Dignics 09c longevity

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I personally disagree. Right now, I have LAC, D09c, and Dragon Grip glued on 3 separate blades.
can do you one better. They have been glued on the same blade at the same time.
The miracle of having 2 sides to a single blade.
Well, make up your mind 😂😂😂
Maybe it was about time that somebody invented the 3 sided blade, congratulations.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
I played 09c for about 2 years. It's easily my favorite hybrid, but the top sheet wears out fast. IMO faster than T05 and very much faster than D05 (by far the most durable rubber I've used). For me, the extreme grip of 09c lasts about 10-15 hours, during which time it plays something like boosted H3 with a higher throw. It remains really good for another 20-30 hours, after which my loops start flying off the end of the table and I have to get a new sheet or adjust my strokes. I played K3 for a month, and the top sheet was no more durable than 09c, maybe less. Also, the K3 booster effect wears off quickly (unlike with the 09c sponge which easily outlasts the topsheet).
ok thats just not economical. I never even considered D05 before. ill look into it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I've been using my dignics 09c since october....i haven't noticed any significant drop off in performance. If i were still using tenergy 19/05....the rubber would be dead by now. i think I can go another few months at least with this rubber.

Funny how switching from Tenergy 05 + 19 to DHS Hurricane NEO 3 + D09C has saved me a lot of money already and improved my game!

Reactions: ben1229

_ak

This user has no status.
i haven't boosted them yet. I don't think they really need boost, and I don't think Dragon grip really reacts too strongly to boost anyways.
It's tempting. My clubmate got a well used 09c sheet and able to just sweep a backspin ball over the table without going down and using his legs to lift it. I tried his bat, brush loop works really well but couldn't figure out how to powerloop it like with my BD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I played 09c for about 2 years. It's easily my favorite hybrid, but the top sheet wears out fast. IMO faster than T05 and very much faster than D05 (by far the most durable rubber I've used). For me, the extreme grip of 09c lasts about 10-15 hours, during which time it plays something like boosted H3 with a higher throw. It remains really good for another 20-30 hours, after which my loops start flying off the end of the table and I have to get a new sheet or adjust my strokes. I played K3 for a month, and the top sheet was no more durable than 09c, maybe less. Also, the K3 booster effect wears off quickly (unlike with the 09c sponge which easily outlasts the topsheet

30 hour life time for a D09C? Not sure how you use it, but for me, D09C can at least last several months like 100 hours +. Wipe the rubbers gently with sweat will help clean and maintain the rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I've been using my dignics 09c since october....i haven't noticed any significant drop off in performance. If i were still using tenergy 19/05....the rubber would be dead by now. i think I can go another few months at least with this rubber.

Funny how switching from Tenergy 05 + 19 to DHS Hurricane NEO 3 + D09C has saved me a lot of money already and improved my game!
Do u boost H3 neo ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
30 hour life time for a D09C? Not sure how you use it, but for me, D09C can at least last several months like 100 hours +. Wipe the rubbers gently with sweat will help clean and maintain the rubbers.
I do try to take good care of the rubber, but never got to 50 hours with a sheet of 09c. By 40 hours at the most the sweet spot looks worn and is losing its grip. It's not like it suddenly turns into anti, but at that point it's an essentially different and for me a far inferior rubber. 100+ hours of play doesn't compute for me, but of course ymmv. I know a few players who prefer worn out rubber.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I do try to take good care of the rubber, but never got to 50 hours with a sheet of 09c. By 40 hours at the most the sweet spot looks worn and is losing its grip. It's not like it suddenly turns into anti, but at that point it's an essentially different and for me a far inferior rubber. 100+ hours of play doesn't compute for me, but of course ymmv. I know a few players who prefer worn out rubber.
I know someone hits consistently on one small spot on the paddle and that actually wears the rubber out pretty quickly.

This user has no status.
I know someone hits consistently on one small spot on the paddle and that actually wears the rubber out pretty quickly.
The other factor is how hard they hit or brush. Loopkills kind of destroy rubbers much faster especially on the FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think the fact that the D09c LOOKS really worn very quickly plays into people's perception of it as well. I've also heard some people say that the red sheet doesn't wear as quickly as the black sheet, which IMO is probably just because the red side doesn't show wear as readily as the black side.

Reactions: caMo
This user has no status.
That is your valid opinion.

I personally disagree. Right now, I have LAC, D09c, and Dragon Grip glued on 3 separate blades. I find them extremely comparable. If I'm just being totally honest, I actually prefer LAC as I feel the arc is better.
Just ordered a sheet for 18€ shipped.
Did you boost it?