Stiga Cybershape, is it good?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Today I tried out a new guy's cyberblade. It had H3 national on fh and D05 on bh.

Honestly it felt very very similar to my $11 Sanwei CC and im not even exaggerating. They have a similar construction so Im not surprised they feel similar. Cyberblade has a very soft feeling and what Gan calls a kinda "unclear" empty feeling. Honestly i didnt love the feeling.

Coincidentally i tested out haifu whale 2 on G1. Yes its voc and illegal, but it didnt have a bad effect. It seems to have slightly more catapult.

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Today I tried out a new guy's cyberblade. It had H3 national on fh and D05 on bh.

Honestly it felt very very similar to my $11 Sanwei CC and im not even exaggerating. They have a similar construction so Im not surprised they feel similar. Cyberblade has a very soft feeling and what Gan calls a kinda "unclear" empty feeling. Honestly i didnt love the feeling.

Coincidentally i tested out haifu whale 2 on G1. Yes its voc and illegal, but it didnt have a bad effect. It seems to have slightly more catapult.
In that case, @Andrea Jiang should reach out to Truls and try to sign him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Cybershape Carbon is based on the Stiga Inspira CCF. Unless you have used an Inspira (and I haven't), it is hard to tell what the CC brings that is special vs the Inspira CCF (some in my club have said that they prefer the Inspira in casual conversation but no one uses it regularly).

I play with the Cybershape Carbon and while I haven't fully resolved my pushing issues, I like what it does for my offense and will continue to use it for that. Will have to resolve the other issues with coaching and multiball. Good innerforce Koto blades are not common and this blade certainly qualifies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Cybershape Carbon is based on the Stiga Inspira CCF. Unless you have used an Inspira (and I haven't), it is hard to tell what the CC brings that is special vs the Inspira CCF (some in my club have said that they prefer the Inspira in casual conversation but no one uses it regularly).

I play with the Cybershape Carbon and while I haven't fully resolved my pushing issues, I like what it does for my offense and will continue to use it for that. Will have to resolve the other issues with coaching and multiball. Good innerforce Koto blades are not common and this blade certainly qualifies.
Oh really? is it a Koto blade? I would never have guessed. It has a very soft feeling to me.

I tried another guy's Tenergy on Innerforce ZLC, and I thought that one had a more normal crisp and balanced feeling.

Maybe you should spend $11 and just get a CC to see if it really feels so different from your Cybershape. I honestly don't like the feeling from either of them, but I accept it on the CC because it costs almost nothing. But I feel my Sanwei F3 Pro and Stuor Harimoto ZLC clone have much better vibration and hand feeling.

This user has no status.

Yeah, the cybershape doesn't have the feeling a inner carbon should have. I suppose a koto inner carbon is a bad idea as the ball reaches the koto, but not the carbon. Some people love it, some hate it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Oh really? is it a Koto blade? I would never have guessed. It has a very soft feeling to me.

I tried another guy's Tenergy on Innerforce ZLC, and I thought that one had a more normal crisp and balanced feeling.

Maybe you should spend $11 and just get a CC to see if it really feels so different from your Cybershape. I honestly don't like the feeling from either of them, but I accept it on the CC because it costs almost nothing. But I feel my Sanwei F3 Pro and Stuor Harimoto ZLC clone have much better vibration and hand feeling.
I have a $11 Sanwei due ot your recommendation. I have not put any rubbers on it because I am busy EJ'ing other things.

I tried a clubmates Stiga Cybershape paddle. The feeling is ok. Nothing special. Nothing too good or too bad about it. However, due to its angles, I find myself distracted and staring at the blade. So I quickly gave the blade back. I did not want to mess up my timing and all.

I am just not interested in Cybershape because there are so many composite paddles and rubbers I want to try and obviously those do not come in Cybershape so.....

on another hand, I thought Cybershape is "patent-pending" and stuff like that. Is the patent finally granted? I also know that if something is "intuitive", meaning an ordinary person can come up with that idea, then it cannot be patented, for obvious reasons.

I see some Cybershape cloneson Aliexpress but I have not had the urges to buy any of them for the reasons above. I like to EJ so regular blade shapes are good for that purpose.

Reactions: Andrea Jiang
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yeah, the cybershape doesn't have the feeling a inner carbon should have. I suppose a koto inner carbon is a bad idea as the ball reaches the koto, but not the carbon. Some people love it, some hate it.
I never thought that way. Would limba inner fibre blade be faster than koto inner fibre?

Because the carbon engages more easily?

says Looking for the BH killer shot
says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I never thought that way. Would limba inner fibre blade be faster than koto inner fibre?

Because the carbon engages more easily?
No. If the blade has the same structure/composition and "only" the top ply is Limba vs. Koto, the Koto blade would be minimal faster. At least it would feel like it is faster, because the Ball has less dwell time. I also find that Koto has a more distinct short vibration, when you hit the ball.

But back to topic. The biggest disadvantage of Cybersharpe for an EJ is that you can basically throw away all rubber you fittet for the Cybershape. There is almost no second market to get rubbers and no second market to sell them. Of course you can use normal shaped rubbers on a Cybershape to do some testing, but 'sic' then you don't use the advantages of the blade and the balance of the blade will different, once you buy and apply that rubber on the cybershape.

Comming from a Stiga Dynasty Carbon, I found it has similar feeling, but my Cybershape with 85g was way faster than my 94g Dynasty Carbon. I wanted something slower and even with slower rubbers, I was not really able to decently short receive, as I do with my Dynasty Carbon.

I will keep the blade as memorable blade for its time. Maybe in 50 years, my grand children will be wondering, what this was about :)

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023

I have a cybershape with orange sponge skyline 2 on the fh and LION Claw long pips on the backhand. the long pips feel ok with a low arc with decent control, but smacking the ball after my opponent pushes is a bit challenging, maybe cuz its long pips are hard pips, and I havent played with them much. So yeah, really nothing special except for the shape. Quite a thin blade as well but feels very heavy. Can't wait to get my unwashed hands on the truls version.

This user has no status.
Yeah, the cybershape is decent for looping, but the carbon isn't engaged very much. So flat hits are better in this case, which is probably why Truls likes it. I didn't try it long enough to get a great speed reading, and i couldn't really compare it to my old bat as my old bat had fast rubbers on a slow blade but the cybershape had slow rubbers on a fast blade. So not really a fair comparison. All I really remember is that the vibraton was minimal and it felt a bit like a Boll ALC, because of the Koto.

This user has no status.
In that case, @Andrea Jiang should reach out to Truls and try to sign him.
I have heard the Cyberblade and I think it should be great.
To tell the truth, the C&C is also really a very good blade, it is reflected in cost performance, workmanship, and easy handling.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
Funny story about the Cybershape; my friend has one and was playing in local league. They were playing with a pretty banged up Xushoafa 3 star and in one of the points it hit my freinds edge right on the corner(saying that feels wrong, bats shouldn't have corners😂.) When the ball hit the floor, we all heard the infamous 'crackkkk'. All play stopped in the room as we mourned for their loss😂.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
Cybershape is horrible for chiquita because of the shape (rotational inertia is too big and a head heavy design). I was getting like double the shot quality with old trusty Viscaria lol. Even Truls himself doesn't use the chiquita much, preferring the old school BH flat flick.

Reactions: PaddyPolar
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
No. If the blade has the same structure/composition and "only" the top ply is Limba vs. Koto, the Koto blade would be minimal faster. At least it would feel like it is faster, because the Ball has less dwell time. I also find that Koto has a more distinct short vibration, when you hit the ball.

But back to topic. The biggest disadvantage of Cybersharpe for an EJ is that you can basically throw away all rubber you fittet for the Cybershape. There is almost no second market to get rubbers and no second market to sell them. Of course you can use normal shaped rubbers on a Cybershape to do some testing, but 'sic' then you don't use the advantages of the blade and the balance of the blade will different, once you buy and apply that rubber on the cybershape.

Comming from a Stiga Dynasty Carbon, I found it has similar feeling, but my Cybershape with 85g was way faster than my 94g Dynasty Carbon. I wanted something slower and even with slower rubbers, I was not really able to decently short receive, as I do with my Dynasty Carbon.

I will keep the blade as memorable blade for its time. Maybe in 50 years, my grand children will be wondering, what this was about :)
IMG_6712.jpeg

don't let those bits and pieces of leftover rubber go to waste.Practice the 3R: Reduce or Reuse and Recycle.

says STAX X9000 is the BEST!
IMO Cybershape Carbon main advantage is it's flat play, if you use it a lot then this blade could be a great weapon, dispite a lot of disadvantages of this blade and obvious overprice...

BTW I'm using Cybershape Carbon as my main blade for almost a year now, I had two of them actually, and today will have a 3rd one (already payd for it, just need to pick it up after work), couldn't hold myself back from buying Truls Edition (will probably sell one of my "basic" Cybershape Carbon blades), very interested in trying CWT technology for a long time...

Reactions: jammmail and JJ Ng