Stiga Emerald VPS Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Nice review.
I think the handle of vps emerald is not hollow because as you said it is not headheavy and u didnt felt it heavy while playing. If the handle was hollow then it would be headheavy because there would be no proper balance of weight.
Nice photos.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Nice review! My Emerald VPS weighs 88g which I find perfect. I have a friend who's Emerald weighs around 89g. I think that's about the standard weight.

Last edited:
razzzz, yes i have reviewed the infinity vps last year. it is a very good blade but some find it slow but others who use neo h3 loves it. in china, infinity is selling very good aside from the clipper. the emerald vps is beginning to pick up its pace in sales. the factory has ran out of stocks and they are producing more emeralds for the great demand

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
razzzz, yes i have reviewed the infinity vps last year. it is a very good blade but some find it slow but others who use neo h3 loves it. in china, infinity is selling very good aside from the clipper. the emerald vps is beginning to pick up its pace in sales. the factory has ran out of stocks and they are producing more emeralds for the great demand

ok, thank you for the information :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews

The Emerald was a really good blade but a bit to fast for my game style. I bought the Infinity Vps and man I couldn't be more satisfied, I like blades with good control so it worked perfect for me!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
On STIGA Japan's Facebook page, there is a test of the Emerald VPS by a whole team who plays in Japan 1st league I think (women).
There are 6 or 7 quite detailed review done by these professional players for those who understand japanese (I don't).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/STIGA-JAPAN/648098011871451

What seems interesting is that they say what type of players could like this blade and why, which type of rubbers plays well with the blade etc.

Also, in this page, Sayaka Hirano says that she changed her Stiga Rosewood V blade for a Clipper CR-WRB because of the new ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 9 reviews
My personnal experience with calibras lt and tour is that they play far better on flexible blade with high throw/dwell time.

I see that you are playing with Calibra tour, what is your experience? I felt that the top sheet was a very smooth when I touched it with my hand but I have heard that the spin is great when you touch it with the ball, I have never tried it myself but I'm very interesting in trying it

I didn't like the tour M on stiff blades but its a very interesting rubber on flexible blades. The spin is perfectly fine, even for serves......I agree that the topsheet is so "special" that its kinda hard to believe it can produce huge spin........but it can. I don't see a huge drop of spin between T80 and Tour M, there is but really not much. I'm going to try this rubber even of BH on my IF AL. This rubber is great. A store is making a discount on tour M, 22€ per rubbers, I ordered 3 more :D

This rubber is very linear and precise and Tour M 1.7mm is clearly faster than T80 1.9mm also.
I was looking for a rubber faster enough for my FH on IF AL one 1.7-1.9mm tickness with good spin and durability.......Tour M is doing the job.
I play this rubber for more than 2 weeks now, still looking and playing like new, no drop of speed or spin (in fact, every time its like its playing a litte better, a litte faster :D).

I don't know if Infinity VPS as a good flex, but if it has you should try the Tour M, you will hate it or love it, worth the try.

edit : recieved my Calibras Tour :D Many Tests incomming lol :

1422802678-20150201-154132-1.jpg

Last edited: