Dignics 09c longevity

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So im using a Viscaria blade currently with Fastarc G1 max both sides. Love it. great. Wanted to bump it up and ordered the Tibhar Hybrid K3. currently in transit as I live overseas.
Now after ordering it I found out it wont last long. I wouldn't have placed the order if I knew. Regardless of how good it is. Its just not economically sane to pay 65 usd for 1 sheet and having to change it out every 2-3 months.
So I looked at alternatives. Found Rakza 7 and Z etc. buuuut.... there is compromises. its slow. even slower than G1 and 09c from what I hear.
And it made me think. K3 is really trying to be as good as the more expensive 09c from butterfly. Thats a 85$ sheet. 20$ more pr sheet. 40$ extra for the setup.
But.... I hear people praise their 09c for longevity. If this is true in the long run its cheaper then K3 and most likely better as well according to reviews.
So what are people experience with Dignics 09c for longevity?
If one played hard 2 hours a day. When will it be needed to be changed?
Also maybe more important:
If I invest in this, please let me know all the little details on tips and tricks to keep this rubber alive for as long as possible.

I need some good news to justify 170$ worth of rubber purchase.
Unless someone feels I have totally overlooked something and there is a 50$ rubber out there better than 09c? Is there?
Ok im aware that was a lot of questions ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The looks of the rubber degrades pretty quickly, but performance wise it's a pretty slow gradual decline. What kind of condition do you play in? What I notice more than anything is that under cold and humid conditions the degradation is most obvious. Under regular conditions neither I nor my training partner (i.e. on the receiving end) can tell much of a difference between a new sheet and a 150 hour, 4 month used sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
The looks of the rubber degrades pretty quickly, but performance wise it's a pretty slow gradual decline. What kind of condition do you play in? What I notice more than anything is that under cold and humid conditions the degradation is most obvious. Under regular conditions neither I nor my training partner (i.e. on the receiving end) can tell much of a difference between a new sheet and a 150 hour, 4 month used sheet.
I live in a place where the temperature year round is very stable around 20 to 30 degrees celcius. not too cold. not too hot. Humidity is mid to high depending on seasons.
at 2 hours play daily would it maybe last over 4 months?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So im using a Viscaria blade currently with Fastarc G1 max both sides. Love it. great. Wanted to bump it up and ordered the Tibhar Hybrid K3. currently in transit as I live overseas.
Now after ordering it I found out it wont last long. I wouldn't have placed the order if I knew. Regardless of how good it is. Its just not economically sane to pay 65 usd for 1 sheet and having to change it out every 2-3 months.
So I looked at alternatives. Found Rakza 7 and Z etc. buuuut.... there is compromises. its slow. even slower than G1 and 09c from what I hear.
And it made me think. K3 is really trying to be as good as the more expensive 09c from butterfly. Thats a 85$ sheet. 20$ more pr sheet. 40$ extra for the setup.
But.... I hear people praise their 09c for longevity. If this is true in the long run its cheaper then K3 and most likely better as well according to reviews.
Also maybe more important:
If I invest in this, please let me know all the little details on tips and tricks to keep this rubber alive for as long as possible.

I need some good news to justify 170$ worth of rubber purchase.
Unless someone feels I have totally overlooked something and there is a 50$ rubber out there better than 09c? Is there?
Ok im aware that was a lot of questions ;)
just get Loki Arthur China or Dragon Grip

This user has no status.
It's not unplayable, but the spin quality (which is the exact reason why I bought it) went down a lot. You could boost it to get it back but what is the purpose of buying D09c if you have to boost anyway?

I once had a 6 month D09c which created even less spin than a 6mth old D05, and was quite bouncy too due to loss of tackiness so I don't even get the short game benefit

Quite unlike D05 where I have sheets that are 1 yr old which still spin the ball like a monster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
It's not unplayable, but the spin quality (which is the exact reason why I bought it) went down a lot. You could boost it to get it back but what is the purpose of buying D09c if you have to boost anyway?

I once had a 6 month D09c which created even less spin than a 6mth old D05, and was quite bouncy too due to loss of tackiness so I don't even get the short game benefit

Quite unlike D05 where I have sheets that are 1 yr old which still spin the ball like a monster.
how much have you been playing the 05 sheet after 1 year? sounds incredible.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
WARNING : to compare a D 09c with LAC borders on complete insanity or at least monstrous delusion 😁😁😁
That is your valid opinion.

I personally disagree. Right now, I have LAC, D09c, and Dragon Grip glued on 3 separate blades. I find them extremely comparable. If I'm just being totally honest, I actually prefer LAC as I feel the arc is better.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
how much have you been playing the 05 sheet after 1 year? sounds incredible.
1-2x a week in general... but there's quite a few multiball sessions which I think are the worst for rubbers. Yes D05 durability is extremely good - it's the reason why I'm playing it on both sides. You just have to deal with its downside i.e bad control in short push (you have to compensate with very good momentum absorption technique). I avoid short push for the most part (I favour the no spin "push" flick and other flick/sideswipe variations in general which utilizes the best parts of the rubber).

D05 in the topspin game comes to its own, just so much speed and spin and control.

Reactions: Cadoia
This user has no status.
I would recommend just going straight to D05. Very hard to beat the price/yr if you're using them for such long periods of time, and if you can't be bothered to boost.

k3 looks cheaper until you factor in the durability then it is a lot more expensive than D05.

You just have to deal with the terrible push control with good technique, and learn to control the beast of a rubber (again with good technique). It's also physically easier on the body since you can generate really powerful loops without that much effort (as compared to hard tacky rubbers).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I live in a place where the temperature year round is very stable around 20 to 30 degrees celcius. not too cold. not too hot. Humidity is mid to high depending on seasons.
at 2 hours play daily would it maybe last over 4 months?
I think it can, I've played one for about 200 hours and it still played fine. I only switched to a new sheet because I was gonna play in a tournament. The new sheet I only played for about 150 hours because it was getting cold and humid and I wanted a little extra grip. But now that it's warmer and no longer raining it feels pretty much the same as my newer sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Maybe you got a bad sheet. I mean, even an old sheet of D09c (150+ hrs) covered with dust from 100s of training balls is far less bouncy than D05.

Reactions: ben1229
This user has no status.
Maybe you got a bad sheet. I mean, even an old sheet of D09c (150+ hrs) covered with dust from 100s of training balls is far less bouncy than D05.
In that case I got 3 bad sheets out of 3 and my friends got 2 bad sheets out of 2...

Anyway, I'm not the only one complaining about D09c durability... switching to D05 made my life a lot easier once I adjusted.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
That is your valid opinion.

I personally disagree. Right now, I have LAC, D09c, and Dragon Grip glued on 3 separate blades. I find them extremely comparable. If I'm just being totally honest, I actually prefer LAC as I feel the arc is better.
Let me guess, the 3 rubbers are not glued on 3 identical blades

• Haha
Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
In that case I got 3 bad sheets out of 3 and my friends got 2 bad sheets out of 2...

Anyway, I'm not the only one complaining about D09c durability... switching to D05 made my life a lot easier once I adjusted.
How have you used so many sheets? I don't recall it being your primary rubber.

Either way, the D05 just doesn't fit my style, doesn't grab the ball and spin it very well when speed is high, though I can see its appeal if you play more of a close to the table quick speed game. I think both my blade and rubber focus on single shot quality, deep dwell with a lot of power with powerful swings.

This user has no status.
How have you used so many sheets? I don't recall it being your primary rubber.

Either way, the D05 just doesn't fit my style, doesn't grab the ball and spin it very well when speed is high, though I can see its appeal if you play more of a close to the table quick speed game. I think both my blade and rubber focus on single shot quality, deep dwell with a lot of power with powerful swings.
I used to use 09c on FH and 05 on BH for a long time. Like you I really liked the shot quality offered by 09c on FH as it does have a higher spin ceiling than 05 in my opinion. But the durability issue made me change to 05 because it was a bit too much on the pocket. As 05 generally has twice the durability of 09c, it is in fact 2x cheaper to play 05 than 09c...

I do play a much faster close to table game these days which the 05 really accentuates. I think my technique also became a lot shorter stroke now. I'm modelling my game after Harimoto and Sun Yingsha for the most part.

Last edited:
Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
.... I hear people praise their 09c for longevity. If this is true in the long run its cheaper then K3 and most likely better as well according to reviews.

I played 09c for about 2 years. It's easily my favorite hybrid, but the top sheet wears out fast. IMO faster than T05 and very much faster than D05 (by far the most durable rubber I've used). For me, the extreme grip of 09c lasts about 10-15 hours, during which time it plays something like boosted H3 with a higher throw. It remains really good for another 20-30 hours, after which my loops start flying off the end of the table and I have to get a new sheet or adjust my strokes. I played K3 for a month, and the top sheet was no more durable than 09c, maybe less. Also, the K3 booster effect wears off quickly (unlike with the 09c sponge which easily outlasts the topsheet).