, in the review we just tried to focus on the rubber at hand so users didn't get to confused. But yes I will mention and compare some blades in the near future within the reviews :)

As the rubber is designed with poly ball in mind and there is no mention of ball used in the review so I guess it is still old celluloid. Results may be different using the new ball.

I have it as RPB on Intensity carbon. Somehow I found it having a higher throw than JP01 Turbo on FH, which suits the lower bounce new ball pretty well. Could it be that the blade + rubber combination cause the medium low throw in the review?

And great shot at 6:33 Dan, Wow!

Yeah that is a good point. I actually felt I had slightly more arc with Tom's blade he was using the Hybrid Wood NCT. So yes I think different blades would alter this. Perhaps blades that are slightly less stiff would help produce more arc.

Haha my back shot! :D I practice that to much now, it's becoming one of my normal shots haha!

Is the serve goes spinny with this rubber?

Yes the rubber is good in the short game, the ball grips well producing good spin on serves and pushes. It has quite a soft feel on the serve you can feel the ball well.

Have you guys used the poly ball in the reveiws since the poly ball review or are you still using the celluliod ball on these reviews?

Any chance you guys could see how this rubber plays with the new poly ball seamed? Just curious if this is a "new" generation rubber for poly ball or if it's still designed for the celluloid?

Good Review Dan, did you use to poly ball ?

Hey guys, I should have mentioned I completely forgot. We had to use the celluloid ball as we have no poly balls at the moment. When we review the Airoc Soft version we will use poly balls.

This user has no status.
Hi guys.

Yesterday i have played for 2 hours with Airoc M rubbers. They are "sitting" in Rosewood VII and we used Poly Balls from Tibhar. I haven't played with too many rubbers and also did not had chance to test so many rubbers, but i have owned before Calibra LT and Tour M. I can say that this rubber is fastest from rubbers before, it has good control (although it is fast rubber) and has very good spin.

Tried to play with both types of balls, and i can say that with this rubbers using poly balls you feel the game little bit more. Maybe it is just our impression (mine and my friends).

I am not going to talk about other rubbers but anyway I did not notice any difference comparing to tenergy 05 (from my friends blade). I think that these rubbers are not identical but they are quite similar. Maybe i am little bit subjective since i love STIGA products :eek:.

Anyway, I had this rubbers a week ago, but yesterday was my first day playing with them. Lets see what will be on next days.

Regards from Prishtina (Kosovo)

Reactions: Rajah* and Dan

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan how long till you make the video review of the Airoc S?

Hey @NDragon,

Around 1 week :) We reviewed the rubber today, we found it very good!

airocsoft.jpg

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...
The rubber looks inconsistent to me

Yeah. Think so too. And Stiga-rubbers almost always lacks in spin. Maybe not this, but coming from P7 i doubt it. Tried the Calibra Tour, but nothing for me. Stigas blades is the best, but the rubbers is not so good in my opinion. Except maybe Calibra Spin, Magna TX and Magna TC.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Couldn't give a brief comparison with the M quick could ya? :rolleyes:

Sure, I found the soft rubber to good arc on lower balls so I felt more confident in attacking shots. Good spin could be generated to, on opening up shots. Away from the table in rallies like topspin to topspin it is brilliant, I think the softer sponge gave greater control than the Medium version of the Airoc series.

The review will be out soon @NDragon :) Stay tuned.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Awesome review by TTD and yogi_bear! One request to you guys is also to explain that what kind of blades are best suited for the rubbers you review.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Good input! I'm using Emerald VPS V which i think is a great combination, although it would be great with some more alternatives :)