Super viscaria

says Master blocker
says Master blocker
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
Is the super viscaria worth it? I heard that it is good with tenergy 05 bh and h3 provincial fh. Is the super viscaria alc worth its price or is there better options like fan zhendong, long 5, king wang chuqin blade, etc. Price doesnt really matter.
I've noticed that your current blade is Xiom TMXi which is the same I play with.

All I can tell you is that I tried Super Viscaria for 1 session with T05 on the FH and Dignics 05 on the BH and hated it.
Didn't like anything about it. I much prefer TMXi in all aspects.

I really liked the classic Viscaria however. I played with it for a short period but eventually I came back to the "safety" of my TMXi.

Do you play without rubber? How can a blade grasp the ball?
That’s an exaggeration, he probably means that the contact time is very short.
The blade can actually help the sensation that the ball is grasped, but of course it’s mostly the rubber.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
I've noticed that your current blade is Xiom TMXi which is the same I play with.

All I can tell you is that I tried Super Viscaria for 1 session with T05 on the FH and Dignics 05 on the BH and hated it.
Didn't like anything about it. I much prefer TMXi in all aspects.

I really liked the classic Viscaria however. I played with it for a short period but eventually I came back to the "safety" of my TMXi.
Can you please describe why you didnt like it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Is the super viscaria worth it? I heard that it is good with tenergy 05 bh and h3 provincial fh. Is the super viscaria alc worth its price or is there better options like fan zhendong, long 5, king wang chuqin blade, etc. Price doesnt really matter.
If you are looking at resell value in the future, then sure get the Butterfly Super Viscaria. If you look at quality and price get the Joola Zhou Qihao Hyper Ary 90 or whatever its name is nowadays. In the beginning it was Joola Zhou Qihao Super ALC 90. The South Korean blade maker makes better quality than Butterfly at a lower price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
If you are looking at resell value in the future, then sure get the Butterfly Super Viscaria. If you look at quality and price get the Joola Zhou Qihao Hyper Ary 90 or whatever its name is nowadays. In the beginning it was Joola Zhou Qihao Super ALC 90. The South Korean blade maker makes better quality than Butterfly at a lower price.
Im buying the blade from vietnam. Butterfly is a lot cheaper in vietnam.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
If you really want a super ALC I’d rather go with Fan Zhendong SALC, the 2 are supposed to be similar but Fan SALC feels safer and better for Chinese rubbers. In my area in Central Europe it also has a better resell value cause I have never seen anybody trying to sell a second hand Fan SALC whereas have seen quite a few posts about Viscaria SALC.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
Okay, but is it better quality tho? Butterfly is a lot cheaper in China too than in 1st word countries but I'm not sure it's worth it...
The other time I bought a new FZD ZLC for a 170$ in China with delivery and it had absolutely no problem. You just need to buy from a reputable store.

Regarding South Korean blades:
I think you’re right, got me a Donic J-O Waldner Gold edition, and it is a mighty fine blade. A fast so it will wait faithfully in my closet for now…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
It's been about 6-7 months since I've tried it and can't remember all the details.
From what I can recall, I didn't like the feeling and vibration, the throw angle (higher than I like) and didn't like at all the blocking.
Then what other blade would you recommend? Preferably a butterfly blade. I am still keen to try the super viscaria unless there is a better blade