Stiga Catalogue 2014/2015 (Airoc, Emerald VPS V, Poly ball)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think they will be similar prices to the Calibra Tour..

If not, then its too expensive.
But then if it is the same price, then what makes Calibra Tour then....end of life range?
And all those before Calibra Tour too.... unless those will have a nice price gap and become cheap and affordable

Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Let's just be aware that the companies making the rubbers are mostly marketing companies. For example Adidas never made any decent table tennis equipment and suddenly apear on the market with some decent stuff, how is this possible ?
Well , Adidas just orders their rubbers at a company named ESN in Germany. They just asked to make some rubbers with Adidas logo's on them and now try to sell them at 40€/piece. (Production cost is estimatedly 1 to 2€ a piece guys !!!
We should try to find some cheap alternatives to these rip off rubber "manufacturers".
I have launched in the past the question which was the best ESN tensor rubber cheap (chinese) alternative , let's say something that plays like a Tibhar Genius or the like. We could all save a lot of money ( and play with a fresh rubber 2 to 3 times per season) instead of continuing to play with a pair of rubbers during a whole season.

Has anyone tried the Palio Hadou Biotech (or other Palio Biotech rubbers) ?? Any comparison with a tensor ???

I know the director in charge of Adidas table tennis.
I would agree that all companies are marketing companies, but your fact about Adidas as an OEM labeler is not true.
There are a lot of designs and testing invovled (R&D). Once approved, then they get send to the factories for production.
Other cost involved in the final product includes marketing budget, development budget, sponsorship budget, ITTF Fees/other federation approval Fees etc etc
(I am sure I have left out many more cost factors.)

Same applies for Butterfly, Stiga, Tibhar, Xiom etc.
The Chinese brands don't do marketing as much, really little sponsorship etc, so total cost of business is therefore lower too.

To answer your question on how this is possible for Adidas? Because they head hunt some top experts in the market to form the Adidas TT Team!
Its all business at the end of the day.

PS - I personally feel Adidas is too expensive.