suggestions for BH rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I got a lot of info about FH rubber(donic coppa gold,razka,tenergy,rasant....). But, I don't know what BH rubber should I choose. It shouldn't be something like anti-spin or pips as I am an intermediate.

This user has no status.
General rule for intermediate is to get a control-oriented rubber with soft sponge. Anything will do being honest, the question is what exactly are you looking for so that the rubber brings you not only control and ease of play but also fun and joy. Personally I use Tibhar Genius Sound on ALL blade and I have just got Andro Rasant Beat and OFF blade, though it's still a bit too fast for me ;)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are so many rubbers you could use for your BH. Sometimes what you get for BH is related, to some extent to:

1) how you play (pushing, blocking, looping),

2) level (you said you are intermediate but one person's intermediate could be another person's beginner: I know people who feel they are intermediate/advanced players but they have only played basement players and as soon as they play club/league/tournament level players, they realize they are really beginners) and

3) what you want: do you want fast, slow, spinny, high spin/speed ratio, high speed/spin ratio, etc. And these choices, hopefully would have something to do with level and play style as well.

All that being said, a medium or medium soft Euro tensor or Japanese grippy/non tacky rubber is usually the most useful thing for a BH rubber. And most of the major non Chinese brands have several versions that would be good.

Examples would be:

T05fx, T80fx, T64fx
EL-P, FX-P
Omega V Europe, Omega IV Europe, Vega Europe
Baracuda
Aurus Soft
Rakza 7 Soft

The list goes on.

Some people prefer Chinese rubbers for BH. Not many but recently there has been a new market for this with the 40+ Poly Ball.

So a tacky rubber like H3 with a softer sponge, can work. Or some of the semi-tacky Chinese rubbers with softer springier sponges that are sort of imitations of Tensor rubbers but with less spring and more tack, those work well too.

The question really is, how do you play and what do you want.

At some point someone is going to say: "Video footage of you playing will help." Maybe it would. Or you could just make a list of all the rubbers you are considering, make a cue card for each rubber, put them on a dart board and close your eyes and throw till a dart sticks in a cue card and that's your rubber.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
Actually, not every rubber suited well to everyone. I think the most important thing is to realize how good you are in playing table tennis and what are you looking to achieve by changing the rubber. But in my perspective, if you like to spin with backhand, you can try a softer sponge rubber, but if you prefer flatter contact for your backhand, you can find a harder or medium sponge rubber. Here are some reference of backhand rubber most people used in my country :
1. Tibhar evolution fx-p
2. Tenergy 05-fx
3. Tenergy 80-fx
4. Donic Bluefire M3
5. Andro Rasant Powersponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
What's your paddle, is it really donic carbotec as you have mentioned in your profile ? Why did you choose that as a paddle ?

Are you taking serious coaching ?

When you say intermediate , how did you get that idea ? When I was playing mostly in my office I used to pretty much pummel people with my jonyer hinoki , mark V setup and I thought I was intermediate... after going to a club and playing some really old guys quickly changed my POV :D ... this was 3-4 years back ...

If you want to make it easier and not answer all these question and get a really accurate advise on your equipment and we cannot promise you we will not give you any unwarranted feedback on your playing style, level, technique you can post a video ... or avoid all this torment , albeit for a good cause, and use the dart board method that Carl suggested all ready ...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
All great suggestions here, I can give you recommendations from a cheapskate's perspective ;) If you play an offensive style and loop/flick from your backhand, you might like Palio CJ8000 on 36-38 degree sponge as PiZa said. If you do everything with your backhand -pushes, punches, loops, etc - Dawei 2008XP Superpower is great. Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
I got a lot of info about FH rubber(donic coppa gold,razka,tenergy,rasant....). But, I don't know what BH rubber should I choose. It shouldn't be something like anti-spin or pips as I am an intermediate.

If you have already pick and like your FH rubber, then a safe bet is that you can just pick the same series but one step or two down in hardness for BH. If you pick Coppa X1 for FH, then X2 or X3 for BH it is. Rakza + Rakza Soft, Tenergy + Tenergy FX, Rasant + Rasant Beat...etc. It may not be the best choice but probably not far off, and it will certainly make life easier. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl